Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While trying to overclock, my BIOS managed to get all messed up. After I pulled the battery off the motherboard, waited a few minutes and put the battery back in I re-editted the settings so that it was a RAID 0 and that the two drives were paired. When I try and boot Windows 7, I get a 0x7B error and apparently this is a driver issue. Is there anyway to resolve this? I didn't change any of the hardware in the system, I only reset the motherboard settings. I can't get into the system at all, and the recovery console barely does anything after loading the drivers off the motherboard's disc to see the drive.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
try setting to ahci or ide just so it boots then reinstall raid drivers

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will it boot if it was previously set to a RAID 0? The data is striped so I would think it was just blue screen almost automatically. How would I be able to install any drivers if I can't get in the system. Ubuntu 10.10 Live CD sees the drive as a single drive just fine.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
From what I know if you have windows on the drive if you originally installed with raid then you can switch to ahci or ide to boot to a drive and they should show up seperately. If you are just using linux boot a live cd and install the linux raid drivers from the live cd to the disks. Your third option would be to connect the drives to a different computer and access the data. Copy it to a backup drive then reinstall but im sure you dont want to reinstall your os

1 - 4 of 4 Posts