Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
8,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First played this game on a Xbox at a friends house, and it was alright looking. Over the weekend I purchased RE5 for PC on Steam. Have all the eye candy set to max and the resolution at 1080p. Man its super impressive. I have beaten Crysis on my Rig, and it looked amazing, but I think RE5 Might have edged it out. I know its a Port, but its a damn good looking one, its max resolution supported is like 2000 thousand something. Playing the co op with a buddy here on OCN, and am really impressed with it, runs great at a solid 60 frames or more with the limiter off. Whats everyone's thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,312 Posts
Don't be silly. With the amount of polygons the Crytek engine pushes, you could likely render RE5 twice.

·
Premium Member
16,447 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreatsquare
View Post

Don't be silly. With the amount of polygons the Crytek engine pushes, you could likely render RE5 twice.

I sometimes think it has too many polygons...

Really hope Crysis 2 is more optimized, not that i wont be able to run it either way.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazloisdavrock
View Post

First played this game on a Xbox at a friends house, and it was alright looking. Over the weekend I purchased RE5 for PC on Steam. Have all the eye candy set to max and the resolution at 1080p. Man its super impressive. I have beaten Crysis on my Rig, and it looked amazing, but I think RE5 Might have edged it out. I know its a Port, but its a damn good looking one, its max resolution supported is like 2000 thousand something. Playing the co op with a buddy here on OCN, and am really impressed with it, runs great at a solid 60 frames or more with the limiter off. Whats everyone's thoughts?

It can't have been too amazing if you could run it maxed at 1080p with that graphics card, (that's not a personal hit on your card, but just the way it is...)

Either that, or it's amazingly optimized!

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LiLChris
View Post

Whats wrong with a 4890?

I knew someone would take it the wrong way

There's nothing wrong with them at all, it's just i don't think a game with better graphics then Crysis could work on it, maxed at 1920x1080 resolution with ~60fps.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Resident Evil does look really good, but nah still not as good as crysis.
Wait for Crysis 2 to come out on consoles so you can compare with console versions.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreatsquare
View Post

Polycount is by far the least important thing.

RE5 looks OK, I wouldn't go comparing it to Crysis, I'd call it in the region of CoD4 level graphics.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Resident Evil 5 is epic! I still haven't played 4 but for more than like 10 minutes. (It's because I was trying to find all the mods to make it look better on PC, and I have found them all, so I think my weekend project will be to beat RE4
) Anyways, the graphics do look amazing in RE5, but Crysis still has the better graphics. Not by like a mile stretch or anything like that, but enough to notice a difference. Also, add me on steam genji_takaya and we'll play RE5 some time

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by robbo2
View Post

I hated the game an thought it looked horrible.

as I did at first, and I still see it horrible actually. not to mention when I reach those level with men with saws
... I really get scared when he comes around me...

any way... I could finish the game with a trainer later, and I saw it was good, I even played it again afterwards... but actually ... I couldn't play the game without a trainer anyway... the general landscape, and those strange scaring zombies in the game, besides the whole scaring atmosphere, the terrible music effects... all held me back from playing the game without a trainer.

but eventually... I enjoyed the game.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I do see what you mean OP:

There's just a certain convincingness to it that might just edge out Crysis. Technically, no, its textures are lower res, and the polycount is lower, and the lighting is less detailed, etc.

But just from looking at the screenshots, the lighting and full-screen shader effects are very artfully executed and give it a very lifelike feel. I'd rather games be smoother running and look better through art, as opposed to just throwing mega-textures and polycounts around.

·
Premium Member
14,173 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by the magical me
View Post

as I did at first, and I still see it horrible actually. not to mention when I reach those level with men with saws
... I really get scared when he comes around me...

any way... I could finish the game with a trainer later, and I saw it was good, I even played it again afterwards... but actually ... I couldn't play the game without a trainer anyway... the general landscape, and those strange scaring zombies in the game, besides the whole scaring atmosphere, the terrible music effects... all held me back from playing the game without a trainer.

but eventually... I enjoyed the game.

Yeah... I'll be honest, I had to play RE5 with a trainer to beat it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Soggy_Popcorn View Post
I do see what you mean OP:

There's just a certain convincingness to it that might just edge out Crysis. Technically, no, its textures are lower res, and the polycount is lower, and the lighting is less detailed, etc.

But just from looking at the screenshots, the lighting and full-screen shader effects are very artfully executed and give it a very lifelike feel. I'd rather games be smoother running and look better through art, as opposed to just throwing mega-textures and polycounts around.
you nailed it, man. it's the art direction or art style--which some people refer to as graphics, when in fact they're talking about the "look" and not the technical aspects such as texture size and polycount.

a perfect example is when people say that crysis has better graphics than metro 2033. why? because crysis is all-bright-and-sunny-outdoors while metro has dark-doom-and-gloom-claustrophobic tunnels. duh!

·
Registered
657 Posts
I only played it on ps3 and thought it was impressive...and for what it is it really is amazingly good looking....crysis is also imo an unfair comparison since it never hit a console and cripples most regular folks pc's with its ridiculous requirements

·
Registered
242 Posts
I gotta say when i played re5 i was moocho impressed with it's overall look, just a shame the game play sucks a tad lol, i'm playing through metro 2033 right now maxed out settings on dx10 with the mxsaa on to and some of the effects are unreal the volumetric's n stuff are awsome! Deffinalty better than crysis. So i have to agree with the statement above crysis is overrated. Also @Lazloisdavrock
how can you be playing re5 in 1920x1080 when you monitor does not supprt it?????????

·
Registered
860 Posts
RE5 is the worse game ive ever played, despite the fact that i throwed up after 30 min of getting use to the camera angle and the stupid too smooth sensitivty, but what the hell? Its not even a real zombie game or at least close to a realistic zombie scenario, Worse is, theres no gore? It would be better if the gores are similar to Left4dead, at least it will be fun. What happen to the old Resident evil (racoon city) with slow walking scary looking zombies, and the really creepy atmosphere ob being alone in a destroyed city with zombies and a few bosses.

I would rather play Resident evil 1 on my PS1 rather then playing this crappy RE5.

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy^^Red
View Post

RE5 is the worse game ive ever played, despite the fact that i throwed up after 30 min of getting use to the camera angle and the stupid too smooth sensitivty, but what the hell? Its not even a real zombie game or at least close to a realistic zombie scenario, Worse is, theres no gore? It would be better if the gores are similar to Left4dead, at least it will be fun. What happen to the old Resident evil (racoon city) with slow walking scary looking zombies, and the really creepy atmosphere ob being alone in a destroyed city with zombies and a few bosses.

I would rather play Resident evil 1 on my PS1 rather then playing this crappy RE5.

We're not taking about the gameplay here...so where did you come from?

Also, Crysis uses SSAO, which really puts strain on GPUs.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Quote:

We're not taking about the gameplay here...so where did you come from?

Also, Crysis uses SSAO, which really puts strain on GPUs.

I know. Yes RE5 has a very nice graphic but whats the point of having such nice graphic while the gameplay sucks? Im sure you gamers go for games with nice graphic and a fun gameplay right? Unless you get the game just to admire the nice graphic and to feel satisfied with your specs then stop playing. =S Like what i did to RE5 lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts