Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Terrible Overclocker
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the life of me, RTC isn't showing resistance values, ProcODT, Cad_Bus, and RTT. etc...

just states 120 Ohm for the ones that should be 20 Ohm and 53.3 for ProcODT

I know at one time it was reporting the values correctly :(

anyone? :D

BIOS: 9931

Attachments

·
Terrible Overclocker
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Asus

Asus Zenith. Its just weird, it loaded the values before, but now I cant get RTC to see them. :(

·
Terrible Overclocker
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Figured it out.

When enabling Firmware TPM under advanced(BIOS). Once enabled RTC no longer reads those values. This normal? does the TPM block certain aspects?

Now running Beta 1003 BIOS

Even when the TPM is enabled are those values just running default or what I set in the BIOS? :/

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Hmm.
That's pretty interesting.
Need to have a look if there is anything to be done, but I doubt it.
The current way the CPU allows access to these parameters leaves a lot to be desired.

The parameters themselves will obviously remain as you set them, regardless if they can be read or not.

·
⤷ αC
11,240 Posts
When enabling Firmware TPM under advanced(BIOS). Once enabled RTC no longer reads those values. This normal? does the TPM block certain aspects?

Now running Beta 1003 BIOS

Even when the TPM is enabled are those values just running default or what I set in the BIOS? :/
Isn't TPM "Trusted Platform Module"? It's likely a security feature blocking any read of such firmware settings to reduce attack surface.

·
Terrible Overclocker
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Isn't TPM "Trusted Platform Module"? It's likely a security feature blocking any read of such firmware settings to reduce attack surface.
Yes, Just wasn't aware that the TPM would be blocking those values.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts