Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having this problem where when I come out of sleep mode my main monitor (22" 1680x1050) drops down to 1024x768 resolution. I have a second monitor (1280x1024) and this one keeps it's resolution fine. It only does this sometimes, and it is getting annoying. I have to rearrange my icons every time
Yes, I have the latest drivers. It does not do this after restart, just sleep mode.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChIck3n View Post
I have been having this problem where when I come out of sleep mode my main monitor (22" 1680x1050) drops down to 1024x768 resolution. I have a second monitor (1280x1024) and this one keeps it's resolution fine. It only does this sometimes, and it is getting annoying. I have to rearrange my icons every time
Yes, I have the latest drivers. It does not do this after restart, just sleep mode.
"What fixed the issue for me was changing the power settings to allow for sleep mode when sharing media, then running:

powercfg -h on

from an administrative command prompt.

What happened was the hibernation file was deleted by disk cleanup.

I hope this helps someone."

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, it came back. This time after a normal restart. It also sometimes moves my start menu over to my secondary monitor and I have to drag it back to my primary monitor. I think it has something to do with opening new games and having them start in a lower res. I just got some portal mods (Portal: Prelude, and Chronoport) and I had not played Portal or CSS since I did my last reinstall so they opened up in low res mode. I think the res they opened in was the same that my monitor has been resetting too. I always set them up to 1680x1050 and then (after a restart that lowers my res) I can play them and restart just fine. Still, does anyone know how to fix this? I have to rearrange my icons every time. A program that saves my icon locations and resets them would also be nice to have (if there is such a thing).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts