Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay ive done this before im sorry to say.. a post by a guy with a CKY avatar made me bring it up.. ill give a brief description of how it was done.

One kenwood deck... anyways.. took a 480wt PSU apart. cut out every wire except for all yellows, blacks, a brown wire, a red wire, and a green wire.. joined all the yellows and blacks into two separate things except a single yellow, used a 20 gague wire for the turn on function of the amp... 2 rocker switches on a custom MDF console, one connecting the decks turn on wire to the singled out yellow wire on the psu; and the second switch was between the brown and blue wires, or the PWR_on switch for the psu.. fitted the deck onto a 5.25 bay with fiberglass molding around it, put the switch console w/ pwr supply onto a main console that could be screwed in anywhere up to 5 r so ft away from the computer.. used a PCI slot to mount a 4 channel wire bay.. and there i had it.. great for radio. if it was mine i would of had it output computer sound but consumer was happy w/ radio, CD, and MP3.

so thats how its done.. if anyone has enough crap around to do this and doesnt find what wa typed above clear enough feel free to ask

1 - 4 of 4 Posts