Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title pretty much says it, I need to get some data off of some striped hard drives (hardware RAIDed). I forgot to get some, erm, pics off of the old drives before I moved to the new rig.

Is there software that can decode a striped array or something? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,245 Posts
Wouldn't it be possible to simply create the array and access the needed data? I think if you can rebuild the array you could boot from an Ubuntu CD and copy what you need.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't this wipe the data? I have no idea, I've never tried to do it before. I just figured it could be done if Windows could "decode" the data.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump, does anyone have experience doing something like this? I don't want to experiment if it means I might be losing the data completely.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
You need the same or compatible RAID controller as before. What controller was it?

The RAID controller has to read the meta-data to "reassemble" the files.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
dude. what i did was took an identical drive formated it. took the plarters out and rebuilt it into the new case as such. it is not easy and it is loads of time and all. try and get anti static gloves to work with. you can go to a highend paint shop and get the anti static gloves and dust free gloves there. what ever u do. do not **** the nedil up. and the middle part is going to be hard to dis mantel as well. and then realigning it all as well

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was an EVGA 780i SLI motherboard.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by levontraut View Post
dude. what i did was took an identical drive formated it. took the plarters out and rebuilt it into the new case as such. it is not easy and it is loads of time and all. try and get anti static gloves to work with. you can go to a highend paint shop and get the anti static gloves and dust free gloves there. what ever u do. do not **** the nedil up. and the middle part is going to be hard to dis mantel as well. and then realigning it all as well
:/

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrec Barrwin View Post
It was an EVGA 780i SLI motherboard.
Then you need to borrow or get access to another NVIDIA motherboard.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
Then you need to borrow or get access to another NVIDIA motherboard.
I still have it. Is all this necessary, though? I was thinking that a software program would be able to decode it.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrec Barrwin View Post
I still have it. Is all this necessary, though? I was thinking that a software program would be able to decode it.

The software would have to either emulate the properitary NVIDIA controller or know how to read the meta-data.... I don't think it exists publicly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts