Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking for some advice from those more experienced/knowledgeable than I...

I ordered an Acer XB270HU off Amazon a couple weeks ago after returning the "refurb" XB270 I got from Newegg which was in abysmal shape (scratched up plastic housing, dead pixels galore). It doesn't seem to have major BLB, I can see some faint bleeding around the edge towards the lower left hand side but it's only visible on a completely black screen. There is a small bit of IPS glow visible in the corners on darker visuals such at the Rainbow Six Siege menu, but nothing really that distracting. Overall, it's orders of magnitude nicer than the Samsung Syncmaster SA350 it replaced.

To get to the point....would you recommend returning the XB270HU for an XB271HU? There wouldn't be major enough QC issues on the display to warrant returning it for another 270, but is the 271 really all that improved over the 270? The stand and bezel are revised, but I really have no issue with the 270's aesthetics. Panel quality is king (at least to me). I know the XB271HU is still quite new, and I have until January 31st to return my 270.

I can't really imagine how much they could have done to improve panel quality in the XB271 over the XB270, but I'm no expert. Thanks in advance
smile.gif

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel452 View Post

Hey guys, looking for some advice from those more experienced/knowledgeable than I...

I ordered an Acer XB270HU off Amazon a couple weeks ago after returning the "refurb" XB270 I got from Newegg which was in abysmal shape (scratched up plastic housing, dead pixels galore). It doesn't seem to have major BLB, I can see some faint bleeding around the edge towards the lower left hand side but it's only visible on a completely black screen. There is a small bit of IPS glow visible in the corners on darker visuals such at the Rainbow Six Siege menu, but nothing really that distracting. Overall, it's orders of magnitude nicer than the Samsung Syncmaster SA350 it replaced.

To get to the point....would you recommend returning the XB270HU for an XB271HU? There wouldn't be major enough QC issues on the display to warrant returning it for another 270, but is the 271 really all that improved over the 270? The stand and bezel are revised, but I really have no issue with the 270's aesthetics. Panel quality is king (at least to me). I know the XB271HU is still quite new, and I have until January 31st to return my 270.

I can't really imagine how much they could have done to improve panel quality in the XB271 over the XB270, but I'm no expert. Thanks in advance
smile.gif
If you are happy with your old XB, have minimal BLB that does not distract you during playing dark games, you do not have dust or dead pixles and no orange glow, only silver IPS glow- do not risk.

Although XB271HU are great- if you have already scored good old XB I would not risk getting into lottery again.

Currently every LCD panel is lottery, more or less depending or brand/model but it is lottery. So if you are 100% happy with yours- keep it, trust me.

·
woot
1,932 Posts
if you are happy with it then keep it, the latest batch of xb270hu supports 165OC from the monitor menu...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts