Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a new house and both my new workspace and my budget were a little cramped so I thought it would be fun to try and build a new system with as many used parts as possible. I got some really great deals from the membership here.

Decided that I wanted to try and build a Thermaltake Core P5 Glass edition. That is new. Other than that the dual pump resevior and some of the lighting are the only other new parts. It's taken me sine the holiday to get everthing together.

So it begins.

·
Banned
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
reserved

reserved for final pics.

·
Banned
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Radiators

I got the radiators finished and tested. Then I mounted the radiator, the Monsoon MMRS resevior that I pulled from my last build, and the pumps I got from the parts forum in the new dual mount. I'm hoping it's quiet. I still love my GT fans. Picked the rads and the fans up on the forums here as well. Have a couple of Alphacool QDCs coming.

Attachments

·
Banned
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aquaero 6

I found a place to mount the Aquaero 6.

Attachments

·
Banned
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's coming together

Had a really productive night last night. The QDCs did not arrive from Amazon last night, apparently they lost my package. I've been told to contact customer service if my package does not arrive by Saturday. That put a stop to my plumbing work so I focused on components. Got the motherboard, RAM, CPU, and my 2080ti mounted. I'm really happy with the color coordination. I'm not good at it so i consider this a happy accident. :) I also got the second rad attached to the back of the case.

Attachments

·
Banned
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tested and filled

So I pressure test all my rigs. Much safer than the drip test. Once that was done I filled the unit with fluid and ran the pumps. The QDCs work great. Now for some wiring and clean up.

Attachments

·
Banned
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wiring is all done.

I got everything wired up and it boots. Wonder of wonders. :) The back looks a little less attractive than I would have liked, but no one will ever look there. The front looks great. Just need to get the OS sorted and the glass installed.

Attachments

·
Banned
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a CCFL that I'm thinking of mounting by the radiator to illuminate the resevoir. I'll post a test pic.

·
Banned
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got the UV lights wired. Like the way it makes the res glow.

Attachments

·
Banned
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UV FTW

I like the way the UV bulbs make the res glow so they are in. Pulled these and the aquareo out of my last build along with all of the fittings.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts