Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day

I'm currently running an old Swiftech Apogee GTZ on my Q9550.
I'm pretty close to taking the jump up to a 6700k but now i need to look at cooling.

So can i reuse/mount the GTZ on the 1151 platform? There is brackets available for 1155/1156 and 1366.
i think it'll fit if i mount it with the 1155/56 kit? (read somewhere that all 115X sockets have the same mount holes/etc?)

Of course i can buy a new block if i have no choice (maybe run air till i can afford one
tongue.gif
) but yeah if i can reuse it, that'd be good (i'm guessing here but performance difference to current blocks im assuming wouldn't be astronomical, maybe a 5deg max?)

Anyway, cheers

·
Registered
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoX View Post

G'day

I'm currently running an old Swiftech Apogee GTZ on my Q9550.
I'm pretty close to taking the jump up to a 6700k but now i need to look at cooling.

So can i reuse/mount the GTZ on the 1151 platform? There is brackets available for 1155/1156 and 1366.
i think it'll fit if i mount it with the 1155/56 kit? (read somewhere that all 115X sockets have the same mount holes/etc?)

Of course i can buy a new block if i have no choice (maybe run air till i can afford one
tongue.gif
) but yeah if i can reuse it, that'd be good (i'm guessing here but performance difference to current blocks im assuming wouldn't be astronomical, maybe a 5deg max?)

Anyway, cheers
this is what you need to get it to work
Socket LGA 1155/1156 Mounting kit (Apogee GTX/GTZ)

which is the waterblock hold down plate and the motherboard backplate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts