Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source

Quote:

Social networking site Facebook said it has formed an advisory board comprising five Internet safety organizations to consult on issues related to online safety.

Good news for parents. Read more about it in the article.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by urgrandpasdog View Post
Pretty pointless IMO, almost all of these "online safety" things are common sense issues.
Think about who this user-base includes.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Quote:
The organizations on the board are Common Sense Media, ConnectSafely, WiredSafety, Childnet International and The Family Online Safety Institute.
that made me laugh.

Honestly, all these things are common sense.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by madroxinide View Post
Think about who this user-base includes.
And honestly, people who can't figure this stuff out deserve whatever they get

·
Registered
224 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by urgrandpasdog View Post
And honestly, people who can't figure this stuff out deserve whatever they get

I agree with you, but unfortunately the more people these shady "dangers" can trick, the more shady "dangers" there will be, which makes it less fun for us.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Hmm I wonder if your allowed to post on facebook from jail/prison?

lol Jailbook, social networking for crims!

OT; yeah all online security is usually common sense like dont just meet randoms on the net lol.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MAD_J
View Post

Hmm I wonder if your allowed to post on facebook from jail/prison?

lol Jailbook, social networking for crims!

OT; yeah all online security is usually common sense like dont just meet randoms on the net lol.

You should make that site, may get rich off the idea!

on topic, this is kinda a waste. Everyone I know, myself included, never add anyone on facebook that I do not know personally.
last.fm is a different story, all but three of my friends are random people from different parts of the world. But other than what I listen to, there is no info about me on last

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5entinel
View Post

Facebook has been ruined imho. They no nothing about privacy. ALL deleted photos are stored in their servers still.

Even if they arent deleted off their servers they probably are in googles cache or the internet archive. Once you put something online, you should treat it as if its online for good.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
When i got on facebook today a little safety thing popped up so that I could change my settings to be safer...they were already set to pretty safe.

I guess if they make it easier for everyone to access safety, it's on the users and not on them if something goes wrong

1 - 12 of 12 Posts