Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
TORONTO, July 2 (Reuters) - Facing real world debts, a trusted figure in a popular online game stole money from the virtual bank he ran and exchanged it for cash through the black market.

It happened in EVE Online, where more than 300,000 subscribers pay $15 a month to play. They gain wealth through hard work, manipulating the market, or killing rivals in a distant future where humans have colonized the stars in an online game similar to World of Warcraft and Second Life.
Source

·
Banned
2,220 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Havegooda View Post
Bah, this was weeks ago. They're just now reporting it?

~Gooda~
It takes new organizations weeks to report internet news.

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
yeah this is old. Infact, this was a question on Xbox Live's 1 vs 100 last night. :-/

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I find it amusing that making $5,100 off an online game is news, when it happens every day. Obviously the fact that a lot of other people were effected makes it more newsworthy, but it doesn't change the fact that I made over 6 grand on a different online game, no theft necessary!

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
I use some of my non-OCN safe websites/other virtual means to pay real world debts all the time. This isnt really a big deal at all. Hell I use my paypal account to order delivery all the time. One time use secure cards ftw!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts