Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFerrari View Post

Looks like just another overspeced OEM mouse. It has a lot of features, but nothing that will make it good for fps.
Any recommendation for good fps gaming mouse?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey1987 View Post

Any recommendation for good fps gaming mouse?
Mionix Avior/Naos 7000.
SteelSeries Rival.
Corsair M45.
Any Zowie.
DA 2013 (distinctly a little worse than the 3310 and 3090 mice though)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey1987 View Post

Any recommendation for good fps gaming mouse?
Wheel Mouse Optical is a perfect example of what makes a great FPS mouse. Light & well balanced, precise,responsive, low LOD and a very "liftable" shape.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey1987 View Post

The sensor position will affect the mouse's performance?
No but it makes some flick rocket jumps in Quake/TF2 unreliable.



With this sensor position, flick RJ from left to right will feel different than right to left. Its hard to explain but any Quaker knows what I mean
biggrin.gif

That is just one example why I don't like off centre sensor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFerrari View Post

Wheel Mouse Optical is a perfect example of what makes a great FPS mouse. Light & well balanced, precise,responsive, low LOD and a very "liftable" shape.
Except super low max PCS on the sensor means a no-go for low sensers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFerrari View Post

I don't find the negative acceleration being that big of a deal. I don't notice it very much.
I'm surprised. In order for me to have 400 CPI to move one pixel or less per report on FPS games I have to set my minimum sens to a number so low that the PCS becomes a problem. My normal sens is 70cm/360 though so yeah 1.5 m/s is absolutely unusable, but that's just in my case.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal571 View Post

I'm surprised. In order for me to have 400 CPI to move one pixel or less per report on FPS games I have to set my minimum sens to a number so low that the PCS becomes a problem. My normal sens is 70cm/360 though so yeah 1.5 m/s is absolutely unusable, but that's just in my case.
I play with about 60cm/360 and does not have problems with it. Sure, I can notice it on fast swipes, but I mostly play CS:GO and focus a lot on crosshair placement. So it's very seldom that I have to swipe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFerrari View Post

I play with about 60cm/360 and does not have problems with it. Sure, I can notice it on fast swipes, but I mostly play CS:GO and focus a lot on crosshair placement. So it's very seldom that I have to swipe.
Yeah, that would be the one exception. My flicks are way, way too fast when playing BF4 Rush or old school COD games at 70cm/360.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal571 View Post

Mionix Avior/Naos 7000.
SteelSeries Rival.
Corsair M45.
Any Zowie.
DA 2013 (distinctly a little worse than the 3310 and 3090 mice though)
Why do you say DA2013 is worse? I had the FK, Savu, and Spawn (which all have the 3090 sensor) and the DA2013 beats them. I also don't know why people say they expierence "smoothing" with it because I can't (maybe its because I play on 400dpi).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronal View Post

Why do you say DA2013 is worse? I had the FK, Savu, and Spawn (which all have the 3090 sensor) and the DA2013 beats them. I also don't know why people say they expierence "smoothing" with it because I can't (maybe its because I play on 400dpi).
It's not really that, but there is more smoothing with the 2013 than the 3310, at least back when I tested it. Who knows, maybe some firmware helped improve it but the build quality and the materials they use for the main surface just doesn't make any sense to me. This board is also littered with stories of having to RMA that mouse...I myself had to RMA 4 3.5Gs back in the day. Yeah, no more Razer for me. Can't stand that company. The drivers are also...quite lame.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top