I need to buy some new components for my HTPC, as during one of the last storms we had the 'surge protector' appeared to well, fail. As such, the PC was old (my old rig) and the parts needed some replacing anyway. Please give me your thoughts on wheather or not this new HTPC rig will meet my expectations
- Play back 720p video without any audio/video problems
- Play music for hours without issue
- File server with FTP access
- Powered on 24/7 without issue, rebooting rarely (will use sleep mode)
- Audio and Video through the HDMI port
- HDD (160gb C and 1TB data) drives
- DVD ROM
- Power Supply
- Remote Control
- E6300 Wolfdale 2.8GHz 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor
- GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2L LGA 775 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
- 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800Mhz RAM
- SAPPHIRE 100265HDMI Radeon HD 4830 512MB
- Belkin 12 port surge protector
- APEVIA Black / Silver SECC Steel / Aluminum X-MASTER-AL/500 ATX Media Center / HTPC Case
- Will two HDD's fit in that case?
- Will the HDMI port on the video card output audio and video, and is the card more than I need for what I want?
- Is a Core2 Duo sufficient for a HTPC HD playback?
- Which OS is best for management and usage? I'm familiar with Ubuntu + Boxee and Windows, either of those two.