Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just got Rfactor and it seems like a fun game that isn't overly simulated (if you choose the right options).

However, I am trying to learn to drive well and learn the tracks and I was wondering if there was a minimap or track overview map that could be toggled on/off. Something that sits in the corner of the screen and shows you the track layout, similar to other racing games.

Is there an option for this or some kind of mod?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
nope, there isn't, i remember there being a mod for it, but its a very early beta, and it only works in a few tracks...

·
Premium Member
18,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm, well I searched around and found a good working mod which added it. Now I can practice

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
ps
ramp up the difficulty to about 96% and set all assists to off, thats how i race, any higher and ill be crushed by the AI

·
Premium Member
18,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I only have a PS2 controller and i'm quite happy with all assists on low. I can't go completely off because my gamepad acceleration button is either on/off and is not pressure sensitive like the official PS2 controller. I don't want to map it to an analogue stick as it's just uncomfortable.

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
Alex get on The OC vent tomorow and me you, sponge and slickmeister can play on the nurburgring, but we play with all assist off, I have a sexbox 360 controller, they have wheels...

·
Premium Member
18,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hm... I want a wheel but don't have funds nor space.

I don't really play enough to justify one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts