Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Currently Im hoping to be upgrading my rig with New Case and some new Fans and after Bit of help

Current Rig:

Processor: Intel 3570K OC
Mobo: Msi Z77A-G43 Gaming
Cooling: Corsair H100i AIO CPU 4x 120MM cheapy case fans (Need Suggestions)
Storage:1 HDD 1 SSD
GPU: MSI Radeon 7850

I would like a case that will last and be able to push my system further my flat its self keeps around 25C and 35C in the summer my current temps are around 35C on cpu and about 38C in the case. My budget for this is around 200-300 GBP. i can push the budget further if needed but would like to keep in reasonable price range. Im looking to try get my tempatures down to around 25C inside the case as the graphics card seems to be producing most the heat were there poor airflow in my current case.

Thanks in Advanced

·
Registered
221 Posts
Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 could look good with your mother board and has some openings on the side for ventilation. It also has a steel carrying handle. But you might have to mount your H100i to the roof on the out side... hmm...

·
New to OCN?
26,919 Posts
Case

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-007-AE&groupid=701&catid=2331&subcat=4

Or with higher cfm
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-011-AE&groupid=701&catid=2331&subcat=1816

Obviously I donr know if you plan to use the 140 as exhaust or not but if I were you I would check with time and take high cfm fans for exhaust and low cfm for intake

For the heatsink

Akasa Viper 120,Akasa Piranha 120,Be Quiet! Shadow Wings Fan High-Speed, Corsair SP120 High Performance, Cooler Master Blade Master 120,Cooler Master Excalibur,Gelid WING 12 PL, Koolance FAN-12025HBK, Noctua NF-F12,Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-4,Swiftech Helix 120 BW, Scythe Kaze Jyuni 120 (SY1225SL12SH), Rosewill RFX 120BL,Rosewill Hyperborea 120,XSPC Xinruilian 120mm 2000 RPM.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

Case

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-007-AE&groupid=701&catid=2331&subcat=4

Or with higher cfm
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-011-AE&groupid=701&catid=2331&subcat=1816

Obviously I donr know if you plan to use the 140 as exhaust or not but if I were you I would check with time and take high cfm fans for exhaust and low cfm for intake

For the heatsink

Akasa Viper 120,Akasa Piranha 120,Be Quiet! Shadow Wings Fan High-Speed, Corsair SP120 High Performance, Cooler Master Blade Master 120,Cooler Master Excalibur,Gelid WING 12 PL, Koolance FAN-12025HBK, Noctua NF-F12,Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-4,Swiftech Helix 120 BW, Scythe Kaze Jyuni 120 (SY1225SL12SH), Rosewill RFX 120BL,Rosewill Hyperborea 120,XSPC Xinruilian 120mm 2000 RPM.
Well I'm on mobile atm so will review the list for heat sink tomorrow but I do agree the heat from my graphics card during long periods is pushing up my tempts OK say I went with your case suggestion how would you have fans set up in terms of intake and outtake positions

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well my main issue I find atm is keeping the rad cool enough it's like a boiler atm and the graphics cards heat ideally needs to be taken out rapidly. Personally I like the temp inside the case low as possible as I mention my flat can become extremely hot during the summer so whether that would affect a permanent fan plan.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well you could mod the GPUs to use all-in-one liquid cpu coolers and that would kill the heat in your case. That's what I did and it was cheaper than full system water cooling. As for case air flow set up, in through the front and bottom, out through the back and the top.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.