Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so heres the story:

i used this card for about 3 years with no problems whatsoever. last year my gf needed to store her TV at my place for a couple months so i used it in my room and took out the card. right after she took her TV back, i built my current rig and put the card back in. NOW the video quality is SHIET! watching tv now looks like a psychadelic trip after 3 bags of shrooms. the sound still works, but video quality is TERRIBLE!

ive moved it to both my PCI slots with no luck. tried installing in my roommates computer in all 3 of this PCI slots with no luck. tried 2 different coax cables with and without splitters with no luck. ive officially convinced that it is a hardware error. ive been working with ATI to try and resolve the problem but in the past 2 weeks, all ive gotten is 2 emails:

1. a link to the driver download page (DUH!)
2. made me submit an error report listing my hardware and software installed

ive heard of people having problems with ATI and Nvidia in the same rig, but i remember having this card run with my Geforce Ti 500 a couple years ago.

anyways, ive rambled on long enough. im looking for one of 2 things. any other suggestions on his to fix this POS or recommendations on a new card. i dont need HDTV or anything fancy like that. just want something to watch TV on my 17" CRT while im in my room.

right now im leaning towards the Hauppage PVR 150. ive heard of some people complaining about the picture being grainy, but other then that its gotten some good reviews.

thanks everyone. sorry for the long post, lol.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by timsvpr

It really sounds like a driver issue and not a issue with compatability or hardware.

i guess i'll try an earlier driver. ive tried a different tv software other then ATIs crappy Multimedia Center and i get the same display.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts