Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody ,

As the caption pretty much says everything . My cm storm sirus is dead . This loss is very tragic to me as currently I don't have any pair of headphones/ headsets . It was last night when my cm storm Sirus's long cable just came under one of the legs of the chair (my poor cable management) and I must be so immersed in gaming that I didn't noticed it . After a very long tiring session of gaming when I decided to take a break and go grab some bear from fridge but unfortunately as soon as I woke up from the chair ..

The cable just broke . The wire just came off (all of it) from headsets completely . It's all over with the sirus . RIP($~160).

For now I am very well just done with these gaming headsets and I regret buying them .They are just complete piece of **** . As for my personnel experience with the sirus for an approximate of two years , they were totally not worth it . The cm storm sirus was very heavy indeed and it also lacked bass , the crisp ,even upon using it with my sound card .

The Colour of the plastic casing started to fade from everywhere ,the leather of the ear cups almost wore off.
In all Not a very good pair with this gaming headsets .

As per my current possession I only have my EarPods and speakers and need some immediate recommendation .
Definitely a (headphone+mic) recommendation , and I am willing to pay anywhere around 220 bucks.

For headphones don't know much ( only heard about beyerdynamic , audio technica ) and for microphone some zalman clip on mic and boom pro .

Sorry for being so long but I really wanted to express my horrible experience with the headsets.

Any other suggestion and combination for headphones , mic would be highly appreciated
smile.gif

TIA

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

·
Registered
223 Posts
You can probably get a HyperX Cloud and call it a day.

Also, I think V-MODA Crossfade M-100 are up your alley as well if you can spend that much. You can swap out the cable, earpads and the cup covers to your liking.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigaChip View Post

You can probably get a HyperX Cloud and call it a day.

Also, I think V-MODA Crossfade M-100 are up your alley as well if you can spend that much. You can swap out the cable, earpads and the cup covers to your liking.
TY for the reply .
thumb.gif

I love the extreme customisation of the crossfade and I will definitely consider them . How about audio technica m50x and beyerdynamics ad500x .
Also , any microphone suggestion's?
smile.gif

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's some pics of the damaged headset -

·
Registered
129 Posts
Not so bad. A little sodering would fix it. You can always sell them out, some people would not mind fixing it themselves, and give it a facelift, then sell it back and make some profit. I know I did. There were times where I changed just the insides.

·
Registered
223 Posts
They definitely are banged up. You can fix then it seems but you don't like them and resale is going to be a pain I think.

I should have mentioned the V-MODA Crossfade as well. It's a step down from the M-100. They are both compatible with the V-MODA BoomPro attachment which has a mic attached to it. You can always get an external mic like a desk stand, clip on or the ModMic. Personally the BoomPro takes the cake as it's all in one granted you have a set with a replaceable cord.

The ad500x is an open back and the m50x is closed back. Sound is subjective but either will perform well.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigaChip View Post

They definitely are banged up. You can fix then it seems but you don't like them and resale is going to be a pain I think.

I should have mentioned the V-MODA Crossfade as well. It's a step down from the M-100. They are both compatible with the V-MODA BoomPro attachment which has a mic attached to it. You can always get an external mic like a desk stand, clip on or the ModMic. Personally the BoomPro takes the cake as it's all in one granted you have a set with a replaceable cord.

The ad500x is an open back and the m50x is closed back. Sound is subjective but either will perform well.
I will definitely gather more info and will get through the reviews on v moda cross fade .
I was just wondering how which one would be better m50x or ad500x . I know you told that m50 is a closed back and later being open one . But personally I don't know whether if it would apply to me as which one is open or closed as I am not an audiophile anyways .

I will basically use it for gaming with no one around me (at least for the most of the time).
PS - what do you think of combining a boom pro with ad500x and m50x . Will this be any good combo?

TIA

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After a lot of reasearch I found these headphones intersting -
AUdio technica m40x ( not m50x because all the reviews stated its the same as m40x with very minimal variations which I thought wouldn't bother to me )
Audio technica pro500 mk2
Akg k240 mk2
Sennheiser momentum

Any ideas on how any these will perform with a boom pro ?
Any one using any of these headphones with boom pro ?

Thanks

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump

1 - 10 of 10 Posts