Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When playing ROTR for more than an hour it can crash, it has several times, but its playable fine. On the last two crashes I checked event viewer and it had this to say: "Event ID 19, Corrected hardware error".

It crashes to desktop and its the only game to do so. The CPU temps on idle are 50s C and during game max 83C. Its overclocked from like 5 years ago, and I stress tested it at the time using Prime95 in the recommended way here. The high temps are unusual though, as in past it maxed at 72C but that could be because of hot climate.

Specs:

i5 3570k 4.4v (OC)

Rx 470

·
Registered
907 Posts
True test is to set to normal profile/ stock and try gaming that way. If successful you may consider its time to take off the OC as higher voltage constantly can eventually degrade cpu performance.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
907 Posts
I would be worried if those are idle temperatures. But yes a 2 hour test would be good to verify on prime95.

·
WaterCooler & Overclocker
2,591 Posts
After some time with an overclocked CPU it can start to degrade. You will need to give it a little more voltage to maintain the same overclock frequency, or you need to lower your frequency.

I'd start by going back to stock setting and see if the game still crashes. More than likely it will run fine at stock settings.

In your case I would not increase the vcore anymore because you're already running pretty warm. If the game does not crash on stock settings, I would turn the overclocked settings back on, but at the least drop your overclock from 4.4 GHz down to 4.3 GHz.

·
in da freezing hell
314 Posts
I would be worried if those are idle temperatures. But yes a 2 hour test would be good to verify on prime95.
Same. OP, your temps at idle are not good, which is likely to cause your crashes.

What cooling do you have for CPU ? Check this.

·
MOD King
229 Posts
My i5-3570k just recently degraded and I had to back it down from 4.6GHz to 4.5GHz after 6 years. It's fine now. I checked my Event Viewer and noticed I started popping WHEA errors in May this year.

Since you are also popping WHEA errors as I did you should either increase the voltage, or lower your OC. As Barefooter recommended, I'd lower your clock to 4.3GHz.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts