Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, after having the Windows C-Update rammed down my throat I have had to update Rivatuner since it was no longer compatible. I downloaded the latest version from Guru3d (a link that windows itself supplied, so I assume it is safe) however Norton tends to think the .exe is a virus. I am fairly convinced that this is a false positive so I installed it anyway. I use Riva to cap my FPS at 144 which is in line with my monitors refresh rate (helps keep a lid on my GPU temps). The only issue I have now is that where once running afterburner would automatically run Rivatuner as well, I now need to run both programs individually. Is there a way to pair the two programs so that one runs with the other, and has anyone else had any issues with their AV programs falsely reporting Rivatuner 7.0 as being malicious software? Thanks for any information in advance...

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,922 Posts
Since it's a Beta version, I would say no. Even so, I use RivaTuner Statistics Server to cap my framerates too and I just have it set to start with Windows. I don't want it to depend on Afterburner.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts