Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I did a little registry hexadecimal write. I can now undervolt at full speed! I have been trying to find out how to do this for 6 months! I feel so good.

Watch out undervolt and overclock I am dangerous.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it lowers temps under load. But it is lowering my ability to OC so I am still trying to find the balance. I don't really need substantial OC or any on my system for what I do. I do have a notebook so I have no interest in OC'ing 24-7. I like to OC CPU and GPU to say play Crysis or others.

I must admit for me this stuff is just academic, to see if I can do it. Then to decide how to use. I am not OC'd 90% of the time, just no reason. But look at my benchmarks sure this fun stuff does have benefits.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzbane View Post
I don't understand what you did

I thought you could already undervolt the highest multiplier with rmclock.
RMClock only works with integer multipliers. Say 9,10,11. If you have 8.5, 9.5, 10.5 it knocks it down to the integer. On the highest this hurts.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Egg-n yea I have seen that I did it first from someone elses post but that was where they got it from. That link and images are good. Only thing I don't get is why the last two? I only changed the last.

Tator as Egg-n's link says.

1. run regedit
2. find hkcu\\software\
ightmark\
mclock
3. find dword pstatesdata parameter and increment two last multiplier by 1 (was 6,6,7,8,9,10,11, must 6,6,7,8,9,11,12).

On mine I changed what said "09" to "0A" That was it.

Edit: The change I made was because 09 was my top multiplier. It is not the same CPU as screen shot.

·
Registered
29 Posts
OK so just to clarify I go into regedit. Then I find that file and edit the last entry from 0A to 0B (I have a 10.5 max multiplier)? Thanks for the help and tips. I'm not at all familiar with registry edits. Also, you should post this in the undervolting thread!

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes Egg-n you got it. Post in the undervolting thread sure? I think great idea if you get it working do. Or I will at some point.

·
Premium Member
8,423 Posts
I don't see the Rightmark folder in Win 7. I'm not sure that it installs correctly under 7. Any tips? (Win7 RC 64)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts