Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Blizzard reports that its game "World of Warcraft: Cataclysm" sold a record 4.7 million copies during the expansion's first month of being released.
The company said that the figures are based on internal company records and information from distribution partners.
Cataclysm shipped early December to dozens of countries and was available in advanced through retail copies for online, download-exclusive purchase.
Blizzard also called Cataclysm "the fastest-selling PC game of all time."
http://www.redorbit.com/news/scifi-gaming/1977153/new_wow_expansion_best_selling_pc_game_of_all_time/

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Really thats alot of copies ! I guess this game is like crack for some people !

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
thought they had 12 million subscribers......so like 7 million didnt care for the first month!?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razultull;11979138
thought they had 12 million subscribers......so like 7 million didnt care for the first month!?
A lot of them are from china where dumb laws don't allow Blizzard to release the games right away (Censorship, etc...).

·
Registered
477 Posts
PC gaming, alive and kicking... (PS - Also, just because you don't like it/play it doesn't make it bad/inferior/stupid/lame/)

·
Registered
697 Posts
Most people don't play WoW because it is not the "cool" game like CoD is. I play it, and it is honestly and legitly, the funnest PC game I have played to date. Yes, I have played Black Ops, MW2, BC2, etc etc. but for me, WoW has the most replay value of any game, and plus it doesn't end. With monthly patches that are the size of expansions for most other games, and expansions equaling brand new games for other series, WoW will never stop. With a constantly growing subscriber base, it will be a long time until Blizzard shuts WoW off.

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srsdude;11979124
this is just.. sad...
in what way?

going by your sig I assume you play FPS games. I could say that's sad, but I won't.

But anyway, not suprising considering WoW's huge active playerbase.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Interesting, very interesting. That's still a lot of copies
eek.gif
I do think that people should stop the WoW bashing though. They don't like it, that's fine. Of course, one is entitled to his opinion. BTW, I don't play WoW, tried the trial a while back, wasn't too bad but felt repetitive
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkybd;11979815
If i could afford it a little better id play it. I played for quite some time got a couple toons to 60's and one to 70... Oh how i miss it.. Lol.
why don't you complain about it? everyone here seems to complain when a video game cost $60. i don't understand it. you pay $60 for black ops and you could play it as long as you like, then there's wow that costs 15 dollars a month and we don't see the same crazy complaints we see here with other overpriced games.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpwnmebro;11979946
why don't you complain about it? everyone here seems to complain when a video game cost $60. i don't understand it. you pay $60 for black ops and you could play it as long as you like, then there's wow that costs 15 dollars a month and we don't see the same crazy complaints we see here with other overpriced games.
Its not overpriced if you play it a lot. Also, WoW has more than 10,000x the content that basically any FPS has, especially one like black ops.

·
OpenBSD fanatic
3,327 Posts
To the people who tried the trial and didn't like it chances are it was because you weren't playing with friends or its just not your game, I found playing with buddies instead of just soloing makes the game a lot more enjoyable. The sheer size of this game/amount of content continues to amaze me, sometimes it feels repetitive but from any mmorpg or mmog you'll get that feeling.

Anyways, looks like the sales are high like usual

·
Registered
311 Posts
Wrath of the Lich King was a terrible time for WoW IMO, but Cataclysm is pretty damn fun with a group of competent friends to do bgs with. Cata is probably the most fun I've had with this game since vanilla. But yeah, echoing some of the other statements in this thread, you definitely need friends to make this game enjoyable.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts