Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Retired Moderation
10,672 Posts
So same Kone Pure just comes in 'colors' now? That's cool for those who look for aesthetically pleasing components and / or possibly looking to match with existing components.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I'd be weary of buying anything Roccat after I bought a Kova+.

The Pixar sensor was bleh, the shape was awkward, and the mouse feet were like 3x as high as they should be, making it feel like the mouse was on stilts and it didn't glide good either. Not sure if it was cheap teflon or what.

I'd like to try a Savu but not sure if it will have similar issues, Pixar sensor aside.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I tend to switch between claw and palm grip on my Kone +, and i must say, I find myself palming it more often than not. The thumb indention in the side is so comfy to rest my thumb in, and it makes lifting it effortless.

I wouldn't say it's very ideal to claw it, simply because it's just to comfy to palm it

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ach View Post

Kone+ is also rubbish. The original Kone was fine.

ADNS-9800 has some input lag issues, doesn't it?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalbard View Post

Kone+ is also rubbish. The original Kone was fine.

ADNS-9800 has some input lag issues, doesn't it?
Thats fixed if you download latest driver and update the firmware.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Quote:

The Pixar sensor was bleh, the shape was awkward, and the mouse feet were like 3x as high as they should be, making it feel like the mouse was on stilts and it didn't glide good either. Not sure if it was cheap teflon or what.

I'd like to try a Savu but not sure if it will have similar issues, Pixar sensor aside.
Shape is subjective, but mousefeet are "normal" height compared to Kova+.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Quote:

My XTD is awesome so I can happily recommend them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Kone XTD updated through latest 1.16 driver AND firmware has never been short of flawless. The scroll wheel is so good, I go out of my way to program macros for it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wish Roccat would provide some tentative release dates, I feel like I been waiting for an eternity for this thing to come out.

Out of curiosity, has anyone with an XTD or Kone[+] been able to get the accent lighting to output white? It seems like "ice blue" is the closest people come to white in all the reviews.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIsJohnny View Post

Not with XTD or [+]. This option is only available with the Kone Pure and Isku FX i think.
Oh, I had a Savu for a while and it gave me RGB control over its light. Thought the other mice would be the same.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts