Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*Note that this thread was not created to help me choose a gaming mouse, but rather to set in stone which is actually the superior mouse*
From my knowledge these mice both sport high quality Omron switches, The G402 has 5 macro buttons while the KPM has only 2 extra buttons (Not including DPI buttons). The KPM has a well implemented 3310 sensor (which to me feels better than the Zowie EC2-A, though this could be because of my high DPI) From personal experience the G402 uses pretty cheap plastic in some areas and some others use a slightly textured plastic. This is something that is in the G502 (though it has less of it) as well as the G402. Mainly around the right and left click it has this super cheesy feeling plastic. People say that the deathadder has super cheap plastic, even though plastic can only be so good. Also I believe that the G402 and the KPM are similar weights, and that the KPM has a weight system. What are your thoughts on these two mice?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I can't say anything for either as far as ownership, but I've heard a lot of good things surrounding the kpm. G402 has a sniper button which for me is an automatic no.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why does that make it an automatic no? Its pretty out of the way for me, also you can remap the button to anything that you want. They also made it smaller than the one on the G502 and the one found on the Corsair M65.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I tried out the g502 at Best Buy some time ago and my thumb was on top of the sniper button on that mouse, so I am almost certain that on the g402 it would be the same story. Plus I just hate sniper buttons being on mice in the first place. Just a personal pet peeve even if they can be remapped.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
As someone who actually owns the G402 I can say not only is the sniper button out of the way for me, but I also have it set to another function! What a strange world we live in.

Love the G402. Great mouse.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashTV View Post

As someone who actually owns the G402 I can say not only is the sniper button out of the way for me, but I also have it set to another function! What a strange world we live in.

Love the G402. Great mouse.
thumb.gif
Good to hear

·
Registered
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keygaming View Post

*Note that this thread was not created to help me choose a gaming mouse, but rather to set in stone which is actually the superior mouse*
You'll read this time and time again on this forum, but in many cases you can't find an objectively better mouse when comparing similar mice. The KPM and G402 have different enough shapes that personally comfort alone makes it impossible to say which is better. You could definitely make arguments about build and sensor quality, but again, some people like that cheap feeling plastic you mentioned, and in my opinion the G402 has a really great sensor that tracks incredibly well, it just scares people off that its a weird hybrid frankenstein sensor.

Haven't played with the KPM, but I own a G402 and I used it as my primary mouse for a good 3 months. Great mouse.

·
Registered
206 Posts
g402 isn't bad but not that great because of that front lip that can cause discomfort to your ring finger after an extended session. roccat kpm has a terrible right side shape tho. it's got a sharp contour on the right which is really uncomfortable and not to mention that mouse is REALLY small compared to how it looks in the pics and u can't even palm or claw it comfortably
Maximiliankohler made a vid about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuuAGCS9vjo

I've used both and returned them. If I had to pick one out of these two, def g402

1 - 10 of 10 Posts