Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
13,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright with my side panal on my temps rise 9C. i need to figure out the best way to get the best air flow for my case. my rad is mounted up top and i will post pics i have tried flipping my rear fan to help push air into my case right next to my rad but it dosent help

·
Banned
13,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by anyhtinggoes View Post
Did you try to flip the radiator fans?
then it would dump the hot air into my case.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by G|F.E.A.D|Killa View Post
then it would dump the hot air into my case.
Yes it would but air is easily exhausted. The way you have it hot air is cooling your radiator. Just saying to try it.

·
Banned
13,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by XFreeRollerX View Post
Does your side panel have a fan on it?

the hot air from your GTX cards needs to be directly removed via side panel vent/fan
i have a side vent cut in. i will post a pic.

·
I Love this Hobby!
7,823 Posts
G.F.E.A.D.KILLA, I'm having the same issue. With my panel off, the temps drop in the case.

The culprit here is my 2 GPUs in SLI throwing hot air in the case.

I will be modding the side pannel by drilling a hole and four 120mm fan screw holes (with a fan grid on the outside to protect the fan) and have the fan blowing cool air directly on the video cards.

·
Banned
11,459 Posts
Quote:

damn i liked my vent lol.i should put that GPU cooler back on the case and see if it helps any.
What you need is to directly remove the hot air stream coming off your GTX's

Get all that hot air out of the way and you remove like 250Watts of hot air from your ambient temperature.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
i had mine sucking out right next to my vid card. it worked well. you have a lot of heat to get rid of because of those 260's
i also go the drive bay fan thing from lian li it helped with airflow.

·
Banned
13,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by XFreeRollerX View Post
What you need is to directly remove the hot air stream coming off your GTX's

Get all that hot air out of the way and you remove like 250Watts of hot air from your ambient temperature.
oh i forgot to mention, the 260s get really hot LOL.

·
Banned
11,459 Posts
You could make a blower style thing

have the blower fan inside the case, the side intake of the blower right infront of your cards, and it will blow the air out that rear slot you have... but that would be loud and expensive

Quote:

oh i forgot to mention, the 260s get really hot LOL.
Durka Dur? lol where is all that hot air gonna go if it cant get out? it goes back into the card to get even hotter..... thats why you have a massive temp drop by removing the side panel

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Same problem here... I replaced my side window with mesh, and temps dropped a whole bunch. my cpu idle temp went down to 30c from 35c, didn't test load yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts