Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have 5970+5870 in tri fire

Which drivers are the best for performance and stability issues, everyone seems to have mixed opinions on the different drivers, and i dont know which one would be best to use.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I'm using 10.5 for my single 5970. I get screening "jumping" with anything newer than that but i'm sure it has to do with multiple monitors.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What is so funny?

Shouldn't the newest drivers from www.amd.com be the "best?" If not, fix your issues, then, call AMD.

btw, how does such a setup work out? Is the 5870 forced to run at lower clocks to match the 5970? Or is just the performance limited as such.... or has AMD figured something else out?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by okashira
View Post

What is so funny?

Shouldn't the newest drivers from www.amd.com be the "best?" If not, fix your issues, then, call AMD.

btw, how does such a setup work out? Is the 5870 forced to run at lower clocks to match the 5970? Or is just the performance limited as such.... or has AMD figured something else out?

thats so wrong @ the first part (second part is right 5870 is forced to run at lower speeds)

i recommend 10.5 hotfix or 10.4

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lost1234 View Post
Ok i have 5970+5870 in tri fire

Which drivers are the best for performance and stability issues, everyone seems to have mixed opinions on the different drivers, and i dont know which one would be best to use.
I have a 5970+5870 and I am using a custom bios overclocked at 950/1200 in both cards, and the drivers that I am using is 10.5.
I have bever had any problem with 10.5.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ranger052 View Post
I have a 5970+5870 and I am using a custom bios overclocked at 950/1200 in both cards, and the drivers that I am using is 10.5.
I have bever had any problem with 10.5.
QTF This is from what everyone says is the most stable drivers, oh and 10.4. I personally don't use them because I have no problem with 10.9.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts