Overclock.net banner

39541 - 39560 of 46908 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hmm should I run 3466mhz 4.2 all core boost with 1.375v or 4.244ghz all core 3500mhz ram but core at 1.395v?

Both are stable inm just worrying about the cpu voltage.
That voltage is totally fine for every day use but 3466 vs 3500 you're unlikely to notice a difference in every day use. I'd prob stick with 3466 and call it a day.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Does anyone find the PBO setting ? It was under Advanced - AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\Precision Boost Overdrive Configuration, but it's not longer there, I am trying to find it everywhere with no luck, it's like they completely disabled the option, Have a ryzen 2700x obviously
Having the same problem.

Memory can run faster but it appears that Precision Boost Overdrive was eliminated.

Otherwise 6401 runs well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Having the same problem.

Memory can run faster but it appears that Precision Boost Overdrive was eliminated.
Yeah i'm probably roll back to previous bios since pbo setting is important for me, the default seems like off or something because my cpu voltage is different

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello,
can anyone have a look? It seems stable but i cant get the OC the Memory any higher without problems. Woulkd it be better to go maybe to 3000 and have tighter settings?
I'm assuming you're using Hynix-based RAM. While there may be an improvement with this BIOS, I still think there are limitations. You're likely as close to as much performance you're going to get out of it.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Yeah i'm probably roll back to previous bios since pbo setting is important for me, the default seems like off or something because my cpu voltage is different
Could anyone give me a short recommendation on how to roll back to the previous BIOS?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hmm should I run 3466mhz 4.2 all core boost with 1.375v or 4.244ghz all core 3500mhz ram but core at 1.395v?

Both are stable inm just worrying about the cpu voltage.
That voltage is totally fine for every day use but 3466 vs 3500 you're unlikely to notice a difference in every day use. I'd prob stick with 3466 and call it a day.
Hmm I see I'll probably just run it at 3500 4.225/4.25 then as I'm upgrading anyway to 3700x, and I doubt there will be noticeable degradation running that for 4-6 months.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm assuming you're using Hynix-based RAM. While there may be an improvement with this BIOS, I still think there are limitations. You're likely as close to as much performance you're going to get out of it.

Yeah, maybe you are right, but i don't want to invest a lot of money just to buy new memory. When Ryzen 3xxx will come ;)

·
Registered
501 Posts
You could try setting PE enhancer to 4 that will set pbo parameters to max.
PE enhancer 3/4 will jack up DRAM/CPU voltages considerably, should not be used 24/7

with PE3/4 CPU voltage regularly goes over 1.5V which is too much

·
Registered
14 Posts
This BIOS (and AGESA version) is really good. I'm 400% HCI stable at 3333Mhz 14-14-14-28-42-1T with 4x8GB at 1.38V. I can boot in windows with 3466, which will be my target in next few days.

I was unhappy with Asus too, but then I looked at previous released bioses. There are around 38 of them, so I cannot say for myself that Asus didn't put enough effort in this board in my perspective. A lot of credit goes to Elmor. Despite the crappy voltage readings and problems with the chip, my PC with this board never let me down. I started at 2666Mhz and in 18 months gained 667Mhz with much better timings. The price for early adopters is seen, but this platform is getting more mature each month.

I'm really looking forward to x570 boards and Ryzen 2 CPUs.

·
Registered
235 Posts
PE enhancer 3/4 will jack up DRAM/CPU voltages considerably, should not be used 24/7

with PE3/4 CPU voltage regularly goes over 1.5V which is too much
PE enhancer doesn't affect dram voltage last i checked.

With very low currents yes but as soon as you introduce load it drops down to 1.37-1.41 if you use negative offset.

·
Overclocker from Hell
401 Posts
6401 Update:

So far I'm getting 3400-14-14-14-28-42-1T Fast Timings from F4-3200C14-16GTZR.

Prior best was 3333.

I may try 3466 later.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I can boot into Windows at 3733 CL19 (previous best was 3600 CL15), however I can no longer get 3600 to be stress test stable seemingly no matter what timings I run. Nor 3466, 3400, or 3333.

3200 CL14-13-13-28-1T, however, seems solid.

Running G.SKill TridentZ 4133 memory. Will experiment more, but so far this is worse memory compatibility for true stability - despite having a much easier time posting and booting at higher clocks.
I saw similar behavior on latest bios from the CH7. My old 3533 and 3466 profiles didn't work anymore in the first place. It took me almost 2/3 weeks to understand the new approach/bios.
Im now fully stable @ 3600 Cl14+TT. Maybe my info could help you also on the CH6. I think it has something to do with latest agesa and the voltages.

Link: https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-...vii-overclocking-thread-479.html#post27759772

Note: What i now for sure is, new agesa has memory oc improvements but needs some playtime :D I can easily boot with 3800mhz+

·
Registered
235 Posts
I can boot into Windows at 3733 CL19 (previous best was 3600 CL15), however I can no longer get 3600 to be stress test stable seemingly no matter what timings I run. Nor 3466, 3400, or 3333.

3200 CL14-13-13-28-1T, however, seems solid.

Running G.SKill TridentZ 4133 memory. Will experiment more, but so far this is worse memory compatibility for true stability - despite having a much easier time posting and booting at higher clocks.
I saw similar behavior on latest bios from the CH7. My old 3533 and 3466 profiles didn't work anymore in the first place. It took me almost 2/3 weeks to understand the new approach/bios.
Im now fully stable @ 3600 Cl14+TT. Maybe my info could help you also on the CH6. I think it has something to do with latest agesa and the voltages.

Link: https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-...vii-overclocking-thread-479.html#post27759772

Note: What i now for sure is, new agesa has memory oc improvements but needs some playtime /forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif I can easily boot with 3800mhz+
You forgot that on the c6h the voltage sensors are inaccurate compared to c7h with up to 0.046mv deviance.

·
Registered
235 Posts
You forgot that on the c6h the voltage sensors are inaccurate compared to c7h with up to 0.046mv deviance.
Yeap..but Doesn't change the story /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif You can calculate the difference or try to read from probelt etc... lots of other methods /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
Hmm I always found vttddr to be best either at 1/2 ram voltage or 1/2 +1 step above.

·
RadeonMOD Author
741 Posts
Finally :D
So @elmor was right after all ;)
I told You it will be sooner or later, Late 'Now' is better than never 'someday'.

Now we need to wait for @1usmus Mod.

·
... not new ...
751 Posts
Are you only basing that on those timings and everything on Auto or are you actually using the Ryzen DRAM calculator to input the other timings?

14-13-13-28 is pretty aggressive. I can't boot at all with those timings on any BIOS version. Either you have a good kit or input a lot of other timings not mentioned.

To fully test this you NEED to input other timings. Simply selecting the preset ones or inputting those few timings and leaving everything else on Auto is not sufficient. The auto settings could have changed and now are not compatible with your RAM if this is the case.

Also voltages aren't listed. SOC, DDR, DDR Boot, etc etc. If you're going to provide feedback, please provide everything/upload your saved BIOS settings.
I spent all day working on it.

The timings I am using that work are The Stilt's Fast 3200 B-die preset. Works like a charm - 12~14 hours of stress testing the memory without an issue.

The settings I used with this memory before (all custom using the DRAM Calculator) no longer work to make 3600 stable. The 3600 preset in the BIOS also doesn't work, though it used to be fine with 3466. I pushed DRAM boot to 1.46V and DRAM to 1.45V, played with the SoC voltage (in both directions), and even underclocked the cores for good measure. Everything above 3200 would fail with this BIOS despite 6101 being able to run these same (or similar) settings.

It never became truly unstable except at 3733 where the system froze under stress testing, but AIDA64 was able to detect a failure within minutes of starting the memory-only stress test.

I played with gear down, power down, bank group swap, command rate, termination resistances, and all of the subtimings. There's no way to summarize, but I can share what is currently stable.

Attachments

39541 - 39560 of 46908 Posts