Overclock.net banner

41821 - 41840 of 45392 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Extreme users can nab it if the go to Windows 7 64-bit. Leaving the office for a bit, will see about trying it out this afternoon if no one else has yet of the C6E.

·
Registered
105 Posts
what settings do you mean, can you post the link here? thanks.
Sorry, I meant Ramad.

He asked

"I would like to Ryzen 3 owners with the C5 error code to try setting the following timings manually:

tWR: 20
tRTP: 10

tRDWR: 12
tWRRD: 6

Please try changing to these values and see if you still get the C5 error. Try also setting CLDO_VDDP to 980mV or 1000mV, I think this voltage is set to low by default."

·
Registered
376 Posts

·
Banned
393 Posts
It fixes the mouse and keyboard maybe more. I only had the 7106 BIOS on my system for maybe 5 minutes before rolling back because it killed my mouse in BIOS. My keyboard was okay though. I own Corsair for both.

I wasn't being affected by the bugs thankfuly. I use a razer mouse and Corsair k95 keyboard.

I simply copied my bios profile to my usb and reimported it after clean flash. Only took a few mins to switch it over.

·
Registered
298 Posts
You plugged in both the 24 pin power and the 8 pin power connector, correct.:)
Is there any known/documented consequence when plugging in only the 8-pin, and not the 4-pin?

·
Registered
37 Posts
How has everyones temps been with the 3700x?

I installed my 3700x last night (replacing 1700 @3.7 1.35v) and so far bios has been OK, I had extreme lag on first clear of the cmos but after just restarting (after loading into bios) its quick and fine. I managed to get to 3200mhz on my ram as per my previous setup (****ty hynix 3200 cas 16 ram) without any fuss, the only issue I am seeing is very high temps and bus struggling to stay to 100Mhz it keeps fluctuating between 99.98 and 100.01, if I set straight up XMP it drops to 99.80MHZ, only at stock with no ram changes can I achieve solid 100mhz bus anyone else experienced it?

For the temperature side my 1700 would full load max at 55C on my watercooled setup (EK block 2x240 radiators), with the 3700x im hitting 70c! Currently assuming I have done a poor mount this time round so hoping to see if anyone else had similar issues, rather not drain system again just to reapply paste if its known to be this hot now!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Probably somewhere but trust me you only need the 24 pin and the 8 pin plugged in.:)
My understanding is that is just spreads the incoming power across more leads from the PSU, once it is on the MB, it all ties together. Just allows things to run cooler since there isn't as much power being drawn through fewer wires.

·
Registered
376 Posts
How has everyones temps been with the 3700x?

I installed my 3700x last night (replacing 1700 @3.7 1.35v) and so far bios has been OK, I had extreme lag on first clear of the cmos but after just restarting (after loading into bios) its quick and fine. I managed to get to 3200mhz on my ram as per my previous setup (****ty hynix 3200 cas 16 ram) without any fuss, the only issue I am seeing is very high temps and bus struggling to stay to 100Mhz it keeps fluctuating between 99.98 and 100.01, if I set straight up XMP it drops to 99.80MHZ, only at stock with no ram changes can I achieve solid 100mhz bus anyone else experienced it?

For the temperature side my 1700 would full load max at 55C on my watercooled setup (EK block 2x240 radiators), with the 3700x im hitting 70c! Currently assuming I have done a poor mount this time round so hoping to see if anyone else had similar issues, rather not drain system again just to reapply paste if its known to be this hot now!
I just got my 3700x installed and I'll tell you it does run a lot hotter than the 1700x I had before. I have a H100i from Corsair and the fans are ramping up way more than I would like. The one thing that you can do that will help is manually assigning your vcore because the current auto setting is way to high. I have mine set at 1.3 volts currently. I might try for lower because still playing with it. I did notice though that if you go too low it affects the performance of our CPU.

·
Registered
376 Posts
My understanding is that is just spreads the incoming power across more leads from the PSU, once it is on the MB, it all ties together. Just allows things to run cooler since there isn't as much power being drawn through fewer wires.
Thanks for that excellent explanation.:) I think it does say in the owners manual that only the 24 and 8 pin are needed to power the board.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Latest Version
Version 7201
2019/07/18 10.17 MBytes
ROG CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME the BIOS 7201
Fix AN Issue the WHERE at The Mouse by Will Sometimes Freeze in at The UEFI.
Update Multi-Language String.
Fix AN Issue with The Safe Boot Button.
"The Before running at The the USB the BIOS the Flashback Tool, Please the rename at The the BIOS File (C6E .CAP) using BIOSRenamer.''

patch notes from asus.com/tw

·
Registered
376 Posts
Latest Version
Version 7201
2019/07/18 10.17 MBytes
"The Before running at The the USB the BIOS the Flashback Tool, Please the rename at The the BIOS File (C6E .CAP) using BIOSRenamer.''

Thanks for posting that here SalSoul.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Latest Version
Version 7201
2019/07/18 10.17 MBytes

SO I have this installed, and every fan connected to my motherboard stopped while in a game. HAd to hit the reset button before things over heated... I sure hope that was just some random thing and not another bug.

41821 - 41840 of 45392 Posts