Registered
671 Posts
Thanks a lot, I was looking for clean UAD drivers without stupid effects
Thanks Mate.

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
ASUS, can you please update the AUDIO driver / software for the ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO, the last update was Version 6.0.1.8746 from 2019/12/03

There has been a new release of ASUS Realtek Audio Control that looks like this https://prnt.sc/u949jl

It doesn't make sense that you keep updating ASUS ROG CPU-Z in 2020 but not something as crucial as the audio / software

EDIT: I found this, https://github.com/pal1000/Realtek-UAD-generic sucks that we have to seek 3rd party solutions, but it's better than ASUS driver/software support for SupremeFX
here is the latest UAD drivers
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117596-DRIVERS-Realtek-Audio-(UAD-Intel-2xx-3xx-4xx-amp-AMD-3xx-4xx-5xx)

• Rep+
Reactions: mito1172

·
Registered
449 Posts
Or get a DAC without having to worry about audio drivers anymore while having much better sound than any sound card

I bought this:

https://www.amazon.com/FX-Audio-Optical-Coaxial-Amplifier/dp/B072JJT7SF

works like a charm both on windows and linux (on any distro) and sounds awesome with my sennheiser headphones

I got tired of having to deal with piss poor audio drivers over the years

·
Registered
671 Posts
You use Optical out to use this DAC??

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
450 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, wondering if anyone has some tips,

I've likely got an early revision board coupled with a 2600 cpu.

Ive struggled to get my ram at anything other than 2133. Anytime* I move from 2133, or, manually apply certain settings such as soc voltage I get the 7A error.

I first thought that I had some crappy ram so went and grabbed some micron E die ballistix rated for 3200 but the problem persists.

*The thing I find really odd is sometimes I can get the board to boot at higher speeds but it often requires a really specific sequence of events to get there, i.e. bios flash, reboot, set boot voltage, reboot, apply xmp, save and apply - once into windows everything runs super awesome, tested in the test software in the latest dram calc but then on a subsequent system restart I get the same 7A leading to bios safe mode and 1.2 voltage again and the ongoing 7a saga.

It seems its auto everything in Bios or bust.

I thought better ram might fix my problem - it didnt.
Ive tried many bioses - same on newer or older ones
Ive tried applying higher voltages without changing anything else e.g. a bump to soc voltage, even this can lead to the 7A

Is it the memory controller in my 2600, or, is there a setting in the mobo I should try, or, is the mobo bad?

Im tempted to buy a 3300x but I could well end up in the same place :(

HALP!

·
RadeonMOD Author
739 Posts
Im curious if we get ZEN3 support :rolleyes:

• Rep+
Reactions: 1nterceptor

·
*AMD OC newbie*
240 Posts
From the beginning we only have 3 generations (?) or families assured, and we got that, we dont have reasons to be mad if we don't get ZEN3 support, imho.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Last 1:21 was measured in hwinfo. So basically whole info of geek3 run is on the screen. :)
You can see everything here :

·
Registered
499 Posts
Or get a DAC without having to worry about audio drivers anymore while having much better sound than any sound card

I bought this:

Amazon.com: FX Audio DAC-X6 24BIT/192 Optical/Coaxial/USB Digital Audio Amplifier DAC Decoder Black: Electronics

works like a charm both on windows and linux (on any distro) and sounds awesome with my sennheiser headphones

I got tired of having to deal with piss poor audio drivers over the years
I was listening with the Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card - yea I know ancient, but actually a great sound card as they go - on my HD6XX headphones as well as the SteelSeries Arctis Pro + GameDAC. I thought both sounded pretty good.

But after reading up on DACs and Headphone amps I decided to upgrade. I went with the SMSL SU-8 V2 DAC, and the Monolith 887 THX amplifier. Holy cow, I was blown away. The HD6XX suddenly came alive, the potential of these great cans were revealed. Just as surprising (perhaps even more so) was the Arctis Pro. Putting aside the GameDAC and plugging into the 887 totally transformed them into what sounded like a completely different class of performance that I would never have imagined they were capable of.

I won't try to describe the change in the usual "audiophile" terms, but every aspect of the sound was transformed. For me, the price of the audio upgrade has been worth every penny. Also, DAC's and amps are making great strides all the time in terms of price / performance. Companies such as SMSL, Geschelli Labs, Topping, and Schitt have new products with killer sound and surprisingly lower price points.

Considering how much time, effort, and money PC Enthusiasts put into their rigs, I think we undervalue how we actually experience them. That is with our eyes and ears - so paying attention to audio and monitors is well worth it IMOP.

·
RadeonMOD Author
739 Posts
45321 - 45340 of 45387 Posts