Overclock.net banner

45341 - 45360 of 45387 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
[QUOTE = "CarnageHimura, gönderi: 28626971, üye: 386325"]
Başından beri sadece 3 kuşak (?) Veya aileleri güvence altına aldık ve bunu anladık, ZEN desteği almazsak kızmak için nedenlerimiz yok, imho.[/QUOTE]

It was not nice to destroy this motherboard. we did not give little money. should also have support for the last serial processor.:(

·
*AMD OC newbie*
240 Posts
[QUOTE = "CarnageHimura, gönderi: 28626971, üye: 386325"]
Başından beri sadece 3 kuşak (?) Veya aileleri güvence altına aldık ve bunu anladık, ZEN desteği almazsak kızmak için nedenlerimiz yok, imho.
It was not nice to destroy this motherboard. we did not give little money. should also have support for the last serial processor.:(
[/QUOTE]

I know, I know, but I mean, they didn't play with our feelengs or something promising support for 4 generations, they promise 3 generations and they kept they word, is not like they say we are going to have 4 generations and then retracted, since de begining the promise was 3 gens, we bought our cards knowing that.

I'm sad too that my perfectly cappable board is going to be left off the party, but, hey! at least we don't have an intel MoBo that only works for one generation!

• Rep+
Reactions: Ne01 OnnA

·
Registered
8 Posts
combo PI v2 is only for 5xx series mobo's, for x370&470 you have to wait for combo PI v1 with ryzen 4000 support, it was confirmed that x470 will get that bios later, x370 is up to mobo's vendors, beta for x470 is normally suitable for x370 either

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have not given up hope that we will get support.
Its upto ASUS but AMD will sell more CPUs, this was a popular board.
If not I will keep my 3800x for as long as possible and move to gen after AM4.

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
I don't think the 4th gen. support on 300-series chipset is necessarily "up to the ODMs". It might be, but it just as well might not be.
Chipset pairing is a real thing, so AMD can definitely prevent the 4th gen. CPUs from booting up on motherboards with 300-series chipset on them, if that makes sense for whatever reason. And thats regardless what the ODMs do, since the ODMs have no power over the PSP.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't think the 4th gen. support on 300-series chipset is necessarily "up to the ODMs". It might be, but it just as well might not be.
Chipset pairing is a real thing, so AMD can definitely prevent the 4th gen. CPUs from booting up on motherboards with 300-series chipset on them, if that makes sense for whatever reason. And thats regardless what the ODMs do, since the ODMs have no power over the PSP.
But board wise, what do you think? Seems capable still?
Somebody posted a memory record here a few weeks ago at DDR4-4400 with 4 dimms populated, I wonder if that is enough...

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
But board wise, what do you think? Seems capable still?
Somebody posted a memory record here a few weeks ago at DDR4-4400 with 4 dimms populated, I wonder if that is enough...
High-end boards, such as the C6H always age better than the cheaper generic boards.
That being said, none of the initial 300-series AM4 boards are that great, compared to newer boards.
Memory design rules have changed and improved since, as has the PCIe design rules.

So even if AMD would say allow PCIe Gen. 4 operation on all of the chipsets, even the higher-end 300-series boards might not work perfectly.
C6H was a great board, but in my opinion it pretty much expired after Pinnacle Ridge (Zen+).

That being said, I'm not a fan of X570 / TRX40 chipset either, and frankly in my opinion it's the second worst chipset ever released.
A high-end enthusiast grade board with a B550 chipset on it would be nice, IMO.

·
Registered
174 Posts
High-end boards, such as the C6H always age better than the cheaper generic boards.
That being said, none of the initial 300-series AM4 boards are that great, compared to newer boards.
Memory design rules have changed and improved since, as has the PCIe design rules.

So even if AMD would say allow PCIe Gen. 4 operation on all of the chipsets, even the higher-end 300-series boards might not work perfectly.
C6H was a great board, but in my opinion it pretty much expired after Pinnacle Ridge (Zen+).

That being said, I'm not a fan of X570 / TRX40 chipset either, and frankly in my opinion it's the second worst chipset ever released.
Would you say the C6H hinders a Zen 2 CPU?

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
some cheap b550 are'nt better than c6h in terms of pcb layout and some x570 have a small ammount of ROM (same to c6h), x370 is the same to x470, so there is no technical barrier for c6h

·
Registered
2 Posts
some cheap b550 are'nt better than c6h in terms of pcb layout and some x570 have a small ammount of ROM (same to c6h), x370 is the same to x470, so there is no technical barrier for c6h
I agree!
There is no explanation for the C6h not receiving support while "weaker" mobos receive it.

·
Registered
15 Posts

I do agree with that, I like B550 too, I wonder if a crosshair apex can happen on b550 or something. I heard theres issues with x570 not mixing well with bclk, so maybe its something that they should consider. Sucks that theres no b550 board that ticks all the boxes.

postcode.
safeboot.
retry.
2dimmer.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I know, I know, but I mean, they didn't play with our feelengs or something promising support for 4 generations, they promise 3 generations and they kept they word, is not like they say we are going to have 4 generations and then retracted, since de begining the promise was 3 gens, we bought our cards knowing that.

I'm sad too that my perfectly cappable board is going to be left off the party, but, hey! at least we don't have an intel MoBo that only works for one generation!
[/QUOTE]

No, they promised support for processors to be released in 2020

·
Tinkerer
193 Posts
AMD may have made promises for AM4, but I don't recall ASUS promising support for dick. Hell, look at the current state of support. If somehow it does get "supported", I don't have any hope of it being a pain free venture on the CH6.
Ultimately ASUS don't care about us and you should probably remember that moving forwards.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Only in a sense of the lacking PCIe Gen. 4 support.
Thanks good to know. I wonder if the upcoming RTX 3000 and RX 6000 will benefit in a meaningful way from PCIe 4.0

·
Registered
8 Posts
AMD may have made promising for AM4, but I don't recall ASUS promising support for dick. Hell, look at the current state of support. If somehow it does get "supported", I don't have any hope of it being a pain free venture on the CH6.
Ultimately ASUS don't care about us and you should probably remember that moving forwards.
Asus could be only one who would like to add such support 'cause MSI said they will not do that for sure, we still have firmware updates for C6H, i'm sure about Zen3 support for C6H series, it may happen only after x470 will receive beta AGESA for Zen3, we just need some patience =)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

I want to update my config replacing my R7 1800X and GTX 1070 with a new R9 3900XT (since new Ryzen 4000 will not be available for my Crosshair VI Hero) and a new GTX 3080. Which bios should I install in order to install a "XT" CPU and at the same time activate the support for pci-e 4.0?

Furthermore in my motherboard is installed the version 7501, so probably i need to downgrade the BIOS. Is it possible?

Thanks and regards

45341 - 45360 of 45387 Posts