Overclock.net banner

45361 - 45380 of 45387 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
No one can affirm or deny that the C6H will have the ryzen 4000
If the C6H gets it, it'll be unofficial, derived from ASUS' own work on the C7H (which is essentially the same board as the C6H), and naturally X370 would be the last chipset that could get support, as the 500 series and 400 series are in line. We're last.

As we've always told people here, wait and see. There's no further answer, really. Wait and see.

If there's no Zen3 support, you could always drop in a cheap 3900x/3950x from people who will be upgrading and still have a great workstation, or you can upgrade the motherboard to a 500 series board and get a Zen3 CPU. Your choice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all,

I want to update my config replacing my R7 1800X and GTX 1070 with a new R9 3900XT (since new Ryzen 4000 will not be available for my Crosshair VI Hero) and a new GTX 3080. Which bios should I install in order to install a "XT" CPU and at the same time activate the support for pci-e 4.0?

Furthermore in my motherboard is installed the version 7501, so probably i need to downgrade the BIOS. Is it possible?

Thanks and regards
7306. just download that version, put into a FAT32 USB stick, and use bios flashback.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bios 7306 was released in August 2019, but "XT" models were released in June 2020...are you sure that those CPUs will be compatible too?

·
Registered
30 Posts
No one can affirm or deny that the C6H will have the ryzen 4000
I got response from ASUS Support only about Renoir:

Thanks for waiting. I received a response from the manufacturer:
"There is currently no such plan. If we can support it in the future, we will update it on the official website."

So, no such plan. At least for now. But i personally drop Renoir to get Vermeer support. Better in any way. Maybe ASUS think same way, since Renoir mainly for SI\OEM.

So, yeah... we need to wait and see as Dr. Vodka said.

·
Registered
8 Posts
IF they can - they will do that, so everything they need is just some support from AMD, they didn't said they won't do that =)
C7H don't have too at the moment, but x470 should get specific beta for ryzen 4000 series, that we know for sure

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi all,

I want to update my config replacing my R7 1800X and GTX 1070 with a new R9 3900XT (since new Ryzen 4000 will not be available for my Crosshair VI Hero) and a new GTX 3080. Which bios should I install in order to install a "XT" CPU and at the same time activate the support for pci-e 4.0?

Furthermore in my motherboard is installed the version 7501, so probably i need to downgrade the BIOS. Is it possible?

Thanks and regards
When you insert the R9 3900XT you'll likely get a bunch of Q-code errors. You'll have to use the reset button or remove the battery for awhile to clear all settings. PCI-e is limited to 3.0, but it doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Bios 7306 was released in August 2019, but "XT" models were released in June 2020...are you sure that those CPUs will be compatible too?
AMD, at launch, said that the XT CPUs wouldn't need a specific BIOS and would run on any BIOS that supports Ryzen 3000 CPUs.

·
Registered
791 Posts
7704 works for 3000 series. 7901 is the latest BIOS.
You made me look. So 7901 will be tried tomorrow. I don't see why a XT would be that much different than a X.
If I find a 3000 for the right prices at least I will be ready.

·
Registered
45 Posts
is there some workaround for S3 sleep issues on BIOS 7901?

i have upgraded from BIOS 7601 (S3 was working great there)
and now my machine most often will not properly resume from S3.
i have tried Global C-States disabled, enabled and auto and it didn't help.

Windows 10 1909, R7 1700, DRAM 3200MT, IF 1600MHz

·
Registered
161 Posts
is there some workaround for S3 sleep issues on BIOS 7901?

i have upgraded from BIOS 7601 (S3 was working great there)
and now my machine most often will not properly resume from S3.
i have tried Global C-States disabled, enabled and auto and it didn't help.

Windows 10 1909, R7 1700, DRAM 3200MT, IF 1600MHz
Disable sleep mode in windows?

·
Riding on the edge
3,245 Posts
@ciukacz
There is no Bios that does not contain the "Sleep Bug" in one form or another.
It's been present since day one and the best fix is to simply not use Sleep Mode.
This is nothing new sorry to say.

• Rep+
Reactions: Brko

·
Registered
791 Posts
If it goes to sleep on it's own it is a problem. But if I close all active programs and put it to sleep no problem. Bios 7901 worked the same with 7704

·
Registered
163 Posts
Does the sleep bug only affect people who overclocked their CPU? I haven't noticed it.
The sleep bug is there only if you have your fclk >1800MHz (memory >3600MHz). When you resume from sleep, fclk is set to 900MHz.. Yeah. Performance drops off a cliff. Bad for all of us with chips that can do 1866-1900MHz fclk.

Hibernation shouldn't trigger it IIRC, I should go test that.

·
Registered
791 Posts
DR Vodka maybe that does explain why sometimes it actually takes longer for it to come back from sleep than it does to just boot up. If I put it to sleep and come back in 20-30 minutes it usually does recover quicker than doing a boot.

·
Registered
45 Posts
@ciukacz
There is no Bios that does not contain the "Sleep Bug" in one form or another.
It's been present since day one and the best fix is to simply not use Sleep Mode.
This is nothing new sorry to say.
hey, it worked for me just fine for almost all BIOSes i used on this board.
sometimes i wouldn't restart/shutdown for a whole month and use S3 sleep multiple times a day.
but then again, that's with Zen1 and default Win10 timer type (does that matter?).

The sleep bug is there only if you have your fclk >1800MHz (memory >3600MHz). When you resume from sleep, fclk is set to 900MHz.. Yeah. Performance drops off a cliff. Bad for all of us with chips that can do 1866-1900MHz fclk.
maybe you're talking about a different sleep bug then. i'm still using Zen1 with 3200MT memory.
my issue with sleep is that very often resume from S3 will cause a hard lock.
monitor will not receive signal, USB peripherals will not "light up".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello need help. New CPU 3900XT + old x370 CH6 Hero. Last BIOS, 02 post code VGA Error, with old CPUs 2700x and 1600x works fine, and 3900XT works on second motherboard B450 Aorus Pro with no problem, I RMA first 3900XT after recive New still don't work with C6H. Always VGA 02 error Black screen but looks like OS boot. And Yes i'm try 3 different GPUs 2080ti, 5700XT and 5500XT. Two PSU 750W G+ and 850W P+, and different RAM, last 3 versions od BIOS, Anyone here run XT Ryzen on C6H?

45361 - 45380 of 45387 Posts