Overclock.net banner

45501 - 45513 of 45513 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts

Is there nothing the community can do? Let's just accept AMD to give Intel an edge over customers. X470 will receive Zen 3 .. X370 may well also receive Zen 3, it has everything X470 has! I invested in a top-of-the-line card and an R7 1700, betting on AMD and it does that, abandoning support for its first Zen customers! Who suffered from ram bugs, and several AGESAS! In Brazil the C6H was very expensive and I invested precisely for support until 2020 and AMD comes to limit the chipset ??? ABSURD. I can't settle for it yet ...
I cant accept it either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
many ppl will buy B550 boards 'cause they have better (or equal) VRM comparing to C6H, and MUCH better RAM overclocking, MSI even have flashback button, so older boards can't compete to new one, it will be hard to sale C6H

·
Registered
148 Posts

Is there nothing the community can do? Let's just accept AMD to give Intel an edge over customers. X470 will receive Zen 3 .. X370 may well also receive Zen 3, it has everything X470 has! I invested in a top-of-the-line card and an R7 1700, betting on AMD and it does that, abandoning support for its first Zen customers! Who suffered from ram bugs, and several AGESAS! In Brazil the C6H was very expensive and I invested precisely for support until 2020 and AMD comes to limit the chipset ??? ABSURD. I can't settle for it yet ...
AMD is not a red cross or caritas. AMD is capitalistic corporation. All that PR nonsense from Lisa, Mark and Robert about being here for customers and that AMD is user-friendly company is an utter bulls**it.
AMD had hard times with that failed experiment called Bulldozer and only thing they could rely on are their devoted buyers (in time of faildozer, l had Sandy Bridge). Thus the bulls**t story about how they care.

When Ryzen came out, they closed the gap but there was still work to do. Myself, like you guys, decided to help AMD and be early adopter, ditching perfectly good Sandy Bridge setup in favor of flagship C6H board and 1st gen Ryzen and also been thru multiple BIOS and Agesa updates and giving feedbacks to community.

Now, AMD beats Intel in everything. And now, we, the early adopters are nothing more than useless cheap assh***s who doesnt want to buy new and expensive motherboard for the latest procesor, to AMD and MBO makers. The same thing will be on AM5 socket and DDR5. Early adopters will be fu**ed in the end. So never again l will be an early adopter for AMD. Next time l buy 2nd hand merch and AMD nor MBO makers dont get a single cent from me.

AMD = Intel and vice versa. Dont be a fanboy. Listen to yourself and your wallet.

Until then, my C6H and Zen2 will be good enough for 1440P 60FPS singleplayer gaming.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Corporations aren't your friends, they aren't evil or your enemies either. You as a consumer only have a professional relationship with companies, not a personal one.

The only reason why Zen 1 was such a good deal (including motherboards) and why Zen 2 was supported on the earliest AM4 motherboards is because AMD was an underdog and they had to gain market share after losing to intel for 5+ years. You can't take that for granted, AMD is a corporation and profit oriented, they are not a charity. Don't be a fanboy, don't get emotional with companies, and just buy from the company that offers the best value.

·
Registered
69 Posts
AMD is not a red cross or caritas. AMD is capitalistic corporation. All that PR nonsense from Lisa, Mark and Robert about being here for customers and that AMD is user-friendly company is an utter bulls**it.
AMD had hard times with that failed experiment called Bulldozer and only thing they could rely on are their devoted buyers (in time of faildozer, l had Sandy Bridge). Thus the bulls**t story about how they care.

When Ryzen came out, they closed the gap but there was still work to do. Myself, like you guys, decided to help AMD and be early adopter, ditching perfectly good Sandy Bridge setup in favor of flagship C6H board and 1st gen Ryzen and also been thru multiple BIOS and Agesa updates and giving feedbacks to community.

Now, AMD beats Intel in everything. And now, we, the early adopters are nothing more than useless cheap assh***s who doesnt want to buy new and expensive motherboard for the latest procesor, to AMD and MBO makers. The same thing will be on AM5 socket and DDR5. Early adopters will be fu**ed in the end. So never again l will be an early adopter for AMD. Next time l buy 2nd hand merch and AMD nor MBO makers dont get a single cent from me.

AMD = Intel and vice versa. Dont be a fanboy. Listen to yourself and your wallet.

Until then, my C6H and Zen2 will be good enough for 1440P 60FPS singleplayer gaming.
Early adopters aren't ****ed... it's already 3 years.... It's more a question of planned obsolescence in my option.

If 5xxx is compatible with my ch6, then fine for upgrade, if not, then I'll just wait whenever. Changing mobo is too annoying.

Sent from my Oneplus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
257 Posts
if X370 won't get new Zen3 bios update then I skip the launch and I wait for better times: I have already 3950X but this 5950X is faster. I don't need it but I want and I skip it if needed. AMD lose money but mobo makers will win.

·
Registered
808 Posts
My bottom line support it or I will wait until DDR 5 matures. Therefore no ZEN 3 purchases until that happens. I can wait.
So what if the CPU has some features a 370/470 can't support? If it does do more with less at a cost efficient price?
At least you may get me to buy a CPU before DDR 5. I repeat I can wait.

Same marketing crap as in buying a 2020 vehicle.
Infotainment? Driving on I-94 is entertaining if you are paying attention to the dipshiza moves people do, when aiming the rolling the latest belchfire status symbol.
I don't buy a new one of those whenever the style status changes either.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I solved problem with Ryzen 4000/5000 support on my Crosshair VI Extreme - just sold it. For exact same price i bought it. Now i can buy both: new motherboard and new CPU.

·
Registered
148 Posts
In Russia, there are still X370-based boards in stores??? 3 and a half years old MBOs are still selling as new? Wow :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
In Russia, there are still X370-based boards in stores??? 3 and a half years old MBOs are still selling as new? Wow :)
Yep. When 3300X was out of stock around the world - we just got it. :) On today i no longer can find it. But still a lot 3500X anyway. Also Renoir PRO CPU...

So, basicly “big delay”. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Upgrated from AMD Phenom II X4 BE 955 (2011) to Zen1 on day one (2017) with this mobo and never regreted it. I do not have these application/games need additional power. The GPU is more interesting for my new upcomming HP Reverb G2 -- as replacement for the Facbook locked Oculus CV1

45501 - 45513 of 45513 Posts