Overclock.net banner

45621 - 45640 of 45835 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Now hear this, now hear this.

I have a solid info personally from a guy who runs Zen3 procesor on... wait for it... X370 GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD. It has beta BIOS with AGESA code that supports Zen3. PCI-E gen 4 is disabled. Everything is running normal and no problems whatsoever.

So, any story being pushed about "these boards are obsolete" is utter horse$**t.

Since NDA is still at place, later today or tomorrow, l will ask him to provide me CPU-Z validation and some screenshots regarding this. As soon as l get that link, will post it here. Maybe he is nit the only one. Have a feeling that many more will show later today and in days to come with that info.

Stay tuned...

·
Registered
12 Posts

I have a solid info personally from a guy who runs Zen3 procesor on... wait for it... X370 GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD. It has beta BIOS with AGESA code that supports Zen3. PCI-E gen 4 is disabled. Everything is running normal and no problems whatsoever.

So, any story being pushed about "these boards are obsolete" is utter horse$**t.

Since NDA is still at place, later today or tomorrow, l will ask him to provide me CPU-Z validation and some screenshots regarding this. As soon as l get that link, will post it here. Maybe he is nit the only one. Have a feeling that many more will show later today and in days to come with that info.

Stay tuned...
Good to know! If Asus doesn't make bios for C6H I will never buy anything from Asus again. And look, I'm a "fan" of the brand, my setup denounces me, ROG Line GPU, ROG motherboard, ROG custom PSU Cover .. everything will be changed and Asus will no longer enter here. Absurd the lack of "support" until 2020. As hope is the last one that dies, I will wait to get the 3700x, if support comes, I will go to Zen 3, the 3700x money is saved.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Good to know! If Asus doesn't make bios for C6H I will never buy anything from Asus again. And look, I'm a "fan" of the brand, my setup denounces me, ROG Line GPU, ROG motherboard, ROG custom PSU Cover .. everything will be changed and Asus will no longer enter here. Absurd the lack of "support" until 2020. As hope is the last one that dies, I will wait to get the 3700x, if support comes, I will go to Zen 3, the 3700x money is saved.
It is indeed very poor of AMD and every manufacturer to leave the very top tier x370 boards in the dark.

I fully understand why the entire 300 lineup is a bad idea but The very top tier? CH6 and the likes?

That's like if Mercedes decided not to update old cars for some reason and then someone would ask "-but hey maybe you should at least update your AMG line" and the answer would be no.

That's crazy politics. Expensive gear should get special treatment.

·
Registered
89 Posts
It is indeed very poor of AMD and every manufacturer to leave the very top tier x370 boards in the dark.

I fully understand why the entire 300 lineup is a bad idea but The very top tier? CH6 and the likes?

That's like if Mercedes decided not to update old cars for some reason and then someone would ask "-but hey maybe you should at least update your AMG line" and the answer would be no.

I agree wholeheartily. The CH6 is still a premium board. Very poor practice from AMD to block X370 chipsets when it would still work.

·
Registered
272 Posts

Stay tuned...
Wow. That settles it then. No more Asus brand.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Stay tuned...
Maybe he's using X470 beta bios

·
Registered
8 Posts
AMD released XT-models 2020 which means they have, also socket support isn't the same as chipset support

But yes, AFAIK X370 is the exact same silicon as X470 ...
This is what's wrong though mate. AMD never said anything about chipsets. It only spoke about socket, specifically AM4. That's what it promised. AM4 support through 2020. This means that whatever CPU it releases, the AM4 m/board you buy should support it to the timeframe AMD gave.
AMD said through 2020. Zen3 is 2020. It doesn't support the chipset. Who cares? it's the socket AMD promised.

·
Enthusiast
7 Posts
Would possibly buy a Zen3 for my CH6 but isnt their a new socket coming after this so may as well wait another year for new socket?
That’s my thoughts as well. I’d buy a 5800X if my C6H would support it. But if I need to buy a new mobo at this point, it makes more sense to just wait another year for a board with the new socket that would have greater future support instead of a dead end X570 board with no future upgrade path.

• Rep+
Reactions: roco_smith

·
Registered
59 Posts

Stay tuned...
Please do update us. Can't buy a Zen 3 processor right now from where I am anyway.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Please do update us. Can't buy a Zen 3 processor right now from where I am anyway.
I sent a link of this thread to the man himself. He will talk to us here, soon :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Benchmarks are amazing. Amazing work in 3 and 1/2 years by AMD.

·
Registered
24 Posts
X370 Giga boards have the worst VRM ever, but this is Gigabyte, capable board, and ASUS is not LOOOOL

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hoping for a Beta Bios... Not really hyped by B550 boards:/

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hate to talk about leaving my trusty CH6, but perhaps in 2021 the 5900X and ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero will be too hard to resist. I already know for sure I'll finally be updating my Asus Strix GTX 970, the compelling performance delta to the new cards from nvidia and (we will be finding out shortly) Radeon RX 6000 "Big Navi" graphics cards will be a no brainer once supply issues stabilize.

• Rep+
Reactions: joro14

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hate to talk about leaving my trusty CH6, but perhaps in 2021 the 5900X and ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero will be too hard to resist. I already know for sure I'll finally be updating my Asus Strix GTX 970, the compelling performance delta to the new cards from nvidia and (we will be finding out shortly) Radeon RX 6000 "Big Navi" graphics cards will be a no brainer once supply issues stabilize.
Why tho? will only have 12months on that board before new socket leaves you in the dust, not sure what chip your running now but would get a cheap 3000 series from all the people upgrading to 5000 series, then get new socket and i would expect another 3 year lifecycle with that end of 2021.

·
Registered
12 Posts

I agree! The C6H is a very good card, superior to many others! With the reviews of Ryzen 5000 the desire to have one increased, they are incredible! But AMD's policy of promising support for AM4 until 2020 and now limiting the chipset was ridiculous.

·
Registered
87 Posts
In that sense here's my plan:
  • Bios for 5XXX on X370 > Upgrade CPU
  • Else keep PCIE4.0 compatible bios & 3900X until new socket

·
Registered
184 Posts
On the Asrock thread, another A320 board running a 5000 series CPU.

Yeah, if Gigabyte and Asrock already have 5000 series CPUs running in their 300 series boards, that's a clear competitive advantage over the rest of the manufacturers. Everyone will have to follow suit :)

45621 - 45640 of 45835 Posts