Overclock.net banner

46821 - 46840 of 46927 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
but I wonder what Agesa is on this bios.
1.1.0.0 patch D
don't use XMP with DRAM OC if you have it, only manual OC with safe values, board can't increase voltage for DRAM, so DRAM OC is limited, use clear cmos button if you go too high with that. We mostly interested in CPU OC, since Asrock bios is capable to make it without significant limitations (other than PBO2\CO of course).

·
Registered
12 Posts
1.1.0.0 patch D
don't use XMP with DRAM OC if you have it, only manual OC with safe values, board can't increase voltage for DRAM, so DRAM OC is limited, use clear cmos button if you go too high with that. We mostly interested in CPU OC, since Asrock bios is capable to make it without significant limitations (other than PBO2\CO of course).
Yep, it's running alright, I'm very very sad that I can't ram OC anymore and honestly I'll probably leave it on Jedec specs, any other bios I could try that has better ram OC?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm very very sad that I can't ram OC anymore
you can, depending on RAM stick, mine can reach same performance as with original bios, i can OC them to 3200mhz without problems, try to set 3200 and leave timings by default, then try to boot and stress it with Testmem5
Asrock bios doesn't "like" low CL timing, so i have 18-18-18-36 instead of 16-18-18-36, other than that - no difference vs original Asus bios

any other bios I could try that has better ram OC?
nope, other supported bioses have no access to DRAM voltage control as well

Asrock have best performance across Zen3 compatible bioses

·
Registered
12 Posts
does it run with Zen3 CPU? we need max overclock results with Zen3 (and then CPU-Z and Cinebench R20 scores), you can use Ryzen Master or Clock Tuner for Ryzen 2.0 to boost performance
I'm running my 5900x with the b450 pro4 bios, I could run it at 5ghz but that's only across a single core and it's very very unstable, I could try to tune PBO from bios since I already have some settings...

Motherboards limits; clock override +50mhz makes the cpu hit 5ghz very briefly

I'm going to try undervolting it next, hope it goes well too since I don't have Curve Optimizer.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm running my 5900x with the b450 pro4 bios, I could run it at 5ghz but that's only across a single core and it's very very unstable, I could try to tune PBO from bios since I already have some settings...
try with software and manually via bios
what's the highest MHZ score with all core boost? (with 100% stability). CPu-Z and Cinebench R20 scores are necessary

I'm going to try undervolting it next, hope it goes well too since I don't have Curve Optimizer.
yep, Zen3 like undervolting OC 'cause default values from factory are too high
another thing - asrock bios have no fan control, so you have to set max performance for your cooling system, manually, for all fans available (if possible)

have you tried DRAM OC? try to increase speed without voltage, it may work with some memory sticks

for the reference, C8H max all core boost (5900x) ~ 4500-4700mhz, Cinebench R20 - 8800-9300 multiscore.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can C6H run zen3 with b450 pro4 BIOS? :eek:

Can C6H extreme also run with that BIOS? If possible, I would also like to test zen3 with my C6H Extreme

·
Registered
278 Posts
Can C6H run zen3 with b450 pro4 BIOS?
of course it can, it runs and feels faster than original bios, very fast initialization boot process

Can C6H extreme also run with that BIOS? If possible, I would also like to test zen3 with my C6H Extreme
i don't have C6E but i think it should run with that bios too, probably any old Asus board can do that

·
Registered
688 Posts
FYI

I am talking about that since i had my crosshair VI: USB hickups

USB issues on B550/X570 Motherboards
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kbr6zl

Same issues..... Since 4 years.

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
FYI

I am talking about that since i had my crosshair VI: USB hickups

USB issues on B550/X570 Motherboards
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kbr6zl

Same issues..... Since 4 years.

Do you have this issue on crosshair VI?? Never had a problem like this. Everything is perfectly smooth on my system

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well it was fun to try zen 3 on x370, or "b450" if you will, but I really do miss good ram overclocking, so I think I'll revert the bios and put in my 3600 and keep it as a secondary system. I really, REALLY hope Asus release a zen 3 bios for the C6H, that would be amazing since this board is amazing hardware and feature wise.

As far as testing, I couldn't do much other than stock, it really didn't want to save any settings but I might be doing something wrong.

Cb r23 scores about the same as my b550-a pro, but ram overclocking on this bios sucks because of no vdimm control.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So how well does the b450 bios work on the C6H? Thinking of picking up a 5600x to tide me over till zen4 comes out but I don't want to get a new motherboard since they're abandoning the socket. I've got a C6E so I assume it will run similar to how the C6H runs.

·
Registered
278 Posts
So how well does the b450 bios work on the C6H?
in terms of CPU performance there is no difference with other middle-range boards, it have voltage control, it can overclock CPU (just not at extreme level), the only downside is poor DRAM OC, but we haven't better bios for that. At least Zen3 is supported by now.
waiting for agesa 1200 update for asrock, it should provide more performance boost

·
Registered
4 Posts
in terms of CPU performance there is no difference with other middle-range boards, it have voltage control, it can overclock CPU (just not at extreme level), the only downside is poor DRAM OC, but we haven't better bios for that. At least Zen3 is supported by now.
waiting for agesa 1200 update for asrock, it should provide more performance boost
I don't really care about DRAM OC, especially since Zen3 doesn't seem to care nearly as much about ram speed as my 1800x does so I'd be fine just leaving the ram at its stock settings. Sounds like I'll be upgrading to Zen3. This is also the last Asus motherboard I buy. I had an x370 Taichi and changed to this really kicking myself for doing it now.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Do you have this issue on crosshair VI?? Never had a problem like this. Everything is perfectly smooth on my system
Yeah go back to the early stages of this thread

46821 - 46840 of 46927 Posts