Overclock.net banner

46921 - 46930 of 46930 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
For everyone who is complaining at asus for lack of support I get it to a point... However upon the 1st gen ryzen release AMD had always stated they only planned to support 3 generations on the 3xx boards... they did that and you know what, it was great for that time - I am indiferent to ASUS for not supporting the c6h, on one hand the board did what it was supposed to do and minus the RAM support early on (but thats not just asus) the board has been rock solid so I cant fault them there - on the other hand I cant exactly praise them as it has been shown its possible to run the 5000 series on it and would of put asus in a lot of peoples good books if they had added official support.

At the end of the day this was more down to AMD so yes I wouldnt go recommending ASUS to everyone out there but also wouldnt go bashing them too much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For everyone who is complaining at asus for lack of support I get it to a point... However upon the 1st gen ryzen release AMD had always stated they only planned to support 3 generations on the 3xx boards... they did that and you know what, it was great for that time - I am indiferent to ASUS for not supporting the c6h, on one hand the board did what it was supposed to do and minus the RAM support early on (but thats not just asus) the board has been rock solid so I cant fault them there - on the other hand I cant exactly praise them as it has been shown its possible to run the 5000 series on it and would of put asus in a lot of peoples good books if they had added official support.

At the end of the day this was more down to AMD so yes I wouldnt go recommending ASUS to everyone out there but also wouldnt go bashing them too much.
Personally, after the whole experience i got with Asus [bad driver support (Asus D2X), horrible horrible software support (Aura sync, Claymore Armoury II and eventually Armoury Crate) and even more arrogant/smug/unprofessional forum moderators attitude) i will never buy Asus again or suggest the company's products to anyone. I thought Creative had really bad support. Asus seems to have topped them.

I've been using Asus for years on (i'm typing this from my Asus laptop now) and its products are great. What's far from great is its after sales support. And being at an age where i DO give a damn about it (support), the Asus products i own will be the last products i'll ever own again from them. It's a personal thing and it all depends how much you can stand such an attitude. There are some (myself included) who can't anymore.

·
Registered
279 Posts
only planned to support 3 generations on the 3xx boards...
Zen1, Zen2, and Zen3, right? :ROFLMAO:
AMD promised "no Zen2 support" for a320 chipset motherboards, but all ODM's made a bios anyway :rolleyes:
Asrock made bioses for x\b\a300series with Zen3 support
the problem is not what they promised, problem is the fact they lying all the time, including statement about 16mb bios, while some x570 and b550 boards have 16mb bios, many x470\b450 have 16mb bios and they all got support for Zen3
how can we trust them after all?

·
Registered
468 Posts
This might be a hated response by a good amount of people but when I bought my Crosshair VI Hero originally I knew not to expect 100% support on new features 4 years later.. I bought a x370 then bought a x570. Girlfriend now how my ancient Crosshair VI hero and I now use my Impact VIII.
wrong idea. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Zen1, Zen2, and Zen3, right? :ROFLMAO:
AMD promised "no Zen2 support" for a320 chipset motherboards, but all ODM's made a bios anyway :rolleyes:
Asrock made bioses for x\b\a300series with Zen3 support
the problem is not what they promised, problem is the fact they lying all the time, including statement about 16mb bios, while some x570 and b550 boards have 16mb bios, many x470\b450 have 16mb bios and they all got support for Zen3
how can we trust them after all?
AFAIK 5xx series boards dont support gen 1? so take that code out and replace with gen 4 support - they dont need to support gen 5 as that will be a new sockdet? so why add more than 16mb?

Personally, after the whole experience i got with Asus [bad driver support (Asus D2X), horrible horrible software support (Aura sync, Claymore Armoury II and eventually Armoury Crate) and even more arrogant/smug/unprofessional forum moderators attitude) i will never buy Asus again or suggest the company's products to anyone. I thought Creative had really bad support. Asus seems to have topped them.

I've been using Asus for years on (i'm typing this from my Asus laptop now) and its products are great. What's far from great is its after sales support. And being at an age where i DO give a damn about it (support), the Asus products i own will be the last products i'll ever own again from them. It's a personal thing and it all depends how much you can stand such an attitude. There are some (myself included) who can't anymore.
I suppose its who you know at this point, I havent used their forums much so cant comment on that, however I did have an ASUS GTX 580 back in the day, it had gone once before but on the last day of my warranty for it, it went again, from the previous time it had gone I had a contact at ASUS UK RMA - emailed that person and got a response asking for reciept on the same day, next day I got the RMA request accepted and they replaced the card (as it had gone EOL and no stock of that card they gave me a slight upgrade), no fuss. I have known other companies to make excuses being on the last day of the warrenty. For that reason I have recommended them in the past over other brands - but I have also heard a lot of people complain (especially here) about the forums and after sales support so I would probably put them more in the average catagory nowerdays.

However I would agree on their software... its below average... but I have never used it anyway, their AIsuite was crap but I just saw that as extra free stuff, core functionalty didnt change

·
Registered
38 Posts
AFAIK 5xx series boards dont support gen 1? so take that code out and replace with gen 4 support - they dont need to support gen 5 as that will be a new sockdet? so why add more than 16mb?
Ironically my B550 TUF board supports gen1 ryzen up to Zen3 while my beefier c6e is stuck with zen2. So the whole 300 series board can’t run Zen3 is a big BS.

·
Registered
279 Posts
AFAIK 5xx series boards dont support gen 1?
they do, x570 have such support, x470 and b450 either, some b550 boards (msi, asus) have it too (unofficially though)

so why add more than 16mb?
AMD said that mobo's need 32mb for Zen3 support, that's why they won't add zen3 support to x370 lmao

anyway i'm waiting for Asrock b450 agesa 1.2.0.0 update, that may give this board 2nd life, SAM w\Zen2&3, PBO2, CO, bug fixes and everything for good Zen3 OC, 'cause C6H is absolutely capable to run this CPU's even with good overclock (just not extreme) results

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have registered after reading a lot in the shade a greeting to all
So which bios asrock b450 is correct?
asrock b 450 pro 4?
or asrock b450 pro 4 r2.0?
I guess the latest version right?
i want to get ryzen 5000 in the future

46921 - 46930 of 46930 Posts