Overclock.net banner

47001 - 47020 of 47222 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
oh lord , you really pull the trigger in this one, do you now if this bios will work also for my CH6E and Ryzen 3900X? how about RGB , is still working on this Bios ? reading all previous post I really like to give a shot
should work, if not you can use Biostar bios with agesa 1.1.0.0, it have working SAM with Zen2 as well
RGB control is not working for both

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been following this thread since it started. I was one of those guys with a stack of boxes in 2017, with everything except a motherboard. I got a CH6 from the second or 3rd batch, it shipped with the 1st working BIOS, not the one that everyone was bricking trying to flash. Asus lied to all of us about supporting it through 2020, even if it was just by a few months and they did it for no justifiable reason. We all know they could easily make a BIOS supporting the Zen3 series for the ch6. After reading some of the lies and arrogant things the mods over in the official Asus forms were saying. I decided never to buy from Asus again. I ended up ordering a Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro for my 5600x after watching Buildzoid over at GN praising it and then finding one on the cheap from Amazon warehouse. I have a couple of words for Asus, but I don't want to get banned from here on my 1st post so I'll refrain, but I'm sure you guys can figure them out.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Providing support for this board is not dead yet, I don't think ASUS would let zen 3 support slip behind the USB fix, but hey one can dream.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Providing support for this board is not dead yet, I don't think ASUS would let zen 3 support slip behind the USB fix, but hey one can dream.
They probably wouldn't, but if the AGESA is the same as a board that does support zen 3, it probably wouldn't be hard to modify the bios with microcode for the newer CPUs.

·
Registered
72 Posts
They rightfully should release one LAST single Beta BIOS that has the latest AGESA, support for latest CPU, Resize BAR, and last but not least the USB fix. Only one could dream, right?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I just ordered an Asrock B550 Steel Legend to repalce the C6H. It was on sale for 110€ so I could not resist. I will keep my 3700X for a while longer though and only upgrade to Zen3 when prices become more reasonable. Would have loved to keep the C6H going as I never had any issues with it except of the promised support that just didnt happen. Thanks for everyone here helping out with questions, sadly it seems there is no community here for the B550 Steel Legend =(

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
By using vpn, got an actual page.
Changelog: Improve system performance and compatibility

·
Registered
219 Posts

Oh well, same old AGESA v1. No Vermeer microcode, and we still have Bristol Ridge in there taking up precious space.

This should be a bug fixed 7901 then. Let's see if we still have the fclk reset on sleep resume bug... I'll go upgrade and test. Be right back.

-------------------------------------------

After updating BIOS got this. How to the God sake is possible to have PCI-E 4.0 on this board if it`s not official supported????
That is just CPU-z showing what the hardware is theoretically capable of.

You have a 3900x, it supports PCIe 4.0, so CPU-z shows that. Someone with a 1xxx or 2xxx CPU would see PCIe 3.0 in there.

Motherboard is not validated for PCIe 4.0 support, so it all stays at 3.0 protocol.

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
See it's funny because they are still working on the BIOS and this proves it, but yet they couldn't just add in the 5000 support, the Resize Bar. Is this the USB fix??? Of course it really doesn't say much about what it is. I thought the USB fix was AGESA specific?

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Finally a new BIOS for c6h after a long time, but what they are trying to fix? As the sleep bug is still exist and no ZEN3 support as well in this version.

Or it is for the intermittent USB connectivity issue :unsure:

47001 - 47020 of 47222 Posts