Overclock.net banner

47041 - 47060 of 47218 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here is the BETA BIOS for the Crosshair VI Extreme C6E, I found it on the Taiwan rog website BIOS 8002
ROG CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME | ROG Crosshair | 電競 主機板|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG 台灣

ROG CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME BIOS 8002
"Improve system performance and compatibility
Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (C6E.CAP) using BIOSRenamer."

·
Registered
329 Posts
Did anyone already checked the structure of the 8002, same as 7901? What I mean here are the modules. It seems that ASUS is still developing BIOS updates for the C6H.
same structure, typical agesa 1.0.0.6, +1 PEIM , DRV and SMM modules, all related to each other, and using for:
AmdSpiRomProtectDxE, which is SPI flash protection module against flashing mod's

ahaha Asus, F*** YOU :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

"Improve system performance and compatibility " - bullshit liars :LOL:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just flashed 8002 for C6E and the 1st thing I get is a "USB device not recognized", in the system tray and then a BSOD - "Critical Structure Corruption" Wow

·
Registered
72 Posts
that's improved system performance and compatibility :ROFLMAO:
If they have put in SPI flash protection does that now mean Im stuck on 8002 and cannot roll back to 7901 ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just had 2 more BSOD "paged pool in non paged area" and another that was so quick to reboot all I got was the word "kernel" this was running my RAM at DOCP 3200 Mhz, back to 7901 for me, and no more bullshit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 5800X and flashed the ASRock B450 Pro4 4.50 BIOS on my Crosshair VI and so far I'm pretty pleased with the result. Performance is great.

XMP isn't really working so far, it's activated in BIOS and shows the correct memory speed and voltage but booting into Ubuntu it still shows the stock voltage and memory clock speed. I might try manually overclocking the RAM, maybe I can get it work that way

Also, the center PCI-e 16x is not working, at least it won't recognize my NVMe adapter. Top and bottom slots work fine.

Might try the Biostar BIOS next but judging by the experience of others here it seems like that would only make things worse.

Thanks for all the testing and the spreadsheet showing the tested BIOS versions!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yes, I cleared CMOS multiple times (holding button for atleast 30s), remove battery for 10 min, reflashed different version of BIOS multiple times. I also tried with todays release of BIOS 8002, same thing. I cant get reliable boot to BIOS or Windows. 90% of time board is stuck on q code 31, sometimes 8. Can boot to BIOS only if i insist of spamming safe boot and retry restart buttons.
Try the Asrock B450 Pro4 R2.0 AGESA 1.2.0.0 BIOS, maybe it works. XT parts should work with the C6H's stock BIOS, but still. Give that a try as a last resort...

same structure, typical agesa 1.0.0.6, +1 PEIM , DRV and SMM modules, all related to each other, and using for:
AmdSpiRomProtectDxE, which is SPI flash protection module against flashing mod's

ahaha Asus, F*** YOU :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

"Improve system performance and compatibility " - bullshit liars :LOL:
Yes, it's quite a big F*** YOU to the entire userbase. Not one bug got solved in this "release", not even that. If this had the USB fix, it'd be explicitly stated in the changelog as they did for the rest of the boards that got AGESA V2 1.2.0.1A

So, you found a difference between this and 7901 and it amounts to a SPI flash protection module??

If so, that's even more of a F*** YOU, especially to all of us doing the crossflashing experiments.

If I were to get a 5xxx series CPU and I'm already on 8002, I'd have to flashback to 7901, and then I'd be able to use afugan to flash either Biostar or Asrock BIOS as usual, right?

·
Registered
224 Posts
At the moment only AGESA 1.1.0.0 works with CH6+ZEN3. Do not use 1.2.0.0, it wont boot.

See the crossflash database:

·
Registered
20 Posts
haven't flashed 8002 yet but it looks like PBO Fmax enhancer was added and I noticed that the max temperature for fan curves is now 100C instead of 75C like it was before which is nice for me and others who rely on the uefi for fan control

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just had 2 more BSOD "paged pool in non paged area" and another that was so quick to reboot all I got was the word "kernel" this was running my RAM at DOCP 3200 Mhz, back to 7901 for me, and no more bullshit.
I had weird errors upon loading 8002 when I loaded the cmo file I saved from 7901. A reset to defaults, reboot, and then manually changing all the settings fixed everything for me, no problems, running the same mem and CPU overclock as I was on 7901.

haven't flashed 8002 yet but it looks like PBO Fmax enhancer was added and I noticed that the max temperature for fan curves is now 100C instead of 75C like it was before which is nice for me and others who rely on the uefi for fan control
I asked Asus to allow us to set the max temperature above 75c back in January 2019, as well as asking for several other errors to be fixed in the next BIOS. Of course, in usual Asus fashion, I was repeatedly told I needed to RMA the board.
Well, it only took them over 2 years, but at least one of my request has been taken care of. Bit late for me, I already purchased fan controllers to remedy the issue. Wonder how many years it will take for them to fix the actual errors in the BIOS. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
and then I'd be able to use afugan to flash either Biostar or Asrock BIOS as usual, right?
i didn't check how protection works for crossflashed bios, i just know that module prevents flashing modded Asus bios and it really works, so i recommend to go back to 7901, and then flash Asrock 4.50 bios
unfortunately agesa 1.2.0.0 won't boot with this motherboard when Zen3 CPU installed, neither Asrock or Biostar (though i didn't check all biostar models, just GTA only). Same error for both - 4d, looks like problems with newest SMU or maybe there is protection from using agesa with x370 chipset

XMP isn't really working so far, it's activated in BIOS and shows the correct memory speed and voltage but booting into Ubuntu it still shows the stock voltage and memory clock speed. I might try manually overclocking the RAM, maybe I can get it work that way
depends on memory sticks, in my case it works, superIO doesn't work so it always shows stock voltage dram value but that doesn't mean that value is real, use probelt point on mobo to check

Might try the Biostar BIOS next but judging by the experience of others here it seems like that would only make things worse.
Biostar is better in terms of compatibility for XMP, all usb's, slots, etc works fine, fan control works too (at least via software). but it slower in performance and boot time, and you can't control any voltage setting via bios (only software, except dram voltage which is not available at all)

·
Registered
200 Posts
i didn't check how protection works for crossflashed bios, i just know that module prevents flashing modded Asus bios and it really works, so i recommend to go back to 7901, and then flash Asrock 4.50 bios
unfortunately agesa 1.2.0.0 won't boot with this motherboard when Zen3 CPU installed, neither Asrock or Biostar (though i didn't check all biostar models, just GTA only). Same error for both - 4d, looks like problems with newest SMU or maybe there is protection from using agesa with x370 chipset

depends on memory sticks, in my case it works, superIO doesn't work so it always shows stock voltage dram value but that doesn't mean that value is real, use probelt point on mobo to check

Biostar is better in terms of compatibility for XMP, all usb's, slots, etc works fine, fan control works too (at least via software). but it slower in performance and boot time, and you can't control any voltage setting via bios (only software, except dram voltage which is not available at all)
So, recapping, with biostar 1.1.0.0 bios flareX would work at their xmp and 1.35v instead of 1.2v despite dram voltage report? (I remember someone saying that they would just get 1.2v not reading xmp at all, but I could be wrong)
And all with ryzen master working and controllable fans?

·
Registered
329 Posts
So, recapping, with biostar 1.1.0.0 bios flareX would work at their xmp and 1.35v instead of 1.2v despite dram voltage report? (I remember someone saying that they would just get 1.2v not reading xmp at all, but I could be wrong)
no idea, it's individual thing, depending on ram sticks, but there is no correct data from IO so it's impossible to know what dram voltage really is, only via probelt points on mobo. I've just noticed that Biostar is more easy to go with XMP, more profiles supported. But if not then it's not a problem to put manual settings for DRAM (except voltage), voltages seems to be controlled by auto in this case

And all with ryzen master working and controllable fans?
there is no dram voltage control, but all fan's headers control supported (system and cpu), better use software tool "Fan Control" and create settings and curve for fans, headers controlled via PWM so all functions supported for 4pin fan's.

·
Registered
219 Posts
You're right. They've added PBO fmax enhancer. One good thing, at least!

It did wonders for my friend's 3950x, it started boosting like crazy while using less voltage in PBO mode. It really woke it up.

I've always wanted to try this feature on my 3900x! I'm seeing similar results here on a quick test:

~3% increase in single core speed (~545-550 -> 564.5) with the entirety of CCX0 hitting 4650MHz / 4560MHz effective without issues
~+4% in multi thread speed (all cores at ~4275-4300MHz in this specific case, score went up from ~8250-8300 points depending on how cold it is)

This is while keeping the stock PPT TDC EDC values (142w 95A 140A). No instability so far. I'm not seeing 1.5v peaks logged anymore, SVI2 TFN voltage sensor tops out at ~1.47v which is a good thing. I'll check how it behaves with an undervolt.

On normal usage (web browsing, vscode, opening stuff, etc) I'm seeing ALL of CCD0 (CCX0 and CCX1) hit 4650MHz which it didn't do before, and CCD1 peaking at ~4400-4425MHz on the best cores, 4350MHz on the rest. Not bad! This thing now behaves like a 3900XT.

Well, they give us this and fan control tweaks, but then add a SPI flash protection module and keep years long bugs unfixed. One step forward and one backwards I guess.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Here is the BETA BIOS for the Crosshair VI Extreme C6E, I found it on the Taiwan rog website BIOS 8002
ROG CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME | ROG Crosshair | 電競 主機板|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG 台灣

ROG CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME BIOS 8002
"Improve system performance and compatibility
Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (C6E.CAP) using BIOSRenamer."

Thanks, is already in the Asus global site

·
Registered
31 Posts
47041 - 47060 of 47218 Posts