Overclock.net banner
47341 - 47360 of 47453 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Does the OC panel have any interactive funtionality or it is used just for monitoring?
I use it for safeboot button :D
It does allow to change cpu multiplier and vcore. Other modes never tested or not working, e.g. bclk not working.

·
Hardware Enthusiast
131 Posts
Anyone send their motherboard in for warranty repair recently, preferably in Europe? What were your options?

·
Registered
149 Posts
If I remember correctly, my CH VI has 7403 bios right now. Does anyone remember if I need to flash an older bios to run Ryzen 1700x on this board?

·
Riding on the edge
3,278 Posts
If I remember correctly, my CH VI has 7403 bios right now. Does anyone remember if I need to flash an older bios to run Ryzen 1700x on this board?
It can be HW dependent or user choice for stability but you should be fine where your at.
I still run a 2700x and am currently on 7601 by choice.
Others here run the latest with gen 1
You'll have to run/test and see what you have to start out with and this should show you a path if one is necessary.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It can be HW dependent or user choice for stability but you should be fine where your at.
I still run a 2700x and am currently on 7601 by choice.
Others here run the latest with gen 1
You'll have to run/test and see what you have to start out with and this should show you a path if one is necessary.
Thanks. I just didn't remember if I need to flash an older bios to run 1st gen Ryzen in that board. I am going to rock that board in my office pc soon :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi, what software is this that you used to get the stats for your CPU?

Hear is the page for BIOS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO | ROG Crosshair | Gaming Motherboards|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG USA
7704, works on mine but the 3000s do not work my board. it is stable with 1000s. Never tried a 2000.
I have one of the early boards that have a controller chip on it, that has issues with 3000s. 7901 and 8002 runs bad with any Ryzen on my board.
You need the BIOS utilities on this page ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO | ROG Crosshair | Gaming Motherboards|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG USA
I used a USB in the bios setup and let it run from there and went back to 7704 because windows was not working good with 7901 and 8002.
I tried using a 3800X on it. Most of those CH6 with the revised controller work fine with any of the 7704 BIOS and later.
Interesting. I've never heard of this in regard to the controller chip. I've got a 2700X in my C6H, but did plan to put a 3xxx series CPU in when I can get something for a decent price later on second hand. How do I know/find out if mine has the revised controller chip?

I don't know , maybe I got the right memory model for this kind of Build, testing Windows 11 now and is even better now
Is it worth trying Windows 11? Do all the Win 10 drivers work OK on it? I was thinking of trying it on my newest setup which is an X570 MB, 3900X CPU.

Would Windows 11 even install on my C6H setup (2700X and 32GB G. Skill Flare X based system) without doing any tweaks?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi, what software is this that you used to get the stats for your CPU?

Interesting. I've never heard of this in regard to the controller chip. I've got a 2700X in my C6H, but did plan to put a 3xxx series CPU in when I can get something for a decent price later on second hand. How do I know/find out if mine has the revised controller chip?

Is it worth trying Windows 11? Do all the Win 10 drivers work OK on it? I was thinking of trying it on my newest setup which is an X570 MB, 3900X CPU.

Would Windows 11 even install on my C6H setup (2700X and 32GB G. Skill Flare X based system) without doing any tweaks?
Windows 11 should install easily on the CH6. I have it installed on far older CPU and Mobo combos. I wouldn't use it for anything production wise but for toying with, it should be no issue and all drivers should install without issue. It will automatically install all the drivers at least on my older systems it did. My older systems are ASrock 970 Pro3 R2.0 with AMD 1090T and ASRock N68C-GS4 FX with AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+. Of course I had to do the Registry Entries to get past the checks TPM2 etc. ;) I have them both in the Preview channel and they get auto updated upon each release as well.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Windows 11 should install easily on the CH6. I have it installed on far older CPU and Mobo combos. I wouldn't use it for anything production wise but for toying with, it should be no issue and all drivers should install without issue. It will automatically install all the drivers at least on my older systems it did. My older systems are ASrock 970 Pro3 R2.0 with AMD 1090T and ASRock N68C-GS4 FX with AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+.
Thanks. Good to know.

Of course I had to do the Registry Entries to get past the checks TPM2 etc. ;) I have them both in the Preview channel and they get auto updated upon each release as well.
This is actually what I was asking when I mentioned tweaks. Do you have a link or something that tells me what do with the registry entries and the TPM checks?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks. Good to know.

This is actually what I was asking when I mentioned tweaks. Do you have a link or something that tells me what do with the registry entries and the TPM checks?
Well you should be able to use just your BIOS with the CH6. It has TPM2 with processors auto, look for ftpm in BIOS I think and enable Secure Boot. This will then allow it to let's say legally work without any modifications to Registry etc. How to bypass the Windows 11 TPM 2.0 requirement - this link gives the way you can while installing bypass or if you already have Windows 10 on your system you can easily edit the registry with just those pieces from link and then add PC to Preview Builds and have it just download and update via Windows Update. That's how I did my 2 PC. Microsoft did say once they officially release 11, there may be no way to bypass the requirements, but to my knowledge the CH6 is compatible anyway due to processors and secure boot. I even think, worse case, you could put a TPM2 chip on your motherboard. Those can be ordered on Amazon. Just be sure to get right one. Sorry I don't know which one is proper. ;)

Quick Reference for Registry Key stuff only:
  • To launch the editor, type regedit.exe in Command Prompt.
  • Create a new key “LabConfig” under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup.
  • To do this, right-click on the Setup key and select New > Key.
  • Type LabConfig and press enter.
  • Right-click on the LabConfig key.
  • Select New > DWORD (32-bit) value.
  • Create two values: BypassTPMCheck and BypassSecureBootCheck. Set their DWORD32 value to 1.
  • Press enter.
  • Close the Registry Editor.
Those steps above are exactly what I did on my Windows 10 systems that were already in Preview Build (Beta) that were failing to install 11. Once those were added to registry then just clicking on Windows Update allowed 11 to install without issue. ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sold my C6E. Temporary using B550 DS3H. Miss a lot of stuff. But at least boards works, not like 4 year old garbage.

• Rep+
Reactions: CentroX and Brko

·
Registered
92 Posts
I read today that a new BIOS may be coming soon for properly configuring and using the fTPM for all x370 motherboards. Keep your fingers crossed they add a few other goodies to it. We'll never see new processor support but possibly other features they've yet to add. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Has anyone ever suffered with a Crosshair VI Hero not working nvme??
This drug was bought years ago but I've never used an nvme, when I have some money left and I invest in it, it seems that the motherboard came defective and doesn't work!
I've already tested the nvme on a friend's Aouros X470, it plugged in and it worked! Here it crashes on the boot screen, does not exit, does not enter the bios, after performing a configuration in the bios following this link: Asus crosshair vi hero NVMe SSD Not working
taking out all the satas, clear cmos in the bios, I tested the last 3 bios, and the most I could was to start a windows installation but nvme is not detected.
Did I get a defective board and I'm just finding out now?? I even tested a friend's Ryzen just to see if it would change anything :S
I recorded my sadness

·
Registered
92 Posts
Has anyone ever suffered with a Crosshair VI Hero not working nvme??
This drug was bought years ago but I've never used an nvme, when I have some money left and I invest in it, it seems that the motherboard came defective and doesn't work!
I've already tested the nvme on a friend's Aouros X470, it plugged in and it worked! Here it crashes on the boot screen, does not exit, does not enter the bios, after performing a configuration in the bios following this link: Asus crosshair vi hero NVMe SSD Not working
taking out all the satas, clear cmos in the bios, I tested the last 3 bios, and the most I could was to start a windows installation but nvme is not detected.
Did I get a defective board and I'm just finding out now?? I even tested a friend's Ryzen just to see if it would change anything :S
I recorded my sadness
Wasn't there something about if you use NVME and have your GPU in the first slot? Try moving your GPU to the next slot down and try it again.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i have GPU in 1st slot and nvme drive, no problem
Same here, no issues. I didn't have to move my GPU to another slot after installng a NVMe x4 drive.

Only problem so far is my R9 290 will only work at x8 width lately. Reseating the card gets it back to x16 (2.0 or 3.0) but then it degrades back to x8 after a while. Cleaned both the first PCIe slot and the GPU's connector with electronics contact cleaner, got the golden contacts back to their nice brand new shine, made no difference in the end.

Card is probably starting to fail I guess, it will be 7 years old by the end of this year and AMD has already made it legacy, lol

Just hold on a little longer until the GPU market gets back to normal...

47341 - 47360 of 47453 Posts