Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 12220 Posts

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Crosshair VII

Crosshair VII is here, and plenty of feedback from OCN has made it into the product. It's not revolutionary, but there are a lot of small little tweaks that in the end makes a big difference.

Key highlights:

- CPU/SOC VRM reconfigured to 10+2 and upgraded to IR3555 Power Stages. Additionally the SOC phases are placed between the CPU phases for lower temperatures.

- Supports Asynchronous eCLK mode, which allows you to overclock the CPU reference clock independently from Fabric/DRAM and PCI-E.

- Performance Enhancer option can increase or disable XFR power and current limits allowing you to boost higher and longer. Together with reference clock adjustments this means you can get up to ~4.5 GHz in single threaded loads and 4.2-4.3 GHz in multi threaded. @The Stilt is the original author of this function.

- Much improved voltage monitoring both in software and at ProbeIt points with differential sensing for CPU Core Voltage, CPU SOC Voltage, DRAM Voltage and EPS12V.

- Stealth mode which easily disables Aura and on-board LEDs completely, including the power button and Q-Code display.

For further details, check the attached PDF brief. Or ask in the thread :p

BIOS

Latest releases available here: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/jkoxu4r003qu7/Release

C7H/WIFI BIOS 0601

- First release on OCN

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lyc7if2402j4203/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VII-HERO-ASUS-0601.zip sha256 d0d54fe84bf4cacc6cce5abbb071f83166ab4a4ada3d97749632cde1aa50b1e6
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dhf3sqmbg4sh3pj/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VII-HERO-WIFI-ASUS-0601.zip sha256 28bbc18cf2ec9166feb3776eaffee1d4c17f02e59d11f542bb6568071e1011fb

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nice !

Hopefully this thread will be as productive and usefull as the C6H thread is :)

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Here I am waiting for gifts to test out :) If it comes first ill test how my 1700x is on C7H since no cips till 29th of march on silicone lottery :(

·
Registered
150 Posts
So now, we can spam it and double post every single day, no matter what so we can get Crosshair VIII Hero in a year, top 8 spammers :D ?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
@elmor I had a read of PDF file. Some fantastic things upgraded/fixed !!!! XFR finally will be working like I wanted it to on Zen 1 for WoW in 3D player like myself 1 core going that high is EPIC. As it basically runs on 1 core and many games need 1 core when on 3d due to how software is :/

OO ace You been playing around with der8auer :)

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
Super excited i bought this board now that i see the performance enhancer feature along with ref clock overclocking. Hopefully balanced mode works right since it appears that that is required for performance enhancer.

·
⤷ αC
11,240 Posts
@ zGunBLADEz , the VRM is (more) solid this time so we'll see how it all pans out.

When you compare it against the CH VI Extreme it looks like a bargain.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
@ zGunBLADEz , the VRM is (more) solid this time so we'll see how it all pans out.

When you compare it against the CH VI Extreme it looks like a bargain.
I have tried different mobos as good the vrm is in the CHVI to my eyes its a total dissapointment. My B350-I Strix walks all over her honestly speaking with less.
Vrm is not even a issue pushing 1.45v+ on that one.

Im also waiting answers on the Strix Z370-G from asus as well.

Somebody has to call them out.

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
I don't know why everyone is upset. I just received my board. Obviously i haven't had it long, but it seems like a fantastic board.

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
@elmor I haven't got my 2700X yet, but i've got my 1700 in my CH VII. So just asking about the performance enhancer for when i get my 2700x tomorrow. Should i use the windows ryzen balanced, or just balanced?

Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
^
Congrats, Think it will be a great board if you have to get on the train now.

Not a board to necessarily upgrade to from C6H as Elmor himself honestly says: "It's not revolutionary, but there are a lot of small little tweaks that in the end makes a big difference."

Overall I expect C7H to be a really nice board. And I do seen many small improvements which overall make the experience better.

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
^
Congrats, Think it will be a great board if you have to get on the train now.

Not a board to necessarily upgrade to from C6H as Elmor himself honestly says: "It's not revolutionary, but there are a lot of small little tweaks that in the end makes a big difference."

Overall I expect C7H to be a really nice board. And I do seen many small improvements which overall make the experience better.
Thanks. My x370 board was the Prime Pro, but i had a potato 1700 which only went to 3.8. With performance enhancer i should see a nice boost all around if i can force a nice 4.1Ghz all core boost.

·
Registered
530 Posts
@elmor I had a read of PDF file. Some fantastic things upgraded/fixed !!!! XFR finally will be working like I wanted it to on Zen 1 for WoW in 3D player like myself 1 core going that high is EPIC. As it basically runs on 1 core and many games need 1 core when on 3d due to how software is :/

OO ace You been playing around with der8auer :)

https://youtu.be/ogYess5WelY

You might have to teach me to eclk overclock never done it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
i think lots of reviews need to be revisiting the "Performance Enhancer" function.
Have You not noticed most so called Reviewers got less idea how to test Hardware than most of us here. All they do quick multi increse no memory overclocking and thats about it...
Its like giving thema ferrari and for Test drive they go Tesco to pick up some pepsi instead goign track or b road :(

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Have You not noticed most so called Reviewers got less idea how to test Hardware than most of us here. All they do quick multi increse no memory overclocking and thats about it...
Its like giving thema ferrari and for Test drive they go Tesco to pick up some pepsi instead goign track or b road :(
it is really hard for reviewers to know everything in advance without insiders information , like the new xfr2.0+pbo settings.
not to mention most of them are extremely time limited on testing new product like new ryzen this time.
no offense, even on c7h wifi, there are few earlier bios versions that dont even support performance echance option. at least what i was told is that the 0207 version of c7h wifi was the latest one (before nda) and will be using on the first wave of retails versison.

not less idea, but not enought time and support.
elmor makes the latest bios but not all asus over the world get the same one at the same time, lots of delay...
without elmor clarification on his highlights pdf, we still know **** about the proper oc method on new ryzen on new x470 before nda.

·
Registered
743 Posts
i know with first generation ryzen with my 1800x i needed to run soc around 1.1-1.15v's on the soc, but with ryzen+ now having 2933 officially supported, can i just leave soc voltage on auto for my 2700x or do i need to bump it up? right now on auto its running at ~0.900v's (gskill - samsung single rank).

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
i know with first generation ryzen with my 1800x i needed to run soc around 1.1-1.15v's on the soc, but with ryzen+ now having 2933 officially supported, can i just leave soc voltage on auto for my 2700x or do i need to bump it up? right now on auto its running at ~0.900v's (gskill - samsung single rank).
I thought 1.1v was default on X470. In any event i'd still run 1.1v, maybe 1.0v.

1 - 20 of 12220 Posts