Overclock.net banner

181 - 200 of 12710 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
No I'm not using CorsAir link. I did use it on my first Ryzen build, but had so many problems with the USB driver I just gave up.

My AIO is a CorsAir 110i GT where I changed the fans to two Noctua PWM fans. Yes, I have adjusted fan curve in BIOS.

I have the same aio pretty much with two noctua fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
514 Posts
The current kit I I can tweak fine except if I can one setting wrong(not sure which) the wifi / bluetooth/network card die. If i am lucky I can reset and they come back to life other wise it requires flashing the bios to get them back. IDK maybe I am doing it wrong last time I tinkered this much was when I owned an Athlon T-bird with a a 1 pound copper heatsink and vantex tornado fans 8D Maybe it is an early bios issue xfingers

Why do the wifi/bt card die easily?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well I had a random shutdown, when attempting to reboot it hung at 3E q code now i am stuck with no network as both do not show up in windows.

Anyone have an idea?

Edit: flashing bios 0207 got the network cards going again.....

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
Well I had a random shutdown, when attempting to reboot it hung at 3E q code now i am stuck with no network as both do not show up in windows.

Anyone have an idea?
Did you have to pull your power cable to push the power button back on, or did it just turn back on?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you have to pull your power cable to push the power button back on, or did it just turn back on?
Pulling the cord did not work(3 times waited on mobo lights to go out), I kept rebooting it too see where it hung same code each time 3E - Post-Memory PCH intialization is started
ax860i did not show a short I got it to boot after remembering seeing a safe boot button lucky it booted after pressing it.

After it booted I still did not have network or wifi thankfully i downloaded every bios from the asus site going back to 0207 got the wifi back so far back too 0401.

·
Registered
533 Posts
@Shiftstealth @StevePete have had no shutdowns since I reinstalled windows let me tell you the things I’ve done differently.

Made sure Ssd power cables were fit nice and snug, reinstall windows, declined Grid Asus software install. Did not install any Asus software. Did not install Corsair link<- I feel like this might be the culprit. So far so good don’t want to jinx it but if I don’t get any more shut downs we can assume my issue was software based

·
Registered
93 Posts
@Shiftstealth @StevePete have had no shutdowns since I reinstalled windows let me tell you the things I’ve done differently.

Made sure Ssd power cables were fit nice and snug, reinstall windows, declined Grid Asus software install. Did not install any Asus software. Did not install Corsair link<- I feel like this might be the culprit. So far so good don’t want to jinx it but if I don’t get any more shut downs we can assume my issue was software based

I cross my fingers for you :) I find it weird that the installation of the Asus Grid software is defined in the BIOS.

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts

I'm fairly certain at this point the issue was my case. When i had my PC in the case the old PSU would just shut off, probably for protection, and the new one would start spinning excessively loud when i was playing wow. I was also getting driver crashes, and stuttering in WOW. I then put my old X370 Prime Pro in the case, and it wouldn't boot. USB over current it said even though i had no USB devices plugged in, or even my case front panel anymore. So i decided to set up my rig naked on my glass desk. It has been pretty much stable since then. I did have 2 BSOD's but they seem to be related to me opening HWINFO. When i opened HWINFO i got memory management BSOD's so i'm testing my memory now. It's at 500%, and no errors. So i think HWINFO just caused some issues. Furthermore my new PSU no longer spins up excessively loud. What concerns me is that there are some markings on the back of the mobo now, presumably from the short. It looks like water marks, but its probably from the short as i don't think my NZXT Kraken was leaking. In any event though, i am on the stock cooler now, and it seems fine.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
I'm fairly certain at this point the issue was my case. When i had my PC in the case the old PSU would just shut off, probably for protection, and the new one would start spinning excessively loud when i was playing wow. I was also getting driver crashes, and stuttering in WOW. I then put my old X370 Prime Pro in the case, and it wouldn't boot. USB over current it said even though i had no USB devices plugged in, or even my case front panel anymore. So i decided to set up my rig naked on my glass desk. It has been pretty much stable since then. I did have 2 BSOD's but they seem to be related to me opening HWINFO. When i opened HWINFO i got memory management BSOD's so i'm testing my memory now. It's at 500%, and no errors. So i think HWINFO just caused some issues. Furthermore my new PSU no longer spins up excessively loud. What concerns me is that there are some markings on the back of the mobo now, presumably from the short. It looks like water marks, but its probably from the short as i don't think my NZXT Kraken was leaking. In any event though, i am on the stock cooler now, and it seems fine.
Did you see where it is was shorting in the case?

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
Did you see where it is was shorting in the case?
No idea. I just put the case in storage, and i'm so frustrated i don't want to touch it. I mean, i feel like it could have been the Kraken since there are some marks pushing out from the mounting holes on the back of the mobo. But the front is completely fine. So i can't think it was the kraken. It was vertical, and i feel like it would have ran down the front, and onto the video card as well. So i feel like the marks on the back of the mobo are from ESD. It wasn't shorting my X370 Prime Pro the day before i put the CH VII in. So i don't know what i could have moved in the case that would have shorted it. I ended up ordering a Corsair Carbide Air 540 since it's a plastic case mostly.

The Phanteks Evolv i had was basically just a sheet of metal.

·
Registered
533 Posts
No idea. I just put the case in storage, and i'm so frustrated i don't want to touch it. I mean, i feel like it could have been the Kraken since there are some marks pushing out from the mounting holes on the back of the mobo. But the front is completely fine. So i can't think it was the kraken. It was vertical, and i feel like it would have ran down the front, and onto the video card as well. So i feel like the marks on the back of the mobo are from ESD. It wasn't shorting my X370 Prime Pro the day before i put the CH VII in. So i don't know what i could have moved in the case that would have shorted it. I ended up ordering a Corsair Carbide Air 540 since it's a plastic case mostly.

The Phanteks Evolv i had was basically just a sheet of metal.

Ironically I have a phanteks enthoo luxe tempered glass I don’t think my shut downs were due to shortage though I wasn’t having any driver issues or usb issues it would just completely power down for no apparent reason. I’m going on like 10 hours right now with no shut off so I’m praying. Trying to figure out a problem like that would make me lose my mind I would literally rma every piece of my system.

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
Ironically I have a phanteks enthoo luxe tempered glass I don’t think my shut downs were due to shortage though I wasn’t having any driver issues or usb issues it would just completely power down for no apparent reason. I’m going on like 10 hours right now with no shut off so I’m praying. Trying to figure out a problem like that would make me lose my mind I would literally rma every piece of my system.

When you're in windows what is displayed on your Q-Code? Idk if its normal, but since its out in the open for me to look at it just shows d3. Not sure if this represents any kind of issue, or not.

·
Registered
533 Posts

I haven’t had any problem booting and even attempted before I reinstalled windows I left my pc ON an entire night but loaded onto the bios no shut down. The next day load into windows played around a bit boom shutdown. So somewhere there either Corsair link or new grid Asus software possibly a loose ssd cable causes my issue

·
Registered
533 Posts
When you're in windows what is displayed on your Q-Code? Idk if its normal, but since its out in the open for me to look at it just shows d3. Not sure if this represents any kind of issue, or not.

I’ll check tomorrow as I’d get my head chopped off if pay even more attention to the system instead of the wifey

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #195 (Edited)
The same thing started happening to me. I can reproduce it on bios 0509 by changing the fan profiles in AI Suite 3. If I switch to any of the fan profiles, my system shuts down. This is with system at stock, with the exception of RAM which is running at it's XMP profile - 3200 CL14.

Just updated to 0601 this morning. I'll give it another test later tonight to see if the problem remains.
Your system powers off exactly like mine with the default pulsing lights and the flipping of the psu. What is your cooling solution? I was able to get it to shut down once while running fan tuner when I hit stop on it but I’m not able to replicate it again so not sure if it was pure coincidence or not.

Steps i've taken to Attempt fix on shut down issue.

Step 1 Reseated all cables and connections to make sure it wasn't a cable
Step 2 Disconnect SSD From psu/Sata to verify it wasn't that cable
Step 3 The step i'm currently on reinstalled windows left all fans on auto, did not download corsair link have an eerie feeling about this being it since it reads temp at 90+, set ram to 3200 CL 16 manually, Set offset voltage to -0.0500 so far so good will continue to test.

Bios Version 0601

Trying to find the reason this is happening. A basic system with AiSuite 3 installed doesn't show this issue. Seems like you all are using Corsair Link? Or similar software from NZXT?

edit: Installed Corsair Link, then as soon as I changed the Fan Profile in AiSuite the board shuts down.

I suggest you refrain from using any of those software (remove either AiSuite or others) until we've solved this.

Really - it would help everyone, not least Elmor, to put all your components down in the sig, make for much faster problem solving! Just click on Tools>QuickLinks>Edit Signature above - took me ages to work out how to do it!

I'm happy to help whenever I can - you should never be afraid to ask, thats what this is here for!

Lol, too much hardware around here for debugging.

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
Trying to find the reason this is happening. A basic system with AiSuite 3 installed doesn't show this issue. Seems like you all are using Corsair Link? Or similar software from NZXT?

Lol, too much hardware around here for debugging.

@elmor is it normal for the board to display the d3 Q-code when in windows?

Thanks!

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
@elmor is it normal for the board to display the d3 Q-code when in windows?

Thanks!
Newegg just agreed to cross-ship me a replacement for my CH VII since it appears to have electrical damage from the short on the back. Major, major props to newegg. I think the new one works fine now, but since it shut down a few times i just don't trust it.

·
Realist
376 Posts
Where is the Performance Enhancer in BIOS 0601? I can't seem to find it.
Scratch that the BIOS didn't flash properly, what do we need to name the .CAP file for flash back on this board? C7H seems to not work.

On another note I also can't seem to hit the same memory overclock that I could on my C6H with dual rank Hynix M-die.. I thought 1DPC was meant to be easier with this board.
Works the same after flashing 0601, nevermind.
Barely works, doesn't like cold boots. 3066 seems to work flawlessly though.

·
HWiNFO Author
1,237 Posts
If you're still getting a BSOD when running HWiNFO, enable Debug Mode and after reboot post the HWiNFO Debug File created. I will have a look at that.

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
If you're still getting a BSOD when running HWiNFO, enable Debug Mode and after reboot post the HWiNFO Debug File created. I will have a look at that.
I'll give that a whirl, and let you know if i have anymore crashes.

Thanks!

181 - 200 of 12710 Posts