Overclock.net banner
2081 - 2100 of 13284 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Okey I checked everything, forget the Tctl thing, there is a 10c-12c difference between aida64 stress and primetest so It confused me a bit when I run them differently with hwinfo.

My cpu with primetest sits on 67c nicely.

But I guess ill have to remove aida64 from my system, crap :( as my rainmeter addons are all run with it.

Thanks a lot btw , love the community here.

·
Computer Enthusiast
2,930 Posts
You are running hwinfo only, that does not cause the issue.

I was wrong about aura , its the aida64 causes it alone.
It's good practise to not run more than one monitoring program at once, but Corsair Link definitely causes problems. See the start of this thread.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's good practise to not run more than one monitoring program at once, but Corsair Link definitely causes problems. See the start of this thread.

is there a way to increase the 75c Tdie treshold? I have bf1 and hunt showdown hit those temps sometimes and it cause my fans to spin to 100%.

I forgot about that lol.

·
Mmmm donuts.....
637 Posts
is there a way to increase the 75c Tdie treshold? I have bf1 and hunt showdown hit those temps sometimes and it cause my fans to spin to 100%.

I forgot about that lol.
If you're reading tdie thats TCTL of 95°C and yea i wouldn't want to get close to that. But temp readings are always weird even with ryzen 2. The way i do it is i have miskew or wtv its called set to enable (even though its enabled on auto, does not seem to work) and i get the temps I should be getting under tctl. I don't use tdie as that ends up reading below ambient.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you're reading tdie thats TCTL of 95°C and yea i wouldn't want to get close to that. But temp readings are always weird even with ryzen 2. The way i do it is i have miskew or wtv its called set to enable (even though its enabled on auto, does not seem to work) and i get the temps I should be getting under tctl. I don't use tdie as that ends up reading below ambient.

my TCTL is 10c above my Tdie which is 88c in aida64 stress and 76c in primetest.

I am just trying to fix the 100% fans boost atm, forget aida64 lol ill just uninstall it and try to modify my rainmeter to suit hwinfo or some other program.

anyone know away to set the threshold higher? I cant enable DC on my gpu fans btw because then they will be loud.

·
Meddling user
7,423 Posts
Yea i think I'd notice if my max bclk was 121mhz in hwinfo lol. I didn't even reinstall windows so its still the same hwinfo version i had on my c6. I did have that manually set to 100mhz so that might be why it never fluctuated but I'm not bothered by it.
There could have been a time you did not have SW monitoring active so never saw BCLK swing.

It does not matter if you manually set BCLK or use [Auto].

As stated before the CPU does not have hardware for software to accurately read back BCLK.

So no matter what you setup in UEFI, SW monitoring will have BCLK swing unless SW does not periodically poll it.

·
Mmmm donuts.....
637 Posts
There could have been a time you did not have SW monitoring active so never saw BCLK swing.

It does not matter if you manually set BCLK or use [Auto].

As stated before the CPU does not have hardware for software to accurately read back BCLK.

So no matter what you setup in UEFI, SW monitoring will have BCLK swing unless SW does not periodically poll it.
Yea considering i ran it for 12hrs a day without resetting it, i did not see it at all on my C6 i can atest to that for sure. I don't need to lie either it just never ever happened on my C6. Attached a pic of when i ran a memtest, that was running for over an hr and didn't have the issue, on the c7 i can run it for 10mins while playing a game and it'll go to like 120-121mhz.

P.S. I have never changed a single setting in hwinfo until i just checked your c7 guide and changed periodic polling. Before that nothing has ever been changed in the settings.

Attachments

·
Registered
919 Posts
Is there any reason to get a Crosshair besides overclocking? I think so:

The thing I like the most about the CH7 is all the USB ports. 11 on the rear. ports 2.0 to gen 3.1 type C and more internal more, just more. I use one of them to charge my cell phone.
Flare ram just works on it. Kinda like it was designed for it?
Compared the CH6 to a b350, the 350 can almost do the same things the CH6 does. The Ch6/7 does without you having to fiddle with CH6/7.
Seems kinda silly, but a enthusiast board that gives you a head start over a B350? or a B450? I bet the CH7 will deliver the same thing and will still the be a stable board. It has no problem with a 9% overclock running all day, stressed, with the stock cooler on a 1600 in the 64-65C. I would pretty much expect the same thing out of a 2700.
Also the VRMs run cooler. The audio is better,
That means if you have 1080 Ti or 2 running or a Vega or 2, you have board that can handle the wattage (heat) and still have the vid cards doing their # crunch thing
It puts out a pretty light show, but that is not what I got for. Just wanted something will still be good enough for a 4700 or whatever it gets called in 2020.
I am a non wifi guy also because there are 60 wifi systems within 100 meters. CAT 5 is all I need and just works better.
The biggest difference between the x470-F, I can see is the number of usb and sata points.
So yeah it does make sense to use it as workstation or even as a small office server board.

·
Meddling user
7,423 Posts
my TCTL is 10c above my Tdie which is 88c in aida64 stress and 76c in primetest.

I am just trying to fix the 100% fans boost atm, forget aida64 lol ill just uninstall it and try to modify my rainmeter to suit hwinfo or some other program.

anyone know away to set the threshold higher? I cant enable DC on my gpu fans btw because then they will be loud.
Personally I wouldn't suggest you use Sense MI Skew as stated by another member. If it is enabled and you were to change 1.8V PLL it will skew temps further. Again tested/seen by my multiple members on Ryzen+C6H.

Your TCTL/TDIE difference is as it should be.

As stated before if the jumps to >70C are sporadic then use the fan smoothing option. You will see it in UEFI per fan header, I use 3.8s.

Yea considering i ran it for 12hrs a day without resetting it, i did not see it at all on my C6 i can atest to that for sure. I don't need to lie either it just never ever happened on my C6. Attached a pic of when i ran a memtest, that was running for over an hr and didn't have the issue, on the c7 i can run it for 10mins while playing a game and it'll go to like 120-121mhz.

P.S. I have never changed a single setting in hwinfo until i just checked your c7 guide and changed periodic polling. Before that nothing has ever been changed in the settings.
I never suggested or stated you are lying.

Have you considered that as other methods are employed so SW monitoring has BCLK reading that the variation between HW/HW combo could lead to some having their HW exhibit issue more than others? I have seen this a few times not just on Ryzen but on Intel CPUs which don't have HW for BCLK read back.

I'm now going to stop posting on this subject.

·
DRAM Obsessor
1,034 Posts
Ive run my D5 on both the c6 and now the c7. I run it in DC mode and not PWM as i like to keep it at speed without it going up and down. I've not had any issues with my pump turning off or ramping up and down (although for some reason both boards don't seem to read the RPM of the pump so i can't see it in hwinfo). It's possible it's a pwm problem, have you guys tried setting it to DC mode and just running em at constant speed?

Do you use any software like aida64 or corsair link or hwinfo? those things cause fans and pumps to stop spinning because the sensor chip goes nutz, its on official forum of asus, lots of people have it and its something that is on all boards.

I put my fans on dc aswell but I can not switch off the 75c 100% crap as thats a function that cant be changed, people complain on the asus forum about that too but not one dev responds about it over there.

This is me running my pc in cold weather, what will happen once I start playing in hot summer when its 30-40c over here ? though I will be using ac but you get my point 😕

This is a high end board that is mainly built to overclock but you cant even change 75c threshold that is totally safe to run 24/7, I find it unacceptable I have to hear my fans spin like crazy and unable to run aida64 to see my computer information.
Never had a single problem like you are desc I bing and I run all of those programs. So apparently doesn’t affect all CH7.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Personally I wouldn't suggest you use Sense MI Skew as stated by another member. If it is enabled and you were to change 1.8V PLL it will skew temps further. Again tested/seen by my multiple members on Ryzen+C6H.

Your TCTL/TDIE difference is as it should be.

As stated before if the jumps to >70C are sporadic then use the fan smoothing option. You will see it in UEFI per fan header, I use 3.8s.

I never suggested or stated you are lying.

Have you considered that as other methods are employed so SW monitoring has BCLK reading that the variation between HW/HW combo could lead to some having their HW exhibit issue more than others? I have seen this a few times not just on Ryzen but on Intel CPUs which don't have HW for BCLK read back.

I'm now going to stop posting on this subject.

Thanks the fan smoothing helped, I put it at 200+ sec lol because my fans are 5k rpmg and last thing I want is for fans to run that high.

·
DRAM Obsessor
1,034 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
I would like to report a bug.

Once activated, windows Bitlocker complaints the hardware has changed when you shutdown and start the computer again, requiring you to introduce the very long encryption key by hand.

It doesn't happen on simple reboots. Only overnight shutdowns

·
Overclocker
7,058 Posts

·
DRAM Obsessor
1,034 Posts
Then ill send my mobo to replacement for being faulty.
No need as there is a fix on its way as mentioned before over and over again.

Here is the thread from Aida64:https://forums.aida64.com/topic/398...-crosshair-vi-hero/?tab=comments&_fromLogin=1
There is also a fix for the conflicts HWiNFO had with Corsair Link and other software in the newest update so everyone should get that if you don’t have it. I think it was the random shutdown bug.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks the fan smoothing helped, I put it at 200+ sec lol because my fans are 5k rpmg and last thing I want is for fans to run that high.
You really want to delay your fans 3 and 1/3 minutes? I guess it's different with watercooling, but I would still hesistate..

It's normal that Tclt is 10C higher than Tdie, perhaps to account for the sudden 10C+ jumps in temperatures that are normal with the 2700X. I'm not sure, but I might have seen a BIOS option for setting the cpu thermal limit... but I doubt it would be a good idea to change it.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
No need as there is a fix on its way as mentioned before over and over again.

Here is the thread from Aida64:https://forums.aida64.com/topic/398...-crosshair-vi-hero/?tab=comments&_fromLogin=1
Yeap mumak explained this very well ! All companies need to update their Softwares...
i reported these issues in very begin!

You really want to delay your fans 3 and 1/3 minutes? I guess it's different with watercooling, but I would still hesistate..

It's normal that Tclt is 10C higher than Tdie, perhaps to account for the sudden 10C+ jumps in temperatures that are normal with the 2700X. I'm not sure, but I might have seen a BIOS option for setting the cpu thermal limit... but I doubt it would be a good idea to change it.
LOL 200sec sound a bit optimistic yeah :p

2081 - 2100 of 13284 Posts