Overclock.net banner

21 - 40 of 12130 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
I thought 1.1v was default on X470. In any event i'd still run 1.1v, maybe 1.0v.
yeah i went ahead and manually set it to 1.1v's. anything less than 1.0v seems low but i thought i just ask since it is refresh ryzen.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
it is really hard for reviewers to know everything in advance without insiders information , like the new xfr2.0+pbo settings.
not to mention most of them are extremely time limited on testing new product like new ryzen this time.
no offense, even on c7h wifi, there are few earlier bios versions that dont even support performance echance option. at least what i was told is that the 0207 version of c7h wifi was the latest one (before nda) and will be using on the first wave of retails versison.

not less idea, but not enought time and support.
elmor makes the latest bios but not all asus over the world get the same one at the same time, lots of delay...
without elmor clarification on his highlights pdf, we still know **** about the proper oc method on new ryzen on new x470 before nda.
I know and thats why reviews are crap nowadays.
How many of them have Re-Review after few months when bioses and drivers are fixed up ?? 1-2 ?? Does it affect sales ?? NO cause when someone types in google motherboard test he will be bombed with day 1 resoults and on that he will decide on purchase. Tell me I'm wrong ??

·
Computer Enthusiast
2,857 Posts
I'd be very interested to know how Ryzen 1 chips perform in the MB. I have Prime x370 atm and always had trouble with ram oc only getting to an often unreliable 3200. Does the new boost work on the original chips?

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
I'd be very interested to know how Ryzen 1 chips perform in the MB. I have Prime x370 atm and always had trouble with ram oc only getting to an often unreliable 3200. Does the new boost work on the original chips?
Only supports up to 3200 on Ryzen 1000. Usually memory limits on Ryzen are up to the IMC.

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
I know and thats why reviews are crap nowadays.
How many of them have Re-Review after few months when bioses and drivers are fixed up ?? 1-2 ?? Does it affect sales ?? NO cause when someone types in google motherboard test he will be bombed with day 1 resoults and on that he will decide on purchase. Tell me I'm wrong ??
reviewers in gerneal dont even know when they should revisit the product. the best example is vega. vega non ref cards were all suck because of the previous amd drivers only favoring ref design cards. the non ref vega cards were very difficult to reach 1500mhz stable at that time while reference model can get 1600mhz very easily. and it took amd almost half a year to finally launch a driver with normal support to non ref vega cards.
amd/gpu vendors in general of course wont tell you the bios/driver is still broken, and keep saying everything is fine and getting better. reviewing prodcuts takes lots of time (and money), cant expect every reviewers keep re-reviewing every time when new bios/driver is out, unless they are paid to do so.

this time some oc experts suggest maximizing new ryzen performance by not using traditional oc method (locking all core at the same frequency) but start playing xfr2.0 with pbo to achieve higher single thread performance (which ryzen really needs this).
its probably a new changes on the bios to some reviewers that this changes require times to test out and learn from that, without experts/insiders advice, it is a realy pain to try and error given limited time.

the asus exclusive performance enhancer really helps to implement the xfr2.0 & pbo in a super easy way. go check other vendors bios and you will see how hard for end users to understand how to tweak the settings to get xfr2.0 plus pbo to work properly.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Thanks for support and this is one of the best "Asynchronous eCLK mode" features.

·
Computer Enthusiast
2,857 Posts
Only supports up to 3200 on Ryzen 1000. Usually memory limits on Ryzen are up to the IMC.
Still interested to hear actual performance - many could already do more than 3200 on the CH6 - and the memory circuits have been redesigned with more efficient MB traces. I would think this gives some benefit, but how much?

Also interested to see how the boost feature worked with Ver 1 chips - supposed to be better than XFR1 - even on V1s

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
Still interested to hear actual performance - many could already do more than 3200 on the CH6 - and the memory circuits have been redesigned with more efficient MB traces. I would think this gives some benefit, but how much?

Also interested to see how the boost feature worked with Ver 1 chips - supposed to be better than XFR1 - even on V1s

I have my 1700 in my CH VII right now, and boost does not appear to be any different. I get my 2700X tonight, and won't be testing after work so i can't comment on the memory differences.

·
Computer Enthusiast
2,857 Posts
I have my 1700 in my CH VII right now, and boost does not appear to be any different. I get my 2700X tonight, and won't be testing after work so i can't comment on the memory differences.
Thanks - I'm thinking of getting one of these as my Prime Pro really isn't great, never really been happy with it - others with my ram get much better OCing than me and the sound died on it about a month after I got it :(

Are you able to adjust the boost/XFR settings in bios?
@elmor are the different memory implementations between P x370 Pro and CH7 significant?

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
Thanks - I'm thinking of getting one of these as my Prime Pro really isn't great, never really been happy with it - others with my ram get much better OCing than me and the sound died on it about a month after I got it :(

Are you able to adjust the boost/XFR settings in bios?
Sorry to disappoint you, but i don't think i'll get around to testing that. I'm about to get off work. (I've been up for 19 hours) I'm going to sleep for 6-8 hours until my 2700X arrives then i'm going to pop it in real quick before i go back to work tonight. Sorry man :(

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have 1700x and C6H WIFI, everything was fine only that boot ram training bug, which is fixed finally with MEMORY CLEAR: disabled. But I don't care about 1700x anymore and I want to buy 2700x with x470. I just want to have boost to 4ghz to all cores with new chip and x470 and no more RAM TRAINING BUG. Is that possible with current UEFI version and new chip?

I want to point that C6H has one BIOS version up to C6H WIFI, but now C7H WIFI has one bios version up to C7H. Which is nice, because I need WIFI.

·
Computer Enthusiast
2,857 Posts
NP @Shiftstealth Def seems you should get to bed! I'm sure someone else will be able to help me. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
It looks like I don't need new x470 motherboard? With new BIOS 6004 C6H WIFI we have xfr2 which means 2700x 4.0ghz at all cores. Is this true?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Two weeks ago I was at small event organized by technical university in my city. I had there a little "oldschool" X99 platform and i7-5960X and LN2. After the event I have left around the 5 liters of LN2. And because I had fresh Ryzen 7 2700X in my hands...it was clear :) I had no experience with Pinnacle Ridge, bud I assumed the basic principlas are similar as for Summit Ridge.

temporary home workplace :)

For cooling of the CPU I used KIngpin Venom pot. But where is AM4 bracket for it? Old series of the pot?...So I put it down at processor heatspreader :) Weight is solid, so this contact could be not big issue.

AMD Pinnacle Ridge has not the coldbug, thats means you can cool downd how you want to do :) I stayed in BIOS until -150 C and fater saved the new settings and booted to the Windows. As I said, 5 liters of LN2 is not much, not for me with average skills. Maybe for Elmor,, Der8auer or for Dancop is a lot for to do some WRs :). But I had one issue with my memory GSkill FlareX. I thought, it is some BIOS issue, but few days later I checked it with support team and one module in kit was broked... So memory worked only at JEDEC 2400MHz and I can increase clock only via BCLK ( timings were impossible to change cause this module error).
RAMs are now at RMA, so next LN2 session in May will be done with new kit :)

Started with GPUPI,and Cinebenchs...The best fun for me were Cinebenchs.

Wprime:

Cinebench at 5375 MHz, 5400 MHz run was so close, but I had no more of LN2 :(

After I changed quickly memory kit for another one and tried run SUperpi 32M on fumes and hoped for results...

Afterall extreme overlcocking will be always fun for me and Im looking for next one session with Ryzen 7 2700X and retesting 1800X at new Crosshair VII :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
I am still waiting on my C7H and 2700X, but I have to ask, why did they put a PS/2 connector on the board? Shouldn't PS/2 be dead and recycled(I'm not into dumping potentially toxic materials in the ground by burying old tech products)?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
you need PS2 example for extreme overlcokers. Its better way or for more easy instalation of Windows7 on X470 (some users do not want Win8/10) and some benchmarks are also better at Windows 7 :)

·
Computer Enthusiast
2,857 Posts
So, I did much thinking today and have talked myself into ordering myself a Crosshair vii Hero -I won't be happy with anything less! Arrives tomorrow :)

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
Is anyone else experiencing high temps in HWINFO with BIOS 0509? My idle Tdie is like 40-50C. I have Performance Enhancer on, but im at 2.2Ghz, and it still won't idle lower. Wondering if this is a bug, or i should re-apply TIM.

Thanks!

21 - 40 of 12130 Posts