Overclock.net banner

5181 - 5200 of 12401 Posts

·
Meddling user
7,423 Posts
@majestynl

If profile is out I can also have the message you had. I have also had something along the lines of recovery motherboard UEFI, blah blah, usually reset gets rig back or SAFE BOOT button.

Any how still on 1103 here. Dropped to RAM divider 3466MHz, upped BCLK to 103.8. Had good PASS in RT, used normally, did some benches, rerun RT on a full cold POST, testing profile further.

RT B103.8 PBOEP 1.075 1.385 0.687 34 Off 48 room 18C 12500%.jpg

RT B103.8 PBOEP 1.075 1.385 0.687 34 Off 48 room 19C FCP1 PASS 1075%.jpg

Note: No OS/Performance bias used for benches

AIDA64 run 1.jpg

AIDA64 run 2.jpg

AIDA64 run 3.jpg

CB15 run 1.jpg

CB15 run 2.jpg

CB15 run 3.jpg

I kept the CPU with best IMC, tightest best core/worst core VCORE gap (~1mV), seems lower leakage CPU as uses higher VCORE. This was not best CPU MHz clocker, but that one had ~200mV best core/worst core VCORE gap. Under PBO OC difference was max 50MHz, which I wasn't gonna worry about when this nabbed 3600MHz and other only 3466MHz.

·
Black Sun Empire
787 Posts
Hi all!
@gupsterg

yesterday i don't did anything with my Main ssd or test ssd.
Today i tried the test ssd and played over an hour, no hangs, no lags, no slow texture load.

For the last 3hrs i was playing also in my main ssd. tested BF V and sandstorm.

I think it works now as it should.

Should i try flashing 1201 again via flashback ?
What would you do next ?

Trying my last working bios template tomorrow .

btw nice thread in the rog Forum, excellent job gupsterg.

THX

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

·
Black Sun Empire
787 Posts
@gupsterg

Currently on 0509 .

·
Registered
172 Posts
XMP Speed for our kits is [email protected], I don't know how your kit will perform (but you report in ns, looks the same as mine, so I assume that your kit has the same quality of chips).
In our case to reach this speed will require a crazy amount of DRAM voltage. Usually, you've got instability when your memory is something near 52C on Ryzen platform. Mine sticks reach 46-47C with about 1.41V applied, so not too much headroom. Also, for example, [email protected] will crush 3600 with auto timings in real-world applications.

You can try to use Ryzen DRAM calculator by @1usmus, which will calculate most of the values for you.
You will need to enter them in bios & done. But my kit was not able to run stable anything except [email protected]
Only yesterday I finished customizing [email protected] timings provided by the calculator to be stable on my system.
This is the difference between what calculator provided & what became stable:

Also, it took a ridiculous amount of time to archive stable result (By stable I mean 14 cycles of TM5 with @1usmus config, 100% coverage in MemTestIt & Running couple hours streaming of Hunt Showdown which makes Ryzen all core load 70-100% & uses about 12-13Gb of RAM ).
Thanks for your replay.
My system sets VDIMM @1.4v, with this voltage (+0.50v above what declared by G.Skill for XMP profile) I can run maximum 3400MHz. At this speed I have not tried to lower timigs due to lack of time. I've set every timing to Auto and the mobo sets 16-24-24-57-81-2T... not so good in my humble opinion. :(
As soon as I can I'm gonna try your settings, 'cause I've no idea of how Ryzen DRAM Calculator works.

Baio

·
Meddling user
7,423 Posts
@gupsterg

Currently on 0509 .

I'd try 1002, that was last AGESA 1.0.0.2C UEFI, has ASUS WMI implementation, 0804/0702 it is broken.

Once you have flashed it and system POST it should show messages where it updates embedded controllers on motherboard.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Okay I sort of found it..... Changed some things in bios regarding precision boost and then went into Ryzen Master to create another profile. All core jumped up to 4.257, but it is still not dropping again or raising on single core.
Few things that immediately come to mind:

- You can't set a manual voltage for VCORE and must use an offset. If you set a manual voltage for VCORE the CPU will behave as if its overclocked aka only maintain one speed.
- Minimal Processor State in your Windows power plan must be set below 50% on whichever power plan you choose to use. That allows the CPU to reach all its p-states so it can down clock and which allows it to run higher single/fewer core speeds.
- Enable Core Performance Boost in BIOS.

·
DRAM Obsessor
1,033 Posts
Okay I sort of found it..... Changed some things in bios regarding precision boost and then went into Ryzen Master to create another profile. All core jumped up to 4.257, but it is still not dropping again or raising on single core.
Post a txt bios dump and post it so i can see your setup

·
Black Sun Empire
787 Posts
I'd try 1002, that was last AGESA 1.0.0.2C UEFI, has ASUS WMI implementation, 0804/0702 it is broken.

Once you have flashed it and system POST it should show messages where it updates embedded controllers on motherboard.

Well the first and second attempt to flash the bios to 1002 failed, due to the usb stick.
Grabbed another one, then it worked flawlessly.
Maybe the usb-stick is corrupted.
Until now no shutdown or restart issue occured.
One thing i've noticed again that the slow texture load is there again, but not as heavy as before .

All currently tested in my main system ssd.
The one i've fresh installed (think it was friday) has not been tested after bios update so far . I hope it's a driver issue.

Good night and i'll report back on monday or tuesday.

·
Overclocker & Enthusiast
143 Posts
Thanks for your replay.
My system sets VDIMM @1.4v, with this voltage (+0.50v above what declared by G.Skill for XMP profile) I can run maximum 3400MHz. At this speed I have not tried to lower timigs due to lack of time. I've set every timing to Auto and the mobo sets 16-24-24-57-81-2T... not so good in my humble opinion. :(
As soon as I can I'm gonna try your settings, 'cause I've no idea of how Ryzen DRAM Calculator works.

Baio
Gskill have XMP profiles upto 1.5v, my kit for instance is rated for 4600MHz CL19 with a 1.5v XMP. Besides these are only resellers, you want to look at what JEDEC/Memory IC makers specify and they both specify 1.5v is the maximum you can have. However here are examples from Gskill https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-4600c19d-16gtzkkc-[discontinued] and https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-4600c18d-16gtzr one featuring 1.5v and the other 1.45v. So yeah feel free to push upto those voltages if it aids stability, should be more than fine even if it's just a bare stick with no heatsink. Of course pushing voltage on every IC doesn't necessarily help, but if you have Samsung B-die I know for a fact most scale upto 1.8v (not recommended for daily) so 1.5v should be childs play and some even further, max I've seen someone push is 2.1v on Samsung B-die for benching purposes only.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Gskill have XMP profiles upto 1.5v, my kit for instance is rated for 4600MHz CL19 with a 1.5v XMP. Besides these are only resellers, you want to look at what JEDEC/Memory IC makers specify and they both specify 1.5v is the maximum you can have. However here are examples from Gskill https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-4600c19d-16gtzkkc-[discontinued] and https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-4600c18d-16gtzr one featuring 1.5v and the other 1.45v. So yeah feel free to push upto those voltages if it aids stability, should be more than fine even if it's just a bare stick with no heatsink. Of course pushing voltage on every IC doesn't necessarily help, but if you have Samsung B-die I know for a fact most scale upto 1.8v (not recommended for daily) so 1.5v should be childs play and some even further, max I've seen someone push is 2.1v on Samsung B-die for benching purposes only.
I actually run my b-die kit at 1.5V daily.

·
Meddling user
7,423 Posts
Update on profile initially tested with RT in post 5181.

This lost 1 thread in P95 v29.4b8 8K 4096K 12GB ~1hr 10min.

I upped SOC to 1.087V and ~3hrs in lost 1 thread again.

Next I reverted to SOC 1.075V, but upped VBOOT/VDIMM to 1.39V and VTTDDR 0.7V, 4hrs (still going as I type, reached 4.33hrs).

·
Overclocker & Enthusiast
143 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sticks in our kits are very bad, you can check my upper response to see how I increased TRFC to make RAM stable, also my kit is already near 48C on 1.41V, so we do not have too much headroom.
His kit might be a bit better though, but our reports from Typhoon Burner are almost the same regarding delays in NS,

·
Black Sun Empire
787 Posts
@gupsterg

...had my first working day, so holidays were over for me right now.

Sucessfully tested the test ssd setup.

The overdriventool has only been used to put the fan spinning up to 1300rpm.
She likes it cool. (Fury)

Maybe i'll make a gaming based installment of Win 10 1803, and a productive one.

Actually i think it could be a combination of a corrupt stick,followed by some issues on the OS Level, and those may based on the software i have installed on the main system ssd.
BUT thats a thing i've to check out.
If it isn't that i'll tell ya.

So thank you very much for your help, i hope i can move on now, get my stable to that point where it was before my issues started.

Cheers mate

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Sticks in our kits are very bad, you can check my upper response to see how I increased TRFC to make RAM stable, also my kit is already near 48C on 1.41V, so we do not have too much headroom.
His kit might be a bit better though, but our reports from Typhoon Burner are almost the same regarding delays in NS,
I place a 120mm fan on the GPU in front of the RAM to cool the RAM.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
So I managed to damage one of my sticks from my kit of F4-3200C14D-32GTZSK . I guess I was too aggressive when I was pulling the heat spreader off. Was running that kit at 3200 12-13-13-22 . I have a kit of F4-3600C15D-16GTZ coming in today. I want to run it at least 3466 but preferably faster. Anyone have a suggestion of where I should start? Just use the timing calculator and go from there? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
So I managed to damage one of my sticks from my kit of F4-3200C14D-32GTZSK . I guess I was too aggressive when I was pulling the heat spreader off. Was running that kit at 3200 12-13-13-22 . I have a kit of F4-3600C15D-16GTZ coming in today. I want to run it at least 3466 but preferably faster. Anyone have a suggestion of where I should start? Just use the timing calculator and go from there? Thanks for any help.
For a DRAM Calculator starting point? The 3600 FAST will most likely work with little effort. I say little because I need a little more DRAM voltage. However, I run either a faster speed or tighter timings for 3600 so I usually run 1.5V daily.

Right now I'm running 3666 because I gave up on 3740 with a tRFC lower than 400.

PS
Do you still have the heatspreader off the old kit? If they don't work anymore I'd love the plastic trim pieces from your kit to replace my red trim pieces. I had to get red because it was the only color the kit came in when I bought them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just got the kit in. DOCP did not want to boot. So I moved to 3466 with the stilt's fast timings. Going to try for 3600 fast now. I do have the trimp pieces as I have been limping along on 1 16gb stick for the last few days. My 3600c15 kit also has the red trim, if I end up not watercooling them I plan to swap in the black trim pieces. But If I do end up not needing them I'll let you know.

5181 - 5200 of 12401 Posts