Overclock.net banner

5201 - 5220 of 12720 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I just got the kit in. DOCP did not want to boot. So I moved to 3466 with the stilt's fast timings. Going to try for 3600 fast now. I do have the trimp pieces as I have been limping along on 1 16gb stick for the last few days. My 3600c15 kit also has the red trim, if I end up not watercooling them I plan to swap in the black trim pieces. But If I do end up not needing them I'll let you know.
Oh yeah I had to bump DRAM voltage to 1.37V to use DOCP.

If you run Geardown mode enabled then 3600 works at SOC 1.0V, but with Geardown mode disabled I needed SOC 1.1V.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The 3600 fast preset from the calculator worked for me at 1.45v and SOC 1.03125 . By worked I mean I could boot, run cinebench, aida64, and type this message. Attached is the aida64 run. Ran memtest and didn't make it to 10% before errors but they happened as the dimms hit 40c.

Currently running PE4 with a -0.9375 offset. I've had bad luck with any bclk over 101, my 960 starts not being detected.

Knowing that the new chips won't be out for several more months I want to start tweaking my setup again. I felt like I was stuck with the dual rank dimms and this single rank kit has renewed my interest in pushing for more. I'll take all the tips I can get.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
The 3600 fast preset from the calculator worked for me at 1.45v and SOC 1.03125 . By worked I mean I could boot, run cinebench, aida64, and type this message. Attached is the aida64 run. Ran memtest and didn't make it to 10% before errors but they happened as the dimms hit 40c.

Currently running PE4 with a -0.9375 offset. I've had bad luck with any bclk over 101, my 960 starts not being detected.

Knowing that the new chips won't be out for several more months I want to start tweaking my setup again. I felt like I was stuck with the dual rank dimms and this single rank kit has renewed my interest in pushing for more. I'll take all the tips I can get.
In the Calculator the timings are listed in the order: 14-14-15-14. However, if you look at the labels you'll see that in BIOS they are ordered differently and they should be input in the order: 14-15-14-14. That will completely bork your setup if you enter that 15 into the wrong spot. I didn't notice that for more time than I care to admit, but once I did it changed the game.

Edit:

The 970 doesn't seem to care about BCLK as high as 104 I think. I can't remember exactly how high I've gone, but it was never an issue for the 970. Which m.2 slot do you use?

And that is a huge offset for VCORE. Thight might be part of the problem?

I use PE 3 and then bump up EDC with Ryzen Master which manipulates the multiplier.

·
Registered
202 Posts

You could try my timing for 3533. Recently tried the bios 1201 and aiming to lower my voltage as much as possible compared to before.

Before on 1103

4.25Ghz at 1.4v
3600CL14 at 1.49v
SoC at 1.137v

Now on 1201

4.25Ghz at 1.375v
3533CL14 at 1.415v
SoC at 1.025v

I've spent all weekend stablising it and so far so good.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
In the Calculator the timings are listed in the order: 14-14-15-14. However, if you look at the labels you'll see that in BIOS they are ordered differently and they should be input in the order: 14-15-14-14. That will completely bork your setup if you enter that 15 into the wrong spot. I didn't notice that for more time than I care to admit, but once I did it changed the game.

Edit:

The 970 doesn't seem to care about BCLK as high as 104 I think. I can't remember exactly how high I've gone, but it was never an issue for the 970. Which m.2 slot do you use?

And that is a huge offset for VCORE. Thight might be part of the problem?

I use PE 3 and then bump up EDC with Ryzen Master which manipulates the multiplier.
I've never noticed the mixup in the order for the timings so I've probably been doing it wrong this whole time.
I have tried with the offset on and off. Anything over 101 and I get the issue. I use the bottom nvme slot.

Since I got in at 3600 and everything seems good I'm already tearing the heatspreaders off of this kit.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I've never noticed the mixup in the order for the timings so I've probably been doing it wrong this whole time.
I have tried with the offset on and off. Anything over 101 and I get the issue. I use the bottom nvme slot.

Since I got in at 3600 and everything seems good I'm already tearing the heatspreaders off of this kit.
Yeah, it took me a long while before I noticed it.

I guess if you're like me you'll probably end up selling that 960 and getting a 970. Using a BCLK above 101 can be very helpful when overclocking. Especially in the manner I overclock.

Are the trim pieces of the old kit black? And do you still need them?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am considering moving to a 970. I would like to try and run a 103bclk and push for 4.4+ single core.

The trim pieces are black. Where the 3600 kit is new I am going to at least hold on to all my parts until my return window is over.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I am considering moving to a 970. I would like to try and run a 103bclk and push for 4.4+ single core.

The trim pieces are black. Where the 3600 kit is new I am going to at least hold on to all my parts until my return window is over.
I would recommend the 970. Running 4.4 single core is very doable with good cooling and then if you can get some extremely good cooling 4.4 all core is even better. I have to use the colder weather to achieve that, but it's let me hit some fun benchmark scores.

Roger that. I wish G.SKILL would sell those plastic trim pieces. I've run my kit without the trim pieces, but I didn't like the way it looked moreso than I hate the red.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I am gonna test whether POST code F9 is a result of too little SOC voltage. I'm gonna try booting with too little RAM voltage to see if I get the F9 POST code and repeat the process with too little SOC voltage. What has given me the idea is while testing 3700MHz with tight-ish timings my first try failed to POST and gave me the F9 code, but worked with some more SOC voltage. And I am currently running Karhu at 2GB with 8 threads and I'm at 7000% and no errors.

Side note: does anyone run Karhu with a smaller RAM allotment and fewer threads and then game as it runs? As a test? I wanna try to find a way to identify those RAM settings that pass overnight tests, but prove unstable while gaming.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Is 77*C Tdie on a Dark rock Pro 4 + 2700X to be expected when running 4.25GHz 1.4V (PE4 OC) and in X264v2?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Is 77*C Tdie on a Dark rock Pro 4 + 2700X to be expected when running 4.25GHz 1.4V (PE4 OC) and in X264v2?
I couldn't say as I don't run that workload type. Can you run something much more common like Cinebench so your polling group is much larger?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
So I've been testing 3703MHz all day and it's been very very promising. Of course I have to test overnight, but I think today's results warrant it.

Edit:

Welp it looks the settings I was running yesterday became unstable today. The only difference between yesterday and today being increased ambient temperature.

Attachments

·
DRAM Obsessor
1,034 Posts
So I've been testing 3703MHz all day and it's been very very promising. Of course I have to test overnight, but I think today's results warrant it.
Nice, whats it pulling in a memory benchmark though?

·
DRAM Obsessor
1,034 Posts
I couldn't say as I don't run that workload type. Can you run something much more common like Cinebench so your polling group is much larger?
x264 is heavier than Cinebench so Id say thats probably expected with that cooler and PE4 bc the voltages are pretty aggressive.

·
Overclocker & Enthusiast
143 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts

·
Overclocker & Enthusiast
143 Posts
Oooh I wonder if my kit can run that. Will you post your RTC screenshot so I can try out your settings?
I can tell you the bios settings even once I am home, currently away. RTC seems to have issues on windows 1809 for me, gives me an error about initialization which sucks. Can just copy & paste the bios profile settings when I'm back for you to try out :) My IMC kinda sucks so I decided to see if I could lower the timings instead of increase MHz, wouldn't budge even 1mhz past otherwise it's touch and go, seems very temperature dependent.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I can tell you the bios settings even once I am home, currently away. RTC seems to have issues on windows 1809 for me, gives me an error about initialization which sucks. Can just copy & paste the bios profile settings when I'm back for you to try out :) My IMC kinda sucks so I decided to see if I could lower the timings instead of increase MHz, wouldn't budge even 1mhz past otherwise it's touch and go, seems very temperature dependent.
I had that problem with RTC a while back with the new AGESA. I had to uninstall and reinstall a few times, but couldn't tell you exactly how I got it to just start working again.

Also, have you updated your RTC? The Stilt made a new one for the new AGESA, but stated it would be the last update.

And I appreciate you sharing.

5201 - 5220 of 12720 Posts