Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 12130 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Is anyone else experiencing high temps in HWINFO with BIOS 0509? My idle Tdie is like 40-50C. I have Performance Enhancer on, but im at 2.2Ghz, and it still won't idle lower. Wondering if this is a bug, or i should re-apply TIM.

Thanks!
TTL said there is a fixed version 08xx so maybe start there??

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
TTL said there is a fixed version 08xx so maybe start there??
Fixed version of HWINFO, or the BIOS? I only saw BIOS 0509 on ASUS's site.

·
Fumbling In BIOS
300 Posts
I Think I seen on the Crosshair VI thread Mumak mentioned you need to update HWINFO to a beta state ATM to get the most accurate readings.

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
Is anyone aware of the CH VII shutting down, and the power button won't turn it back on, you have to remove the power plug for a few seconds to allow it to turn back on. Wonder what could be causing that. Happened both with my 1700, and 2700X on different BIOS's

·
Registered
285 Posts
It's the only way to achieve 2x M.2 at x4 PCIE Gen 3 without a PCI-E bridge chip (very expensive).
A little bit late, but: Funny how a PLX isn't too expensive for Intel products in the same price category, like the Asus Z270-WS, or any of these from your competitors?

Edit: And instead of the PEX 8747 a much smaller PEX 8712 should've been enough for the M.2 slots.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
What are the 2700X average overclocking on this motherboard?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is anyone aware of the CH VII shutting down, and the power button won't turn it back on, you have to remove the power plug for a few seconds to allow it to turn back on. Wonder what could be causing that. Happened both with my 1700, and 2700X on different BIOS's
I just ordered 2700x and C7H WIFI don't scare me please.

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
I just ordered 2700x and C7H WIFI don't scare me please.
I think it was more the board than the combo. Maybe even a windows update, but the fact that i have to pull the power makes me think its a board thing. Just a bug. I used all of my old hardware from my X370 PRIME PRO that was stable for months. PSU/GPU/RAM, Then today i wake up when my 2700X gets here, go downstairs, and i need to pull the power on the 1700 in the CH VII for it to reboot. Then enter the 2700X, and it just shuts down while im playing wow. I did have performance enhancer on level 3, and the Stilts 3200Mhz fast timings on on the 2700X so maybe it was that. It's been on for 2 hours now without issues. I did have a windows update roughly 30 minutes before it went down without rebooting on the 1700, but again this feels like a hardware thing since it needed the power pulled to reboot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
@Shiftstealth
It shuts down as if you'd just pull the power plug, right?
I had the same issue but with a PRIME X370-A, the C6H worked fine (both with 2x16GB FlareX 3200/14). Now I'm worried a bit about the C7H..

I'm wondering if RAM issues can even cause a shutdown and not just a reset.

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
@Shiftstealth
It shuts down as if you'd just pull the power plug, right?
I had the same issue but with a PRIME X370-A, the C6H worked fine (both with 2x16GB FlareX 3200/14). Now I'm worried a bit about the C7H..

I'm wondering if RAM issues can even cause a shutdown and not just a reset.
Yep, just goes down hard. Then i have to pull the power and plug it back in for the power button to even work. How'd you fix it on your PRIME X370-A?

·
Registered
501 Posts
I think it was more the board than the combo. Maybe even a windows update, but the fact that i have to pull the power makes me think its a board thing. Just a bug. I used all of my old hardware from my X370 PRIME PRO that was stable for months. PSU/GPU/RAM, Then today i wake up when my 2700X gets here, go downstairs, and i need to pull the power on the 1700 in the CH VII for it to reboot. Then enter the 2700X, and it just shuts down while im playing wow. I did have performance enhancer on level 3, and the Stilts 3200Mhz fast timings on on the 2700X so maybe it was that. It's been on for 2 hours now without issues. I did have a windows update roughly 30 minutes before it went down without rebooting on the 1700, but again this feels like a hardware thing since it needed the power pulled to reboot.
Performance Enhance 3(and 4) is an OC so you might not be able to run auto voltage when using it.

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
Performance Enhance 3(and 4) is an OC so you might not be able to run auto voltage when using it.
It literally just happened at stock everything. Even the RAM was at 2400CL15.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Not a happy bunny here. When I bought the CH6 on release it took 7 weeks before I could use it because the board failed, and then had to be sent back under RMA.

I installed the CH7 today with a 2700x, and it hit code 8 (initialisation), then stop. I tried the bios update available on the Asus site. I don't know if it is a new revision or just a copy of the original, because I cant get to the bios screen. Still the same though, stop at code 8. I swapped the 2700x for my 1800x and nothing changed. I took everything off the board and just powered it with CPU and no memory, still nothing. It is painful to have a second dead board.

Has anyone else come to this, and found a tweak to get past it before I RMA the board?

As a btw, the 2700x is working fine in my old CH6, so I know it had nothing to do with the CPU.

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
Not a happy bunny here. When I bought the CH6 on release it took 7 weeks before I could use it because the board failed, and then had to be sent back under RMA.

I installed the CH7 today with a 2700x, and it hit code 8 (initialisation), then stop. I tried the bios update available on the Asus site. I don't know if it is a new revision or just a copy of the original, because I cant get to the bios screen. Still the same though, stop at code 8. I swapped the 2700x for my 1800x and nothing changed. I took everything off the board and just powered it with CPU and no memory, still nothing. It is painful to have a second dead board.

Has anyone else come to this, and found a tweak to get past it before I RMA the board?

As a btw, the 2700x is working fine in my old CH6, so I know it had nothing to do with the CPU.
Hopefully @elmor gets on soon to answer both of our questions

·
Registered
450 Posts
If you have CH6, it is unnecessary to buy CH7. and if you have 1800x you do not need to get 2700x

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts

·
Computer Enthusiast
2,857 Posts
Yep, just goes down hard. Then i have to pull the power and plug it back in for the power button to even work. How'd you fix it on your PRIME X370-A?
Do you have HPET disabled? If so, try enable it - had bug similar to this on Prime Pro and this at least allowed the machine to reboot. Does it do this if you try restart from Windows? That's what happened to me, I also had crashes in Windows that would go to reboot but screen just stayed black and had to power off.

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
Do you have HPET disabled? If so, try enable it - had bug similar to this on Prime Pro and this at least allowed the machine to reboot. Does it do this if you try restart from Windows? That's what happened to me, I also had crashes in Windows that would go to reboot but screen just stayed black and had to power off.
Thanks for the tip. If i restart from windows it works fine. I think it could be my power supply, but its odd that it just went bad when i replaced the motherboard. In any event i ordered a new PSU and will have it tomorrow. I also tried your tip, and will test and see if that resolves it or not. Maybe i'll be able to cancel my order.

41 - 60 of 12130 Posts