Overclock.net banner

661 - 680 of 12850 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
First Pic is Stock, Next one is nearly final timings in safe mode, last one is final timings @3466 in OS. This is pretty much what I got to work as fast as possible @ 1000% using RamTest. I can push higher frequencies but that will take more work to be beneficial over what Im currently showing which I could probably tighten a couple more things with this setup as well but Im reaching the end of being able to tighten this frequency.

A few random pics of CH7 upgrade

Finding out my CPU was segfault bugged a couple of nights ago which explains a few things about crashing at high load/stress tests above 4.0 ghz
I got same RAM, how are u getting such low tRFC? I can't even do 400 at that speed on the 2700X, is there a setting that has impact on this?

Can you post pics of your BIOS settings please? :eek:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
@FlanK3r deffo can pas 4300 on cb15 but its not stable crashed on 3rd IBT Very High pass. Bet if I drop 1.45 it could pass 4350 but not muich gain on clockspeed in CB 15. Going from 4250 to 4300 gave... 11 points... so You can expect 10points/50mhz.
Never been interested in BENCHABLE setting its useless more of Maximum 24/7 i will use.
Had a play with PE3 but getting high memory clock and getting it stable for rendering can be impossible
Thank you, it is simillar at my side. 4340 is maximum for my better chip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello guys, some problems with my stability.

I'm currently @ 4.2
ram @ 3600 (corsair rgb 3600 2*8 cas 18)
Crosshair VII of course

OCCT cpu only = Ok
Memtest = 0 errors
OCCT linpack or IBT = OCCT always crash between 10-11min, and IBT can't achieve the first pass.

That run me crazy ! i have tried everything. setting auto, manual, gearmode on/off. I'm out of ideas.

Any ideas or settings that can help me?

(Sorry for my english).

·
Registered
106 Posts
elmor,

I want to know whether PCIEX1_1 and PCIEX1_2 slots are integrated with CPU or chipset. If I attach a PCIex card on either of these slots, will it reduce the speed of my VGA card sticked to the first PCIx 3.0 x 16 slot to 8x?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Is your PLL voltage Auto ou manual set ?
I got EVERYTHING i can on manual even **** that does not need manual.

thats why I got crosshair boards. More stuff to change from auto to manual. Whats the point of owning board with so many options and running it on auto ??
@majestynl almost ;) like I said Ill stick to my 1.425 as daily cvore temps i dont care not passing 71 now and thats on IBT nothing pumps more temps thana that. After 5 hours of cruncher it was maxing at 66c

·
Registered
463 Posts
Does anyone knows ,why i cant run without crash performance bias on this board? With prime x370 pro i could run everything with performance bias set to cb11.5 ,but with this board i cant.
Cpu: r7 1700 @4GHz

·
Registered
463 Posts

I'm currently @ 4.2
Crosshair VII of course

OCCT cpu only = Ok
Memtest = 0 errors
OCCT linpack or IBT = OCCT always crash between 10-11min, and IBT can't achieve the first pass.

That run me crazy ! i have tried everything. setting auto, manual, gearmode on/off. I'm out of ideas.

(Sorry for my english).
I think that you have to find the right vsoc

·
Registered
1,752 Posts

I'm currently @ 4.2
Crosshair VII of course

OCCT cpu only = Ok
Memtest = 0 errors

(Sorry for my english).
Well 3600 on memory is problem for starters and whats SV12 Vcore under load ??

·
Registered
1,402 Posts

I'm currently @ 4.2
Crosshair VII of course

OCCT cpu only = Ok
Memtest = 0 errors

(Sorry for my english).
Can you share more info pls. Maybe some screenies with Hwinfo etc.
We dont know what voltage you are running.

And by the way 3600 is hard for now. Just get it stable around 3200 and work yourself up.!

·
Registered
463 Posts
This board is a beast for memory overclock.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I think people are interested to know what kind of memory kits can achieve such results.
Do share I guess?

·
Overclocker
6,974 Posts
I just LOVE you. I'm so dumb...
I tested so much stuff that I forgot the basics. I am now 100% stable in 3600 cas 16 !!!

Now i will try to push the cpu. I would put screens when evrithing will be good.

Thank you all for your quick answers guys.
How you know your RAM is 100% stable?
You can only say that if you run memtest86 overnight without any errors...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Read the whole thread and found no answers for a problem which three (at least) users have experienced with the board.

In post #241 http://www.overclock.net/forum/27244177-post241.html @QuadJunkyx @Ethan_Ryu have d3 Q-code and in post #243 http://www.overclock.net/forum/27244553-post243.html @haydn-j says he has same problem.

Was there a solution to such behavior of the board that i missed? I'm deciding between hero 7 and gigabytes 7 version right now so every bit of information is critical as it's concerns stability of the system. I also didn't like the info on sudden shutdowns, even from users with glass cases, which cant cause short circuit.

I already have 2700x and 32gb dual rank b-die ready, deciding on the board now. Sadly Gigabyte's thread is very quiet on the matter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My ASUS board just got here, and man what a nice board it even looks tight. It hurt spending that much but the ram almost cost as much so figured hell lets go for it. Now to school myself and read, read, read. Glad I sent that ASRock back now. Thanks for making me think about it AlphaC I owe ya.

·
Well, hello there...
4,500 Posts
Read the whole thread and found no answers for a problem which three (at least) users have experienced with the board.

In post #241 http://www.overclock.net/forum/27244177-post241.html @QuadJunkyx @Ethan_Ryu have d3 Q-code and in post #243 http://www.overclock.net/forum/27244553-post243.html @haydn-j says he has same problem.

Was there a solution to such behavior of the board that i missed? I'm deciding between hero 7 and gigabytes 7 version right now so every bit of information is critical as it's concerns stability of the system. I also didn't like the info on sudden shutdowns, even from users with glass cases, which cant cause short circuit.

I already have 2700x and 32gb dual rank b-die ready, deciding on the board now. Sadly Gigabyte's thread is very quiet on the matter.

Q-Code D3 Some of the Architectural Protocols are not available. This has nothing to do with stability and happens when running the program Ryzen Master. I'm certain there was an update to the program recently. Gigabyte's component quality can not even compare to this board. If you look in the VI board's thread, those people helped ASUS slightly redesign this board to run cooler and be more proficient. There are active ASUS Reps in this thread. ASUS posts BIOS updates here first. So, the quality, people, and support are all here. You can't get any better than that.

·
DRAM Obsessor
1,034 Posts
I think I will try higher frequencies tonight but I want to skip 3600mhz entirely. It seems there is some type of memory hole there that no matter what settings I choose I cannot post so hopefully I can hit 3800mhz and hop over the hole and be stable around C17-18. 4000mhz stable would also be amazing if there is headroom to adjust sub-timings. That’s my rule, if there is no room for adjustment to subs then I don’t bother. A step lower with tight timings will beat it everytime.

·
DRAM Obsessor
1,034 Posts
First Pic is Stock, Next one is nearly final timings in safe mode, last one is final timings @3466 in OS. This is pretty much what I got to work as fast as possible @ 1000% using RamTest. I can push higher frequencies but that will take more work to be beneficial over what Im currently showing which I could probably tighten a couple more things with this setup as well but Im reaching the end of being able to tighten this frequency.

A few random pics of CH7 upgrade

Finding out my CPU was segfault bugged a couple of nights ago which explains a few things about crashing at high load/stress tests above 4.0 ghz
I got same RAM, how are u getting such low tRFC? I can't even do 400 at that speed on the 2700X, is there a setting that has impact on this?

Can you post pics of your BIOS settings please? /forum/images/smilies/redface.gif
I do not change much in the bios besides certain voltages and memory interleaving settings. Once I get home from work I will lay out how I go through timings and some rules that I picked up that do seem to hold true most of the time, at least for BDie anyways. I think arriving at lower timings has a lot to do with the tightening process and tweaking certain voltages and settings that increase stability. I will say that rfc is one of the things I adjust right after the primaries since it seems to be a key player in performance from what I have noticed from this set of BDie and the former 3200mhz set I have in my Asus Prime board which had nearly the same timings as you see from my above post. I’m hoping to hit mid 50ns latencies once I get my 2700x and bios revisions progress further. I want every bit of the advertised 4133 kit and I will get it no matter what, even if this ram isn’t on QVL (who pays attn to QVL anyways?) 😆

661 - 680 of 12850 Posts