Overclock.net banner

701 - 720 of 12401 Posts

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Anyone with a BCLK overclock care to share their settings? Particularly voltages, PE level, etc?

I’m having some trouble at 102 bclk—the chip stays locked at a 37.5X multiplier and won’t clock up...101 bclk behaves as expected.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Might have to redo my paste again :(

Attachments

·
Registered
462 Posts
You never know! My machine booted at 3800 and I got to my desktop - before it rebooted, but I did have to turn on geardown mode to boot >3200.

Still lots more playing around to do. My CPU aint gonna do 4.2 without some LLC - will experiment to see what I can do there, but it also takes more voltage on this board than my previous one.
I know i post an aida memory benchmark from me in the previous page @3800cl16 but i dont know if it's possible to make ram full stable at this speeds.

I need more vcore too with this board.

I am pretty stable @3600cl15 ,1.42v dram - 1.31v soc / cpu stock

Attachments

·
DRAM Obsessor
1,033 Posts
Anyone with a BCLK overclock care to share their settings? Particularly voltages, PE level, etc?

I’m having some trouble at 102 bclk—the chip stays locked at a 37.5X multiplier and won’t clock up...101 bclk behaves as expected.
Ive went to 102 with no problems but I bumped PLL voltage a small amount for stability. 102 was the only way I could take my RAM to 3600 as I could hit 3533 C14 easily but 3600 would not boot even with c19 but could boot at 3533 with bclk OC. Very odd behaving RAM at that speed. Hopefully that will change when I swap my 1700x out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello to the OCN community! First I wanted to say thanks for this great thread! been reading it from the beginning and could extract all the good stuff for optimizing performance on this great motherboard!

and here comes the BUT!

I'm really dying here with a ryzen 2700x and some G.Skill F4-4113CL19 RAM. No matter what I do, no matter the timings, RAM speed, overclock, no overclock, all auto bios settings, i'm getting 145 ns RAM latency and 22ns L3 Cache latency.

After initial testing(CB, prime gaming) I dind't realize it first. When I boot up Windows AIDA shows very good RAM latency 60-65 ns, depends on clock and timings ofc. The CB scores are great too. After loading up some stress test/hours of gaming, the latency degrades to 145 ns RAM and 22ns L3 Cache latency.

currenty I'm at @stock and after running 5 min of prime FTT the issue occurs. After that I loose 100 CB points due to latency and gaming gets "micro-stutters".

couldmt find ANY information on the damn internet, never had such issues with any rig of mine( doing this since AMD Barton times...)

My last try will be some abysmal 2133 ram settings with high CL. What could this be? RAM faulty? CPU? Motherboard?
CPU/Board itself is really stable even at PE3/4 with 360 AIO RAD

any hint would be great! ordered some F4-3600CL15 ram to verify if thats the issue...

PS: one thing seems curious my current this 2x8 RAM kit mentioned above.. When I use ryzen dram checker the two DIMMs seems to have different base timings (for instance tCL CAS of 8.750 and 9.176)

thanks in advance!
regards

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Many of you still seem to use Linpack to evaluate the stability.

Linpack is a pretty poor stability test, unless you're able use extremely large problems sizes.
The CPU basically sits idle around 20% of the total time spent for the computation of each loop (memory alloc & dealloc).

If you want to test the true stability of the CPU, use Prime95 28.10 for Ryzen: http://www.mersenne.org/ftp_root/gimps/p95v2810.win64.zip with custom 128/128 in-place settings.
Newer P95 versions are less stressful to the CPU, so use the 28.10 instead.

Linpack no doubt "tests" (stresses) the memory better (more) than Prime95 does, however to determine the memory stability you should be using a dedicated utility from the get-go (Ram Test or HCI).

Personally, I wouldn't use a system which is just Linpack stable for anything productive.

·
Overclocker
6,943 Posts
Thnx for the heads up Stilt, will do proper test from now on.

I thought Asus Realbench is a good program to test, what do you think?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thnx for the heads up Stilt, will do proper test from now on.

I thought Asus Realbench is a good program to test, what do you think?
There is no best test you need to go through all stress tests as I did or don't overclock. You need to pass realbench 8h, aida 8h, occt large 8h, occt small 8h, occt linpack 8h, intel burn test 10x on max(32GB -> means 30GB ram for me), prime95 small 8h, prime95 in-place 8h, prime95 blend custom(90% ram) 24h, hci memtest 1000%, memtest86 4x, mprime(linux) 24h, gsat 1h. Don't overclock if you dont want too pass all of these.

As Stilt says occt linpack is not good for finding stability or error it's rather to see whether your cpu has enogh Voltage to work. But better and faster test for voltage is occt small.

I did this for 1700x and C6H WIFI, but with C7H and 2700x I have some random shudowns. It looks like it's because of windows or some software installed on it, not related to BIOS. But I need to test it. I think it's software because I changed only C7H and 2700x everything other is the same and I went ~44h with ryzen kill script on ubuntu 18.04 no shut downs. I went to windows 10 aida64 ~5h and shutdown on stock settings, same with occt after 15 mins. I need tu turn off PSU and turn on to be able to turn on motherboard again.

·
Meddling user
7,423 Posts
It's below the SoC OC VID...
No idea what Mode0 below SoC Overclock VID is :eek:. Hopefully The Stilt or Elmor can let us know :) .

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
No idea what Mode0 below SoC Overclock VID is :eek:. Hopefully The Stilt or Elmor can let us know :) .
Mode0 was somehow Linux related, but I have no additional info on that.

SoC Overclock VID allows you to override the default (static) VID the SoC domain requests from the VRM controller.

OC VID in HEX = ((1.55 - "the desired voltage") * 160).

·
Registered
63 Posts

SoC Overclock VID allows you to override the default (static) VID the SoC domain requests from the VRM controller.

Dear Stilt, what do you think is the problem with my case.

C7H with 0509 UEFI, ubuntu 18.04-> run ryzen kill script (it's cpu at 100% load but with temps about 50C so it's not real 100% load) for ~44h
C7H with 0509 UEFI, win10 1803 build(new one) -> random shutdown while stress test, cpu temps are fine, So it shutdown, can't turn on pc need to turn off/turn on PSU and then I can turn on PC. I can't stress test more than 5h, it worked like even 8h after 2nd shutdown, but after than I run occt small and it did it again after 15 mins. so it's random maybe even related to some of stress test software which i don't think is the case.

So is it windows problem or bios or motherboard?

UPDATE: I reinstalled windows10 and there is an asus automatic updater that pops up and i don't want to install it. It's like red box. Anyone got this too?

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts

C7H with 0509 UEFI, ubuntu 18.04-> run ryzen kill script (it's cpu at 100% load but with temps about 50C so it's not real 100% load) for ~44h
C7H with 0509 UEFI, win10 1803 build(new one) -> random shutdown while stress test, cpu temps are fine, So it shutdown, can't turn on pc need to turn off/turn on PSU and then I can turn on PC. I can't stress test more than 5h, it worked like even 8h after 2nd shutdown, but after than I run occt small and it did it again after 15 mins. so it's random maybe even related to some of stress test software which i don't think is the case.

UPDATE: I reinstalled windows10 and there is an asus automatic updater that pops up and i don't want to install it. It's like red box. Anyone got this too?
Set the memory frequency to 2400MHz and test with Prime95 under Linux.
If it doesn't fail then its Win 10 related issue, which frankly wouldn't surprise me the slightest.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts

Everyone with c7h gotit?? Its new thing on c7h bet u not even looked in option to turn it off. Hint there is one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Set the memory frequency to 2400MHz and test with Prime95 under Linux.
If it doesn't fail then its Win 10 related issue, which frankly wouldn't surprise me the slightest.
It was with 2133, it is safer than 2400, everything stock only changed in bios: virtualization enabled ,normal boot, with csm disabled and secure boot win10. So it's win10 ?

Strange thing is that i tested with realbench 2h, prime small 1h, prime in-place 1h, and nothing happend till i did occt small. So I am testing now Intel burn test 5x, but i didn't installed any drivers from C7H site this time.

UPDATE: with stock it passed 5x intel burn test it's was up for about 5h, now i am testing 8h prime95 blend custom with 90% ram. It was probably some software installed issue, but still it could be Aida64 and occt

·
Registered
31 Posts
@The Stilt considering lordzed83 binned cpu is doing best core average 1.43V and worst 1.44V with a delta of 4.5mV, does the CPO test have any value? Is delta the key?

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
@The Stilt considering lordzed83 binned cpu is doing best core average 1.43V and worst 1.44V with a delta of 4.5mV, does the CPO test have any value? Is delta the key?
Hard to say.
The best CPUs I have have a pretty hefty delta between the cores.

Also, 4.2GHz @ 1.425V is IMO a hardly binned CPU at all.
I'd be surprised if all CPUs cannot do that, given the cooling is sufficient to run at such an extreme voltage.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have a problem with this board ,any previous overclock i could achive stable with prime x370 pro seems imposible with this board !
Is there any possibility of problematic board? Even the tpu fails...

·
Well, hello there...
4,499 Posts
@The Stilt I tried to run it in the Safe Mode, but it didn't recognize the motherboard. Anyway, I hope it helps or something good. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

I couldn't also got 102 working. Booting windows took me 10min. with it. I know from ryzen 1 me and many others had a certain hole. So there could be a big change you can run higher bclk. Try a higher value but with a lower multiplier. Don't forget to check your ram speed while increasing bclk!!!

Hard to say.
The best CPUs I have have a pretty hefty delta between the cores.

Also, 4.2GHz @ 1.425V is IMO a hardly binned CPU at all.
I'd be surprised if all CPUs cannot do that, given the cooling is sufficient to run at such an extreme voltage.
I didn't wanted to say that but I looks like I'm sharing your thoughts on this. My CPU can run 4.2 on all cores with 1.387v. Will do the prime stress test like you suggested but can almost certainly say it will be stable below 1.425v.

Don't know why thet sell him as a binned CPU if most of us can reach the same..

·
Meddling user
7,423 Posts

:cheers: .

Everyone with c7h gotit?? Its new thing on c7h bet u not even looked in option to turn it off. Hint there is one.
:headscrat C6H also has those settings and sorta confused with your response.

701 - 720 of 12401 Posts