Overclock.net banner

741 - 760 of 12850 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
My good sir.... trust me, I have done all of the above and results posted before. This was plain and simple a test to see what it can do. And 4.29ghz stable at 1.32vcore is pretty good Ill say.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
it was more about the voltage reading than anything else, as overclocking goes if you are stable with 1.32vcore its a really good cpu, do you know the week-wafer production location? Cinebench score?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
it was more about the voltage reading than anything else, as overclocking goes if you are stable with 1.32vcore its a really good cpu, do you know the week-wafer production location? Cinebench score?
Im heading to a wedding will post cb15 score... was 2014 highest without extreme cooling. Will check batch on cpu.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
guys when you are all talking about your speeds and voltages please don't only tell the numbers. Other people over here can be confused while comparing.
There is a big difference between OC all core clocks vs XFR clocks for some cores.

It will help if you can also mention which kind of OC you are using And also the clocks on all cores on same time or not. Also don't forget to mention the vcore while idle vs load or even the spikes we got from XFR boost.

Thanks..

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #745
elmor,

I want to know whether PCIEX1_1 and PCIEX1_2 slots are integrated with CPU or chipset. If I attach a PCIex card on either of these slots, will it reduce the speed of my VGA card sticked to the first PCIx 3.0 x 16 slot to 8x?

Please read "C7H Enthusiast Highlights v03.pdf"

Thank you. I switched to BIOS 0509 and it's still doing the same thing. My Vcore will not go over 1.406V. I've never experienced a problem like this before...

Ai Overclock Tuner: Manual
BCLK Frequency: 100
CPU Core Ratio: 42
CPU Core Voltage: Manual
CPU Core Voltage Override: 1.425
LLC: 5

It's an issue with the SIO provided Vcore reading. Rely on the SVI2 TFN Core Voltage reading for accurate results.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
@elmor

Had another random reboot last night , this time the pc was completely idle as I went to go eat dinner. It powered right back up it had been 25-45 mins it did not require any unplugging, safe boot etc to get it running again.
This is a fresh windows install with no asus, corsair, nzxt etc software installed. I was reading there is a bug with power plan in windows that could be causing random shutdown but for the life of me I cannot find the link.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #747
@elmor

Had another random reboot last night , this time the pc was completely idle as I went to go eat dinner. It powered right back up it had been 25-45 mins it did not require any unplugging, safe boot etc to get it running again.
This is a fresh windows install with no asus, corsair, nzxt etc software installed. I was reading there is a bug with power plan in windows that could be causing random shutdown but for the life of me I cannot find the link.

Sorry not up to date on this power plan bug. Maybe someone else in this thread has better information.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
@elmor

If I remember it well it was fixed with the April update. If it's not a big issue maybe you can do a fresh install with newest windows? I had 1x shutdown but since fresh install never had one till now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If I remember it well it was fixed with the April update. If it's not a big issue maybe you can do a fresh install with newest windows? I had 1x shutdown but since fresh install never had one till now.
Just preformed a fresh install.... But since my post this morning while in the bois I had another shut down that required pulling the plug, clear cmos and a safe boot to get it going again. After two weeks I think its time to just rma this board something is not right, I lose the chipset pcie slots or the onboard networking or both at the same time. I cannot figure out why and the random shutdowns does not help the issue.

·
Registered
134 Posts
2 days with 2700X + C7H, i have something:
_ Turn PE2, offset -0.1v , and others auto, i got ~1890~1910 in CB (i using bitlocker and too much programs in startup) , pass IBT, pass realbench stress , ram can up 3533 C14. XFR2 work perfectly in games., low heat.
_ Manual OC, only [email protected] , got ~1910 in CB ,pass IBT, realbench too but more heat (~+5~10*c when fullload).
So i really confused haha

·
Registered
43 Posts
Have you guys gone back to 0207 bios to see if your system has more stability, out of 0207/0509/0601 my system has has the most stability on the first bios. Have yet to try 04xx bios.
I have had very limited luck trying to overclock my ram so far. I have used the DRAM calculator numbers for Fast OC, and my system won't boot. so does that mean that even though the ram is Samsung B Die its just low binned b-die? I have just ordered F4-3200C14D-32GVK which is a 2x16gb dual rank 3200Mhz 14-14-14-34 kit. Even at stock I believe the performance should be much better I have read.

·
Registered
63 Posts
How do I know if PE1,2,3,4 is too much? I can run all settings and pass cinebench which is weak, but still at PE4 all core boost to 42.5x with Vcore at load 1.395V~1.4V with prime95 FFTs 8K. which is ok probably. How do I know what is too much for my cpu?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Have you guys gone back to 0207 bios to see if your system has more stability, out of 0207/0509/0601 my system has has the most stability on the first bios. Have yet to try 04xx bios.
I have had very limited luck trying to overclock my ram so far. I have used the DRAM calculator numbers for Fast OC, and my system won't boot. so does that mean that even though the ram is Samsung B Die its just low binned b-die? I have just ordered F4-3200C14D-32GVK which is a 2x16gb dual rank 3200Mhz 14-14-14-34 kit. Even at stock I believe the performance should be much better I have read.
I can run that kit @3333 with timings for safe 3200 by ryzen dram calculator. I am not sure whether is that stable. I can even run 3400MHz CL14 again just benchmark stable didn't run through stress test.

·
Registered
463 Posts
i have gone back to 0207 ,cpu overclock is more stable than newer bioses but there are some problems with bios voltages ,as an example i set 1.44v dram and the bios report 1.418v ,this problem appears with all voltages (cpu ,soc, etc) .

My ram is full stable with all bios except 0207(i think the problem is the inaccurate voltages) at 3600mhz cl14-15-15-15-30-46 but my cpu is a first gen ryzen

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm still on 0601, with ram running 3133 MHz with very tight timings, which gives almost the same bandwidth as running 3200 mHz.
I cannot pas RAM test (https://www.karhusoftware.com/ramtest/) beyond 1200% running at 3200 mHz. With 3133 it goes to infinity and beyond.
I'm using G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14D-32GTZ. I have never gotten it to run with any of the settings in ram calculator.
Using D.O.C.P is a no go for me, it simply doesn't work. I just select the ram speed and that's that

I currently use...:
(still working on 3200 MHz)

VSOC Voltage -0.1250

ProcODT_SM 60 ohm

ClkDrvbStren = 40.0 Ohm
AddrCmdDrvStren = 20.0 Ohm
CsOdtDrvStren = 40.0 Ohm
CkeDrvStren = 40.0 Ohm

RttNom = RZQ/3
RttWr = RZQ/3
RttPark = RZQ/1

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm still on 0601, with ram running 3133 MHz with very tight timings, which gives almost the same bandwidth as running 3200 mHz.
I cannot pas RAM test (https://www.karhusoftware.com/ramtest/) beyond 1200% running at 3200 mHz. With 3133 it goes to infinity and beyond.
I'm using G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14D-32GTZ. I have never gotten it to run with any of the settings in ram calculator.
Using D.O.C.P is a no go for me, it simply doesn't work. I just select the ram speed and that's that

I currently use...:

VSOC Voltage -0.1250

ProcODT_SM 60 ohm

ClkDrvbStren = 40.0 Ohm
CsOdtDrvStren = 40.0 Ohm
CkeDrvStren = 40.0 Ohm

RttNom = RZQ/3
RttWr = RZQ/3
RttPark = RZQ/1
I believe my ripjaws are the same exact ram with different cooling/looks, I checked they have same exact jdec specs as well. Once I get it I'll start trying to stabilize them. This would be a good start, thank you!. You should try running the ram on 0207 see if they get stable there.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts

I currently use...:

VSOC Voltage -0.1250

ProcODT_SM 60 ohm

ClkDrvbStren = 40.0 Ohm
CsOdtDrvStren = 40.0 Ohm
CkeDrvStren = 40.0 Ohm

RttNom = RZQ/3
RttWr = RZQ/3
RttPark = RZQ/1
Im currently doing some test with ram. So i thought i share some info.
What voltage are you using, and why did you - offset your soc. Any reason?
For what i know since begin of ryzen 1 soc voltage is important while finding RAM stability.
And again with some test results and notes i made today i see the same.

Running 3466Mhz with TT(tight timings). And testing with Ramtest karhusoftware

Test 1: 1.4v Ram +Ramboot / 1.15v Soc = MemTest 216% 1 error
Test 2: 1.42v Ram +Ramboot / 1.15v Soc = MemTest 835% 1 error
Test 3: 1.435v Ram +Ramboot / Auto Soc (~1.13v) = MemTest 254% 1 error
Test 4: 1.435v Ram +Ramboot / 1.15v Soc = MemTest 313% 1 error
Test 5: 1.42v Ram +Ramboot / 1.175v Soc = MemTest 1794% 1 error

As you can see, highering the voltage didnt helpt but increasing soc helped me get over 1700%!!!
Exactly the same what i saw on CH6+1800x. Again i need to find the sweet spot for my MemOC. And this doesnt meen high ram voltage helps always.

Soc did a lot in the past, and it looks like it does it again.
Will share more results soon!

Below a screenshot of Aida, and 1 from the test 5 while it was on running. Keep in mind
it spew a error on 1794%!

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
Im currently doing some test with ram. So i thought i share some info.
What voltage are you using, and why did you - offset your soc. Any reason?
For what i know since begin of ryzen 1 soc voltage is important while finding RAM stability.
And again with some test results and notes i made today i see the same.

Running 3466Mhz with TT(tight timings). And testing with Ramtest karhusoftware

Test 1: 1.4v Ram +Ramboot / 1.15v Soc = MemTest 216% 1 error
Test 2: 1.42v Ram +Ramboot / 1.15v Soc = MemTest 835% 1 error
Test 3: 1.435v Ram +Ramboot / Auto Soc (~1.13v) = MemTest 254% 1 error
Test 4: 1.435v Ram +Ramboot / 1.15v Soc = MemTest 313% 1 error
Test 5: 1.42v Ram +Ramboot / 1.175v Soc = MemTest 1794% 1 error

As you can see, highering the voltage didnt helpt but increasing soc helped me get over 1700%!!!
Exactly the same what i saw on CH6+1800x. Again i need to find the sweet spot for my MemOC. And this doesnt meen high ram voltage helps always.

Soc did a lot in the past, and it looks like it does it again.
Will share more results soon!

Below a screenshot of Aida, and 1 from the test 5 while it was on running. Keep in mind
it spew a error on 1794%!

In my case for a stable overclock for 6 hours with no error at tpu memtset ,helped rtt values by calculator (7/off/5) and cad bus (20/20/20/20)

·
Registered
31 Posts
@elmor i was using windows without crash , plugged the mouse to wired mode to put in on charge(g403) and no mouse movement no keyboard (they were connected to 2.0) , i press the power button and windows was actually working.
Now neither USB2.0 ports or frontal panel usb 3 are working , while back usb 3.0 still works , mouse and keyboard works on 3.0, what could have caused this and how can i fix it?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Would like some help I can’t seem to figure out why my cpu won’t downvolt if I set Pstate OC I set P0 changed to A5 then voltage to 25 When to extreme tweaked tab and set my voltage to offset +0.005 I get downclocking whole idle but not downvolting SVI2 will not move from 1.325 @elmor any thought on what it could be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

741 - 760 of 12850 Posts