Overclock.net banner

12081 - 12100 of 12240 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Is there a spread spectrum setting in any version of the BIOS for this board? I read that disabling it can fix the BCLK to 100 MHz instead of the 99.8 MHz I see typically. Just a minor, inconsequential quibble, but still a little eyesore. I also wonder if it helps with stability, not that I have any issues.

Using the search function in BIOS 2203 I see only VRM spread spectrum on Auto, and disabling it had no noticeable effect on BCLK. I've read others mention SB spread spectrum (on C8H) and CPU spread spectrum.

Do you have DOCP enabled? I know i have read about others getting 100 BCLK when they use auto or manual BCLK but when they used DOCP for their memory they get 99.8. It's almost as if ASUS is turning spread spectrum on when DOCP is used.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Is there a spread spectrum setting in any version of the BIOS for this board? I read that disabling it can fix the BCLK to 100 MHz instead of the 99.8 MHz I see typically. Just a minor, inconsequential quibble, but still a little eyesore. I also wonder if it helps with stability, not that I have any issues.

Using the search function in BIOS 2203 I see only VRM spread spectrum on Auto, and disabling it had no noticeable effect on BCLK. I've read others mention SB spread spectrum (on C8H) and CPU spread spectrum.
Don't run DOCP if you want BCLK to stay at 100. Set it to Manual and set your timings manually.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Do you have DOCP enabled? I know i have read about others getting 100 BCLK when they use auto or manual BCLK but when they used DOCP for their memory they get 99.8. It's almost as if ASUS is turning spread spectrum on when DOCP is used.
Don't run DOCP if you want BCLK to stay at 100. Set it to Manual and set your timings manually.
Ah, yes I am using DOCP. Thanks for revealing the secret.

·
Registered
135 Posts
For Ryzen 3xxx overclocking (3700x specifically) do you guys leave voltage on auto? I heard that the way it works with the 3xxx series is that putting it on static voltage just hurts performance.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ill rather hurt performance than hurt the cpu itself, because the auto shoots way higher voltages sometimes. (regardless of the mb brand)

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
For Ryzen 3xxx overclocking (3700x specifically) do you guys leave voltage on auto? I heard that the way it works with the 3xxx series is that putting it on static voltage just hurts performance.
I've never tried leaving it on Auto as I don't know what the board is gonna try to set.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Ok I gave it a quick try. I'm not sure if the board would have used more voltage for a higher multiplier.

SVI2 1.3V
VID 1.1V

Attachments

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Ayyy the site's back up.

·
Computer Enthusiast
2,870 Posts
Hey! That took a while!
I've been meaning to ask you about CPU voltage - I've always left mine on auto with Ryzen 3xxx. Also, does offset work with CPU/SoC? Whats best way do you think?

Current experience is that it stays within the limits AMD states -i.e. up to 1.5v VID on light loads.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Hey! That took a while!
I've been meaning to ask you about CPU voltage - I've always left mine on auto with Ryzen 3xxx. Also, does offset work with CPU/SoC? Whats best way do you think?

Current experience is that it stays within the limits AMD states -i.e. up to 1.5v VID on light loads.
I don't think I've tried any SOC and related voltages with an offset. I know with SOC less than 1.1V I get USB dropouts at 1900 FCLK.

·
Computer Enthusiast
2,870 Posts
And you've never had the CPU on Auto? You're doing CCX OC right? High LLC if I remember right....

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
And you've never had the CPU on Auto? You're doing CCX OC right? High LLC if I remember right....
I'm running EDC bug with Auto CPU voltage and LLC currently.

·
Computer Enthusiast
2,870 Posts
I'm running EDC bug with Auto CPU voltage and LLC currently.
So the CPU isn't needing LLC? I've been using CPU LLC = 2 as thought (like previous chips) it might need that while OCing RAM - i might try without....

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
So the CPU isn't needing LLC? I've been using CPU LLC = 2 as thought (like previous chips) it might need that while OCing RAM - i might try without....
Sorry I left out the 3. I'm running LLC 3 with it.

·
Computer Enthusiast
2,870 Posts
Sorry I left out the 3. I'm running LLC 3 with it.
Doesn't seem to matter what I do on bios 3004+ - just won't do XMP or 3800 at all. Keep getting code 07 which I haven't had in quite some time!

·
Computer Enthusiast
2,870 Posts
something different but some could be interested nicked of chinese to put on my yt for ez watch
Thanks

Impressive - especially the 'low' FPS. I wonder what AMD will bring to the table..... and the RTX3090

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Thanks

Impressive - especially the 'low' FPS. I wonder what AMD will bring to the table..... and the RTX3090
Im grabbing 3080 day 1 as im a 4k monitor user was waiting for gpu thats not on old node. AMD have **** all in high end so NV is still only option especially i want Ray tracing for Cyberpunk and WoW Shadowlands

Pascal titan with block can retire after 4 years. It mined me over 2000 pounds profit so paid for this 3080 :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Im grabbing 3080 day 1 as im a 4k monitor user was waiting for gpu thats not on old node. AMD have **** all in high end so NV is still only option especially i want Ray tracing for Cyberpunk and WoW Shadowlands

Pascal titan with block can retire after 4 years. It mined me over 2000 pounds profit so paid for this 3080 :)
You are in for a surprise....

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
You are in for a surprise....
Awww c'mon man. Do you know something we don't or are you looking at the same leaks we are?

12081 - 12100 of 12240 Posts