Overclock.net banner

12381 - 12400 of 12865 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Got my 5900X, tested first default and single core was as advertised, but after memory OC it went down. Still faster than almost all other CPU:s but something killed the edge. Multicore on the other hand, beats 5950X with a margin in Geekbench 5.2.5. Somehow a mystery, how will I find a setting that excels in both single- and multicore?

Everything is stable, no blackscreens and no WHEA errors. Temps are great, even Cinebench R23 couldn't go above 70C and that was with 150W package power.

Oh, and now when posting I have TWO cores that go to 5149MHz!

Most difficult with the transition was I had to mount a extra 12V cable for when my RTX3080 arrives(whenever), but now it's just to swap the 2070 Super for it :)

• Rep+
Reactions: oreonutz

·
Registered
23 Posts
My SC tanked a little after enabling PBO with manual limits (EDC,TDC = 206) but MT went through the roof. Guess I'll keep it like this for now. Too bad I have a dud in terms of Fmax tho.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Oh, and I eventually had ONE WHEA error, been running for 5-6 hours straight.

Have to figure out why single core is tanking with my custom settings, it was great using default all.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Everyone, any testing with Curve Optimizer yet? I haven't dug into it so far and are still somewhat in the unknown about it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Everyone, any testing with Curve Optimizer yet? I haven't dug into it so far and are still somewhat in the unknown about it.
PBO manual limits:
PPT 500 EDC 206 TDC 206

curve optimizer:
best 2-3 cores on CCD0 -10
the rest -25 or lower

all core boost ~4.5GHz
Single core on best cores max 5.05GHz

·
Registered
758 Posts
PBO manual limits:
PPT 500 EDC 206 TDC 206

curve optimizer:
best 2-3 cores on CCD0 -10
the rest -25 or lower

all core boost ~4.5GHz
Single core on best cores max 5.05GHz
Thanks! A great tip!

I just did a quick test, before reading your post, +20 all tanked performance and -5 all improved both single and multi.
edit. And yes, with -5 even worst core boosts to 4800MHz, two best is 5150MHz. 1, 2, 3 and 5 are my best and all boosts to 5GHz or above.

·
Registered
758 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Latency is good, and I haven't even tried 4000MHz yet

Boosting is lively

·
Registered
758 Posts
Correction, minus 25 for CCD1 in Curve Optimizer was too much, I got black screen in low idle. Same as when under volting a Zen 2 too heavy. Raised to minus 20 instead, lets see if it holds. I had no black screen for 6 hours before I tried Curve Optimizer.

·
Registered
132 Posts
There was an option to only use one CCD on my 3900X, but I can't find it now with 4001 bios :(

·
Computer Enthusiast
2,904 Posts
I had problems flashing 4001.

I have a USB drive which sits in the USB connector used for FlashBack. I copied the file over and renamed it as usual (C7H.cap). It just wouldn't do it.

I decided to try the bios tool for updating bios - and it seems to have worked. This wasn't working for me since larger bioses came out, but it really does seem to have worked. I might check if Afuefifix is working again...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had problems flashing 4001.

I have a USB drive which sits in the USB connector used for FlashBack. I copied the file over and renamed it as usual (C7H.cap). It just wouldn't do it.

I decided to try the bios tool for updating bios - and it seems to have worked. This wasn't working for me since larger bioses came out, but it really does seem to have worked. I might check if Afuefifix is working again...
I had no problem using flashback and 4001.
Fat32 formated 4GB old Sandisk cruzer flash stick (update took less than 6 minutes)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Any of you Zen3 guys able to hit 4000 FCLK on your samples with the C7H?
Haven't had time, and the bios lost fan control completely today. Three fans spinning at 1800rpm ain't fun. Had to reset twice to get back to normal fan speeds, now it's nice and quiet. But in no mood to test memory speeds :)

·
Registered
758 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Any of you Zen3 guys able to hit 4000 FCLK on your samples with the C7H?
Meant to type 2000 obviously, should’ve saved posting until I wasn’t half asleep.

Definitely some growing pains with zen3 and all these bios updates. 2000 IF seems relatively rare so far but it’s good to see some chips are doing it. I imagine we’ll see quality improve over time like Zen2, but I am itching to grab a 5900x even though I had planned to wait for it to mature a little. I picked up an x570 unify for cheap today so I will be comparing it to my C7H which is one of my favorite boards I’ve had. I’m also curious how many updates we’ll see from Asus for the C7H once they’re able to get a stable bios out that supports Zen3 given their track record.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Regarding Curve Optimizer, CCD0 = minus 10 and CCD1 = minus 15 still gives occasional blackscreen, Now I'm testing CCD0 = minus 8 and CCD1 = minus 12, we'll see how long that holds before blackscreening on idle.

·
Tech Enthusiast
1,544 Posts
Did someone get the 5000 Series Working on the C7H??? I should have stopped here earlier. Got my 5900x weeks ago, but haven't installed it yet because I haven't had time to do the Mobo Swap from the C7H to the C8H. But if one of you guys have already done the work to get it working on the C7H, then I can just flash and install right now. I should have known one of you Guru's would be working on this! Now I just have to dig through the thread to find the link to the BIOS. You guys are awesome!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did someone get the 5000 Series Working on the C7H??? I should have stopped here earlier. Got my 5900x weeks ago, but haven't installed it yet because I haven't had time to do the Mobo Swap from the C7H to the C8H. But if one of you guys have already done the work to get it working on the C7H, then I can just flash and install right now. I should have known one of you Guru's would be working on this! Now I just have to dig through the thread to find the link to the BIOS. You guys are awesome!
You'll find the beta BIOS 4001 with Ryzen 5000 compatibility here: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...VII-HERO/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VII-HERO-ASUS-4001.ZIP

·
Tech Enthusiast
1,544 Posts
12381 - 12400 of 12865 Posts