Overclock.net banner

12421 - 12440 of 12851 Posts

·
Tech Enthusiast
1,544 Posts
i had to go and get myself a 5600X for the fun of it, i wont even admit how much i really paid for it...
im happy with how its boosting, this is only PBO enabled+ auto OC with very little time spent on it yet but i cant seem to get 1900IF stable atm, if anyone has any advise pls let me know, i went 1.125V soc and i left the rest on auto. with 1900IF it seems to be posting on windows for about 10 secs before it crashes to black screen.

View attachment 2468909
NICE! I haven't tried shooting for 1900IF on Zen3 Yet, I just know on Zen2 I had to make sure Gear Down Mode was either on Auto or Enabled for me to post at 1900IF. Hopefully some others on Zen3 who have posted 1900IF or higher will respond and help you out, I am hoping to dig in later this weekend to see if I can get to 1900IF or above. Running pretty Much XMP with tighter Timings at the moment, just cuz it was easy to post (3600Mhz CL14).

• Rep+
Reactions: speedgoat

·
Registered
746 Posts
i had to go and get myself a 5600X for the fun of it, i wont even admit how much i really paid for it...
im happy with how its boosting, this is only PBO enabled+ auto OC with very little time spent on it yet but i cant seem to get 1900IF stable atm, if anyone has any advise pls let me know, i went 1.125V soc and i left the rest on auto. with 1900IF it seems to be posting on windows for about 10 secs before it crashes to black screen.

View attachment 2468909
Nice! Btw that is a old version of AIDA64, gives wrong numbers for bandwidth,

To get 1900 to boot I set VTT 725mV VDDP 930mV and VDDG IOD/CCD 990mV, SOC is 1.1V also VBOOT DRAM is set to 1.42V.

edit I always use GEAR DOWN MODE enabled, it is enormously more stable and the performance impact is very small. It's like 1.5T.

·
Registered
746 Posts
thank you xeizo !! i ll try this to see if it works
its aida 6.25.5490 i think its fairly recent, not the latest
It's 6.30-series now, been several versions, they show quite different bandwidth numbers

·
Computer Enthusiast
2,904 Posts
Nice! Btw that is a old version of AIDA64, gives wrong numbers for bandwidth,

To get 1900 to boot I set VTT 725mV VDDP 930mV and VDDG IOD/CCD 990mV, SOC is 1.1V also VBOOT DRAM is set to 1.42V.

edit I always use GEAR DOWN MODE enabled, it is enormously more stable and the performance impact is very small. It's like 1.5T.
Is this with your 3900x or 5xxx? And do you mean CLD0_VDDP or just VDDP?

Just going to try new bios now....

Edit: First thing I noticed about 4xxx bios versions have got rid of problem I had of bios setting CLDO_VDDP automatically, higher than VDDG. Interesting.....

·
Registered
746 Posts
Is this with your 3900x or 5xxx? And do you mean CLD0_VDDP or just VDDP?

Just going to try new bios now....

Edit: First thing I noticed about 4xxx bios versions have got rid of problem I had of bios setting CLDO_VDDP automatically, higher than VDDG. Interesting.....
5900X, now I'm running 950mV on all VDDP/VDDG. lower boost but better scores!

·
Computer Enthusiast
2,904 Posts
5900X, now I'm running 950mV on all VDDP/VDDG. lower boost but better scores!

I've never changed VDDP in the Advanced Menu - did I miss something?!

Did you change that on your 3900x as well? I think I might be having problems getting over 3733 because of my 4 dimms. I have a feeling if I removed 2 it would perform better. DOCP doesn't work like it used to - shame as I was getting interesting results. What a shame we have to sacrifice some performance to use more memory.

Excellent results! FOMO is setting in!

·
Registered
746 Posts
I've never changed VDDP in the Advanced Menu - did I miss something?!

Did you change that on your 3900x as well? I think I might be having problems getting over 3733 because of my 4 dimms. I have a feeling if I removed 2 it would perform better. DOCP doesn't work like it used to - shame as I was getting interesting results. What a shame we have to sacrifice some performance to use more memory.

Excellent results! FOMO is setting in!
I run 3900X on my B550-F now, it needs different settings than 5000-series, basically 5000 works best with almost everything on Auto

The 3900X has best scores ever though, with this new batch of bioses

·
Computer Enthusiast
2,904 Posts
I run 3900X on my B550-F now, it needs different settings than 5000-series, basically 5000 works best with almost everything on Auto

The 3900X has best scores ever though, with this new batch of bioses
And what about VDDP in the advanced menu?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I am getting random WHEA error, just one, after 10-12 hours of usage. Its just hard reset, no bsod no anything. The PC just resets itself. Do you guys think its the BIOS? Or my CPU is faulty? This is the error I get -> Event 18

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error

·
Registered
746 Posts
I am getting random WHEA error, just one, after 10-12 hours of usage. Its just hard reset, no bsod no anything. The PC just resets itself. Do you guys think its the BIOS? Or my CPU is faulty? This is the error I get -> Event 18

VDDG/VDDP, Curve Optimizer or Fmax could be culprits. My guess is Fmax because since I quit using it a few days ago I haven't had a single WHEA error. Also, using Motherboard Limits instead of tweaking PPT/TDC/EDC seems to stabilize things, and that is also the AMD recommendation for 5000.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I will try with disabling the fmax since my limits are set to motherboard already.

But I assume this is a bios problem isn't it? Its not that my cpu is faulty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello everyone I need help ... there is possibility to run 128 gb ram at 3600 mhz 4 banks of 32 gb hyperx fury certified by asus on crossfire hero viii with rayzen 3950x in a stable way i have the latest bios 3003 but I have occasional problems with reboots and ignition problems with docp activated by default .. same problems with previous bios there are some tricks I am a beginner I would not like to overclock but have a stable pc .. thanks for your help

·
Registered
746 Posts
I will try with disabling the fmax since my limits are set to motherboard already.

But I assume this is a bios problem isn't it? Its not that my cpu is faulty.
I don't think your CPU is faulty, the sudden reboot has been very common lately across vendors. I guess it comes from the AGESA code, and Fmax possibly worsen it

·
Registered
746 Posts
Hello everyone I need help ... there is possibility to run 128 gb ram at 3600 mhz 4 banks of 32 gb hyperx fury certified by asus on crossfire hero viii with rayzen 3950x in a stable way i have the latest bios 3003 but I have occasional problems with reboots and ignition problems with docp activated by default .. same problems with previous bios there are some tricks I am a beginner I would not like to overclock but have a stable pc .. thanks for your help
4 banks are harder to drive, I guess you need higher SOC like 1.1-1.15V and VDDP/VDDG 1.0V, also VTT 700-750mV. And, you need higher VDIMM, like 1.36-1.4V. And, 4 DIMMS at 3600MHz will get hot, you need good airflow towards the memory banks. For memory, 50C is hot as they starts spitting out errors at or slightly above that temp.

• Rep+
Reactions: karmal

·
Registered
84 Posts

i had a daily instant reboot after black screen during the summer, i was getting these messages "event 18" too. I was also only getting it when the pc was idling, never on workload. In my case, it was 100% related to IF instability and stepping down one click there would always disappear the problem. I think in my case it was eventually fixed by increasing Vsoc slightly, but then again i reinstalled windows, i updated the chipset, im not entirely sure how it went away

·
Registered
11 Posts
4 banks are harder to drive, I guess you need higher SOC like 1.1-1.15V and VDDP/VDDG 1.0V, also VTT 700-750mV. And, you need higher VDIMM, like 1.36-1.4V. And, 4 DIMMS at 3600MHz will get hot, you need good airflow towards the memory banks. For memory, 50C is hot as they starts spitting out errors at or slightly above that temp.
before I had 4 banks from 16 gb to 3000mhz spread brand and everything went smoothly..
you say that with two banks from 32 gb to 3600 mhz I will have more stability?

·
Registered
746 Posts
before I had 4 banks from 16 gb to 3000mhz spread brand and everything went smoothly..
you say that with two banks from 32 gb to 3600 mhz I will have more stability?
Two banks are more stable because the topology of memory slots, they are daisy chained, C6H/X370-Prime where the last Asus AMD boards that wasn't daisy chained

·
Registered
11 Posts
[QUOTE = "xeizo, post: 28692232, membro: 135656"]
Due banchi sono più stabili perché la topologia degli slot di memoria, sono daisy chain, C6H / X370-Prime dove le ultime schede Asus AMD che non erano daisy chain
[/CITAZIONE]
So do you advise me to leave only two banks of ram on crossfire hero viii with x570 chipset? and on which slot? to make them work by default at 3600mhz
while I'm writing I'm working with 4 full ram banks (128gb at 3600mhz and for a day it hasn't restarted boh.)

12421 - 12440 of 12851 Posts